[Oil Preview Update] - 234005

• Developer

Welcome to everyone who has joined the Public Testing branch! We really appreciate all the bugs you've been reporting, and hope you are enjoying the new content. There are a number of issues we're still investigating, such as the Duplicant animations being a little... wonky... but in the mean time, here's some fixes in time for the weekend. Have fun! :) 

View full update

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• Developer
1 minute ago, goboking said:

Moved Rooms overlay default shortcut key from F12 to Shift-F1 to prevent conflict with steam

I'm confused.  The Rooms overlay was F11 and the Exosuit overlay was F12.  Which of these got moved to Shift-F1?

Suits overlay. Thanks for catching that. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gravityx said:

>Poly Press and Refinery now correctly require duplicant work

Before: refinery required dupe work, poly press does not
After: same as before, poly press still working without dupe input

I think the press used to state that it needs dupe operation.

3 minutes ago, SusanMcO said:

Just to be clear, I'm new to all this - if I open an older map in OI, it will not have oil in it, correct, since the world is already spawned?

Getting oil (and diamonds not that they matter) requires generating a new world.

It seems that they have retooled world gen to make geysers (at least the steam geysers) spawn closer...  I was doing some seed hunting today, and I noticed most, if not all, of my generated maps had both steam geysers in the adjacent biomes.

But of course, the down side is the ridiculous water consumption required now...  Sigh...

16 minutes ago, Animar said:

Well I noticed a little bug that toilets do not output polluted water anymore.
They still use water buter after one Dupes use the Flush nothing happens, the output pipe stays dry.

You should use the bug tracker part of the forums to report bugs. This makes it easier for the developers to see what bugs there are and sort them accordingly. 

This is the first out of three lavatory not making polluted water bugs reported.