Klei pls start selling skins for reasonable prices

Klei, please start selling Skins/Skin packages for reasonable prices from an official store or something, like it's planned with the gladiator skins, but with all skins. I wanna have a full collection of skins, but I'm not willing to pay these ridiciulous prices to those few lucky greedy people who happen to get the skins through drops. Instead I'd like to support you developers directly through direct skin package purchases.

59fee6174d296_2017-11-0511_16_08-Steam.thumb.png.eb32b34b240d906650f0a1d88a362c5b.png

This seems so wrong, honestly! They've come up with a system that has seemingly satisfied their player base (at least the lot of you on the forums), but before they implement it they make the Hallowed Nights skins droppable. But whatever the case, wait a couple weeks for the prices to drop, and we'll wait and see if they're only gonna be dropping in November, or if it'll be year round.

2 hours ago, Ressayez said:

This seems so wrong, honestly! They've come up with a system that has seemingly satisfied their player base (at least the lot of you on the forums), but before they implement it they make the Hallowed Nights skins droppable. But whatever the case, wait a couple weeks for the prices to drop, and we'll wait and see if they're only gonna be dropping in November, or if it'll be year round.

It's true, that these skins only dropped for two weeks now, but the thing is that some skins were out for a much longer time (Has it been a year already?), but still have prices as high as 20€ (Wendy GoH, prime example). And Klei announced that these skins would only drop during the Halloween season, so they'd be much rarer just like the Hallowed light torch from last year. (around 30 bucks the entire time) (I assume it's dropping now again, since the price dropped to 25€ for now, but it's still insanely high for a simple skin to be more expensive than the entire game.)

They don't care, these skins are so high cause people is stupid enough to pay high, last year we had like 3 or 4 elegant heads that anyone with a few items could easily craft and get lots, what they did this year? more then 10 skins with 0.01% drop even for trade inn, those skins should be purchasable like they said about forge skins or at least easy to get. Some people can barely buy the game, so gets sad about skins they cant afford, I really wanna know how this works for klei, almost every game get profit with dlc/skins but they do that..

Please, maybe you can consider that Klei must be cautious with skins and all ?

Also, the Forge Skin Set is probably also a test to see if selling skins could work, how, see the consequencies and all. So maybe you should wait for this, and see if it gives good results.

Yes, it means that you'll not have these nice skins this year, but i prefer this option rather than chaos because people can't wait.

7 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

Klei, please start selling Skins/Skin packages for reasonable prices from an official store or something, like it's planned with the gladiator skins, but with all skins. I wanna have a full collection of skins, but I'm not willing to pay these ridiciulous prices to those few lucky greedy people who happen to get the skins through drops. Instead I'd like to support you developers directly through direct skin package purchases.

59fee6174d296_2017-11-0511_16_08-Steam.thumb.png.eb32b34b240d906650f0a1d88a362c5b.png

I made a post in the suggestions and feedback sub forum about it:

47 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Please, maybe you can consider that Klei must be cautious with skins and all ?

Also, the Forge Skin Set is probably also a test to see if selling skins could work, how, see the consequencies and all. So maybe you should wait for this, and see if it gives good results.

Yes, it means that you'll not have these nice skins this year, but i prefer this option rather than chaos because people can't wait.

There will be "chaos" anyways because the Forge update will make big changes to the game. But I think they are for the better. Let the market place burn!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, Master Wolf said:

There will be "chaos" anyways because the Forge update will make big changes to the game. But I think they are for the better. Let the market place burn!!!!!!!

The Forge system of deconstructing skins and such probably will work only for Forge items.

The whole point of the skins is for them to drop as a reward for playing the game, if you're lucky, you'll get a skin you wanted, if you're not lucky, well, keep on hoping, maybe one day you'll get there~

The point is, Klei never intended to be selling them, they never wanted to be directly earning money off of it, there is trading if youre looking to exchange some specific skins for others, and trade inn for swapping duplicates for new stuff, but the steam market never was, and i doubt it ever will be the right place if you're looking to buy these skins.

