We need to do something about Vote Kicking.

11 hours ago, The Curator said:

Klei is too busy not porting the Rose Collection, not reopening their store, not fixing Willow and not releasing Winona to deal with such a petty issue as their game being one of the most exploitable and toxic seen here.

I don't care if they don't port the Rose collection, if the store is closed it's their choice (they're not selling stuff after all), and i don't know what should be fixed with Willow. But especially, i don't see why they should be blamed about not releasing Winona since they NEVER promised anything about her.

But i hope one day they'll find a better solution for vote. And maybe why not hosting a world without some votes options to see if it's better for some people.

I for one pleaded that Klei change this, the only way i can get friends in dst are basically their server, and the voter kinda ruin it.

It isn't newbie friendly either if player had to go to certain group, new player don't want that, they just don't. I mean, have any of you went to other server than Klei when you're new to this? I don't. I saw Klei Dedicated Server and i went to it because it wasn't so heavily modded or changed.

Just change the vote settings, like many people in the forum suggested, is it really that hard?

43 minutes ago, DarithD said:

I for one pleaded that Klei change this, the only way i can get friends in dst are basically their server, and the voter kinda ruin it.

It isn't newbie friendly either if player had to go to certain group, new player don't want that, they just don't. I mean, have any of you went to other server than Klei when you're new to this? I don't. I saw Klei Dedicated Server and i went to it because it wasn't so heavily modded or changed.

Just change the vote settings, like many people in the forum suggested, is it really that hard?

Yes!

There are plenty of vanilla servers out there. When I first started playing, I would only search for dedicated servers without mods & most of the ones I joined  weren't even klei servers. Klei servers are too small IMO & its always better to be part of a big community.

You'll meet lots of friends there.

19 hours ago, The Curator said:

Honestly the forum community should start their own Steam group, and whatever members that can afford it can donate the cash so the group could cumulatively pay to rent a server or two that can be moderated by elected admins. Or something, anything other then having to rely on random brand-name Steam groups or the Officially Terrible servers.

Let's do it! Who wants to set it up, I'm fine with doing so, but I'm not that good @ naming things so you probably don't want me too. I'm going to post a set up thread in the Server bulletin category. I started the thread over here.

forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/77777-starting-forum-based-steam-group/

3 hours ago, ThemInspectors said:

Let's do it! Who wants to set it up, I'm fine with doing so, but I'm not that good @ naming things so you probably don't want me too. I'm going to post a set up thread in the Server bulletin category. I started the thread over here.

forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/77777-starting-forum-based-steam-group/

8 minutes ago, Botaxalim said:

Newly joined player cant vote atlest 10 or 20 days.would be better only the oldest player in server can vote, and add limit for how many they can start vote

Its simple solution win win

15 days might work too,

"[Game Update] - (Hotfix) 214001

19 April

• Vote window will now show the name of the player that initiated the vote request.
  • Votes can only be initiated by Players who have survived a minimum of 20 days, or the oldest Player if nobody meets that requirement.
  • Vote kicks will still be carried out even if the target client is no longer online by the end of the vote."

Well at least this part was covered. *thumbs up*

45 minutes ago, Silens said:

The update makes me so happy. Was kicked yesterday on day 50th with krampus sack by players joining in because i refused to give my eyebrella . i was on WX. 

beep those guys now haha.

Were you the one that killed Deer? Or, if you all killed it/in a group, you should know that playing the robot doesn't automatically equal "I should always get the eye" - I believe that's what dice-roll is for: to objectively and RNGish establish a receiver of group-obtained items.

Anyway good thing Klei solved (how much only future will tell) the vote-kick madness, at least in the case of day-1 troll parties. Now something needs to be done about griefers that place spider eggs in gate - there should be a radius from spawn in which eggs cannot be placed so that new players that log-in at night not be insta-killed by spiders. Same with tentacles - not being able to spawn them in a certain radius around spawn gate would be fair as well.

45 minutes ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

Were you the one that killed Deer? Or, if you all killed it/in a group, you should know that playing the robot doesn't automatically equal "I should always get the eye" - I believe that's what dice-roll is for: to objectively and RNGish establish a receiver of group-obtained items.

He said, by players joigning. Since in most game end of winter is day 30 and players joined and kicked him around 50 because he refused to gave them umbrella, i think that they didn't took part to the kill of deer.

People here for the kill of the deer would have been able to kick him even with the new rule (since 20+ days in the server) anyway.

1 hour ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

We were 3 people who killed deerclops. I didnt get the eye from clops lost in dice roll. Won krampus sack from Klaus and guy who won eye from klaus gifted me the eyebrella when he left. :)

Ofc being Wx doesnt mean i should get the eye xd

Edit : I did give them umbrellas as i was near portal fishing yet this happened xd

Archived