Don't Starve Together: Hunger Games

Hunger Games Rules:

The rules of the Hunger Games are quite simple. The last survived player (or two of them IF THEY АRE IN THE SAME DISTRICT) is/are the winner(-s). You can do everything while playing. Building, destroying, killing, lying, betraying, whatever. The only thing is forbidden in Hunger Games is cheating and flame in chat.

Hunger Games features:

·         You can enter the game only in first 8 days of the game.

·         No way to revive

·         Antileaving system (players drop everything when leave)

·         Structures in pocket will come apart after 10 seconds. There is no way to carry structures on long distance.

·         No way to craft difficult items far away from research labs.

·         Some characters are disabled.

·         Sometimes there will be gifts near portal. Be ready to fight for them.

·         Ghosts can't spy. They will be kicked if server is full.

·         Be ready for any surprises in the game. Everything can happen.

·         Every bug you will face in the game is feature. If even it is a bug, mostly it will not be fixed while playing. Maybe it will be fixed in the next round.

Goal

Kill all other players. You have only one life.

Who can join

At start, anybody can join the game. After a while the game enters to closed mode.

Who can't join while open mode:
- Ghosts if the server is full. At least 2 free slots are reserved for new players to join.
- Cheaters. There is anti-cheat system in Kindling Fire Mod.

Who can't join while game is in closed mode:
- Ghosts if the server is full (last 2 slots are reserved).
- Cheaters.
- Unknown players.
- Very old or casual players.

Districts

Every player can join district. If you want, leave a request here. 

If you want you can play alone. But districts can give you some features:

·         A way to win game with your friend

·         You’ll have your ow district icon!

·         You’ll won’t be able to attack your teammates!

·         Bonus inventory for each district!

Armor tuning

All armor reduced by approximately 2 times. But you can combine different armor. For example, 50% body armor + 50% helmet = 75% of the total absorption.
Formula: A + B - A*B,
e.g. (0.5 + 0.5) - 0.5 * 0.5 = 1 - 0.25 = 0.75

Armor

Absorption

Grass armor

0.3 (30%)

Snurtle Shell Armor

Scalemail

Log Suit

Thulecite Suit

Night Armour

Marble Suit

Football Helmet

Battle helm

Shelmet

Thulecite Crown

Kindling Fire Mod

You can find it here.
- Anti-Cheat is enabled! You can't leave the server at night and in evening or you will be banned till the end of the game. Only one disconnect is allowed.

Timeline

Day 1-2. Preparation. You can join the server, listen to music and chat.
Day 3. Initial Gifts

Day 10. Dangerous Gifts near Portal

Day 16. Luxury Gifts near Portal

There is a disaster clocks near portal. Every two days they’ll start to spin, and will choose random disaster.

Characters:

• Willow now has 200 sanity. Also she won't be freezed when she has low sanity.
  • WX-78 starts with 100 hunger, health and sanity, an he's able to upgrade himself to 225 hp, 200 sanity and 200 hunger.
  • Wickerbottom lost her science bonus.
  • Maxwell now has 100 hp, but he starts only with 2 nightmare fuels.
  • Wigfrid lost her attack and defence bonus, but now she can eat any food, not only meat.

Disabled characters are:

• Wolphgang
  • Wes
  • Webber

We start at:

On June, 30th at 18:00 on Moscow time

Server name is: The Hunger Games!

Hey , that sounds pretty nice.

Wanted to participe but since i'm not a really punctual dude and i forget stuff easily i saldy won't be able to come to your super cool event.

But it's a freakin' great idea! I love it , should become a part of Don't starve together game modes (after Cooperative,Madness,etc).

By the way , what are "dangerous gifts"? Is it a Gift wrap with 80 killer bees or something that spawn monsters/giants?

2 hours ago, Angibot said:

Hey , that sounds pretty nice.

Wanted to participe but since i'm not a really punctual dude and i forget stuff easily i saldy won't be able to come to your super cool event.

But it's a freakin' great idea! I love it , should become a part of Don't starve together game modes (after Cooperative,Madness,etc).

By the way , what are "dangerous gifts"? Is it a Gift wrap with 80 killer bees or something that spawn monsters/giants?

It' a surprise :)  

2 hours ago, mathem99 said:

It's a good idea if you mentioned which characters are disabled so others will be aware.

updated. Now with disabled and tuned character folder.

47 minutes ago, csc_unit said:

Does the world get smaller over time? Idk how you'd do that, but that would be dope.

I've been thinking about it, but no. On day 25 all players will be teleported to arena, where they'll have to fight each other.

1 hour ago, fimmatek said:

Will you organize this hunger games more times? Like if I cannot play this week, can I join and try it at some time later?

I like the idea and would give it a try :)

Yeah, If everything will be OK, then I'll make Hunger Games weekly event!

8 hours ago, makar5000 said:

I've been thinking about it, but no. On day 25 all players will be teleported to arena, where they'll have to fight each other.

Add a penalty to player who is too far from the portal.

Reduce the penalty distance over time.

This avoid changing the map, and prevent players escaping again after teleported to arena.

On 13.06.2017 at 11:56 AM, makar5000 said:

- Very old or casual players.

Are you serious? What do you achieve by banning people you consider too old (which is questionable at best, if you use the computer, why should you be considered too old?) or casual? What is the system assessing who fits this description?

You also have a serious flaw in allowing a single disconnection. Third-party technical issues should not be persecuted.

Where is the list of disabled characters again?

2 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Are you serious? What do you achieve by banning people you consider too old (which is questionable at best, if you use the computer, why should you be considered too old?) or casual? What is the system assessing who fits this description?

You also have a serious flaw in allowing a single disconnection. Third-party technical issues should not be persecuted.

Where is the list of disabled characters again?

Sorry, i  google translated it. I've changed this rule.

I mean, I hate to nag, but @JohnWatson & @Arlesienne make good points. Wolfgang being disabled is a little dumb, why not just change him like you did with Wigfrid and Wickerbottom? Remove his speed boost if you consider that OP, maybe even lower his max attack boost to 1.5 or something less obnoxious.

ALSO, disabling Webber yet Maxwell is allowed. And even buffing Maxwell. Realize that spiders have got NOTHING on Shadow Duelists in PvP. If you're gonna ban characters that can have unique allies, ban the one that can literally summon them at will.

Wigfrid being able to eat veggies is like letting Wickerbottom be able to sleep. That's just stupid. Sure, you removed her attack and defense bonus to even it out, but the fact remains that she still spawns with armor and a weapon. Remove her ability to craft them, or at the very least remove them from her starter kit. If you're going to change how her meat diet works, then I'd suggest this instead:

Rather than not being able to eat vegetables at all, Wigfrid is able to eat them on the brink of starvation at the cost of 10 sanity. Maybe at like 1/15th of her hunger, she'd be able to eat vegetables until it goes above 12.

Removing her defense bonus was probably for the best, but removing the attack bonus isn't really the best of ideas.

With the whole disconnect thing, this really makes it difficult for people who are far away from where you host. If you're worried about people leaving during a fight, put a timer on the disconnect button, like make it so they have to stand perfectly still for 10 seconds before disconnecting. Also the dropping items upon leaving is kind of dumb.

Don't get me wrong here, I honestly love this idea and will definitely play on the server when it goes up again. However just skimming through things, I got the impression that you didn't think a few things out as much as you should've.

Course it's your mod, if you wanna keep it the way you do there's no beef from me whatsoever. Those are just some improvements that would make things a lot more balanced.

Archived