Steam market is made mainly for collectioners, people willing to pay a lot of money for something you wouldn't even consider worth it, and as long as there are people willing to buy at this price, there will also be people willing to sell them at this price. 

Forge is a bit of a special situation, i figure Klei is trying something new with letting you directly buy event items, which will be kinda funny in my opinion, because of that those people getting rich off of skin collectioners will get nothing new or worth selling~

1 hour ago, Newax said:

The whole point of the skins is for them to drop as a reward for playing the game, if you're lucky, you'll get a skin you wanted, if you're not lucky, well, keep on hoping, maybe one day you'll get there~

The point is, Klei never intended to be selling them, they never wanted to be directly earning money off of it, there is trading if youre looking to exchange some specific skins for others, and trade inn for swapping duplicates for new stuff, but the steam market never was, and i doubt it ever will be the right place if you're looking to buy these skins.

Steam market is made mainly for collectioners, people willing to pay a lot of money for something you wouldn't even consider worth it, and as long as there are people willing to buy at this price, there will also be people willing to sell them at this price. 

Forge is a bit of a special situation, i figure Klei is trying something new with letting you directly buy event items, which will be kinda funny in my opinion, because of that those people getting rich off of skin collectioners will get nothing new or worth selling~

I did not know you worked for Klei.

10 hours ago, Newax said:

No, it is not. The amount of skins there are in comparison to their rarity and the limit players can get every week; this is not a normal drop system. If you look at any skin over the common rarity your chances of getting that single skin as a random drop are extremely extremely rare and this chance lowers for each rarity level you go up. You talk like it's just a rough grind every player has to push through, playing tens of hours throughout the week for four skin drops which have a less then a 1/100 chance of being the thing you want if you want anything remotely rare. If you tried to get every skin you wanted in this game just by playing, you'd be here for tens of years. This is exactly why the Steam market exists for DST, because of the absurd rarity of items. This is exactly why. The toxic arrogance of "maybe one day you'll get there" squiggly line when talking about an outcome with less then a 1/300 chance, getting a specific extremely rare item out of over a dozen during a timed event in a drop system where you have a limited amount of chances to get drops.

It's ironic that you say this considering that Klei is literally planning on selling skins, tomorrow, as a part of the Forge event. Thus showing that they understand this idea and on some level are okay with it, which is likely what sparked people asking for other skins to be sold like this. If the Steam market, the central place where you buy skins, is not the right place if you're looking to buy skins; then where is the right place. Like, what, you're trying to claim the literal designated place for doing something; isn't the place for doing it. Great.

No, the Steam market is not for "collectioners" (collectors) it is for people that actually want to get skins they actually want. Most of the skins on the Steam market are decently priced by the modern internet standards where many games these days sell skins for 5-20$ each. There are not people willing to buy things at some absurd prices. The pumpkin torch and Oxygen Not Included science machine, they're still 40$ and they hardly ever sell because almost no body wants them for that price yet they stay that price because the sellers refuse to go lower. Certain items will remain their price no matter what because the sellers believe it should be at that or around that price, there is no trade flow for 2000$ Wendy heads.

So it's funny that Klei is allowing people to buy things for a reasonable price instead of letting cretins profit off video game cosmetics by selling them at stupid prices? And again you squiggly line with that toxic arrogance on an already toxic situation. If you're going to be toxic could you at least be right when you do it.

Ugh honestly it would have been better to just say "You're an idiot" then all this but I prefer to differentiate myself from that specific 1/5th of the users on this forum.

