Can we change the mob names back? ;_;

AretMaw

Tortank is a way better name than Snortoises. (ew ugly)

Venomeer's Venom is way cooler to say than Scourgion Venom. (alliteration!!!)

Crocovile's were cool before they were changed to Crocommanders. (Now they just sound bossy ;_; )

Can we please change them back to the original names? I think most agree they were more charismatic. 

Poor Wilson is sad too!!

Sad_Wilson_DST.gif

I think they were changed to not get sued from other companies who also had stuff with those names, but I agree with Snortoises being renamed again.

First of all it's so random for Tortanks to be changed to Snortoises, they don't even snort or shoot boogers like Spat does. I think they should rename it again to something more fitting like.. Tanktoise, Sturdle(Sturdy + Turtle), Turttallic(Turtle + Metallic). those are a couple exmaples which I think are far better than "Snortoise"

Someone of our discord group pointed out that snortoise might be based on the already existing snurtles. Although the tortanks don’t really bear any resemblance to snails, I can see why they did it.

That said, I do actually prefer tortanks.

As for the Crocommanders, I feel like that makes sense as well. They do put banners down that increase their squadron’s abilities. Crocoviles was a bit ‘meh’ in my opninion.

What the pun in Scorpeon is, apart from scorpion, I’m not sure. I do prefer Venomeers but with this one I don’t mind either.

I like Scourgion. It sounds real cool. Plus I think they also changed it so its no longer Venomeer Venom, and its now Scourgion Acid which makes more sense how it can damage us on contact and WX-78.

3 hours ago, WishIHadAFridge said:

What the pun in Scorpeon is, apart from scorpion, I’m not sure. I do prefer Venomeers but with this one I don’t mind either.

It's a combination of "Scourge" and "Scorpion" :D 

Nevermind im a moron

2 hours ago, Ashkain said:
3 hours ago, WishIHadAFridge said:

It's a combination of "Scourge" and "Scorpion" :D 

No, it got changed again. They're not "Scourgions" now, they're "Scorpeons" (a portmanteau of "Scorpion" and "Peon").

8 hours ago, SuperDavid said:

Sturdle(Sturdy + Turtle)

Distant relative to the S(n/l)urtles? :3

-----------------------------------------------

Joking aside, I also hate the new names that the devs have decided to change the old ones with. Tortanks, Crocoviles, and Venomeers are all names that easily roll off the tongue. Whereas Scourgion (I know it was changed), Crococommander, and Snortoises roll off the tongue like a prickly sea urchin. Heck, even the devs had a hard time saying Scourgion on their devstream! :wilson_ecstatic:

After digging further (and by that I mean inputting the names into a Google search query), I found that Tortank is the name of a Pokemon, Crocovile is from Spyro (also Power Rangers), and Venomeer is came up with results from the forums. So yeah, I can see the potential legal ramifications that could come with keeping those names in, with the exception of Venomeer of course. 

And Scorpeons? REALLY? C'mon Klei, that strikes me as slightly lazy. Just sayin'. 

-----------------------------------------------

I believe they changed it from Venomeers because they don't shoot venom, but rather acid. When the beta first came out it confused a lot of players because Pugna was all like "Poison them!" Then it said you would die from venom, however on a klei stream they were like, "Nah it's acid."

So I personally think that while Scorpeon is a worse name, I would prefer it because it fits them better. Also they really do shoot acid rather than venom. I think WX has a dialoug that supports that.

But fictional venom could be acid.

Anyways, another name idea for Snortoises is Tortress (Tortoise + Fortress) or Turtress (Turtle + Fortress).

I think Crocobile is perfect, but Crocommander works too.

Also, couldn´t scorpions just be called Scorpions? We do have Hounds and Pigs, after all.

Archived