Just now, The Curator said:

No, it is not. The amount of skins there are in comparison to their rarity and the limit players can get every week; this is not a normal drop system. If you look at any skin over the common rarity your chances of getting that single skin as a random drop are extremely extremely rare and this chance lowers for each rarity level you go up. You talk like it's just a rough grind every player has to push through, playing tens of hours throughout the week for four skin drops which have a less then a 1/100 chance of being the thing you want if you want anything remotely rare. If you tried to get every skin you wanted in this game just by playing, you'd be here for tens of years. This is exactly why the Steam market exists for DST, because of the absurd rarity of items. This is exactly why. The toxic arrogance of "maybe one day you'll get there" squiggly line when talking about an outcome with less then a 1/300 chance, getting a specific extremely rare item out of over a dozen during a timed event in a drop system where you have a limited amount of chances to get drops.

It's ironic that you say this considering that Klei is literally planning on selling skins, tomorrow, as a part of the Forge event. Thus showing that they understand this idea and on some level are okay with it, which is likely what sparked people asking for other skins to be sold like this. If the Steam market, the central place where you buy skins, is not the right place if you're looking to buy skins; then where is the right place. Like, what, you're trying to claim the literal designated place for doing something; isn't the place for doing it. Great.

No, the Steam market is not for "collectioners" (collectors) it is for people that actually want to get skins they actually want. Most of the skins on the Steam market are decently priced by the modern internet standards where many games these days sell skins for 5-20$ each. There are not people willing to buy things at some absurd prices. The pumpkin torch and Oxygen Not Included science machine, they're still 40$ and they hardly ever sell because almost no body wants them for that price yet they stay that price because the sellers refuse to go lower. Certain items will remain their price no matter what because the sellers believe it should be at that or around that price, there is no trade flow for 2000$ Wendy heads.

So it's funny that Klei is allowing people to buy things for a reasonable price instead of letting cretins profit off video game cosmetics by selling them at stupid prices? And again you squiggly line with that toxic arrogance on an already toxic situation. If you're going to be toxic could you at least be right when you do it.

Ugh honestly it would have been better to just say "You're an idiot" then all this but I prefer to differentiate myself from that specific 1/5th of the users on this forum.

I agree with Curator but next time kinda tone down on the triggered part, even if you are triggered (I am too, so try to control it). "Maybe one day you'll get there" This particular phrase here makes me want to punch the guy that wrote it, but I need to control my self if I want to be understood and listened to.

36 minutes ago, ScoutBonk444 said:

why are people even complaining about skins being too expensive

they are purely cosmetic and do not affect gameplay in any way

what are you talking about, it is necessary that i must have ownership of that amazing aesthetically-pleasing wigfrid skin with the out-of-place gradient and off-centred torso

7 hours ago, The Curator said:

Completely agree with you, thank you for making this post. I keep finding this type of toxicity in the forums and has made me stop commenting as much as I used to. The lack of critical thinking an arrogance I have encountered makes me wonder how they approach life like that, must be miserable people.

6 hours ago, Spaartan said:

I agree with Curator but next time kinda tone down on the triggered part, even if you are triggered (I am too, so try to control it). "Maybe one day you'll get there" This particular phrase here makes me want to punch the guy that wrote it, but I need to control my self if I want to be understood and listened to.

I thought it was toned down.

39 minutes ago, ScoutBonk444 said:

why are people even complaining about skins being too expensive

they are purely cosmetic and do not affect gameplay in any way

Seriously, I don't know if you are trolling or you are oblivious to the whole situation that have been going on for a long time.

28 minutes ago, Master Wolf said:

Seriously, I don't know if you are trolling or you are oblivious to the whole situation that have been going on for a long time.

There are people for whom skins are still only cosmetics and who won't be upset by not getting their favourite skin in the next few weeks/month. I know a few of such, some even in real life. I don't know about ScoutBonk, but there are definitely such people out there.

11 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

There are people for whom skins are still only cosmetics and who won't be upset by not getting their favourite skin in the next few weeks/month. I know a few of such, some even in real life. I don't know about ScoutBonk, but there are definitely such people out there.

But people have been complaining about the skin drop system for a longer time than that. I just thought he might me a troll because he commented that in a post that is named " Klei pls start selling skins for reasonable prices". Either that or he is oblivious to the whole thing, otherwise, why would he comment that?

Archived