Late game uses for Flint?

Slightly over the 100 day mark and I'm slowly but surely building up massive stacks of Flint as I mine more rock to build with. Even though I'm playing as Wigfrid, I can't seem to use it for anything. Should I just start feeding it to my Eyeplant?

I usually make tools of them. I don't want to waste any gold (even if I have chests full of it), and also it's the only use of the flints, so I just use them... crafting a few more tools (compared to golden ones) doesn't really make a difference for me. 

Oo man, since I discovered that you could transform eggs in gold with PK. For the times you end up killing so much spiders and hounds that you come back home with a few stacks of monster meat. Gold is so easy to get that I only use luxurious tools now. 

Other than that, I too dont really know what to do with flints ; feeding them to slurtles is a good idea.. Or the lureplant. Although You could hide some stacks in a moleworm hole instead of the lureplant. 

1 hour ago, disies said:

feed it to snurtles and slurtles

That's actually a really good idea. The slime seems more useful then the flint, especially if you have an abundant amount of gold. Poor-man's-gunpowder, farming gems and rocks from earthquakes, and it even works as a fuel for mining hats and lanterns (not as good as lightbulbs, but the slime won't spoil). I need to start doing this myself.

18 minutes ago, TheKingDedede said:

You could use spare pieces of Flint like decorations. Place them on the sides of man-made roads and whatnot.

This doesn't work very well because of moles.

Unless you remember to sew stuff on time, you need some flint every so often for new thermal stones. Baiting moleworms, feeding rockies, slurtles, even decoration - all valid ideas. That said, when adventuring (and I move around a lot), flint stacks up more than gold, so it's handy for tools you craft on the go. If it's that plentiful, you can even abandon them jater when on low durability (except for 3% pickaxes, thesr are for thermal stones!).

2 hours ago, Astroknot said:

I thought that slime gave the same amount of fuel as light bulbs, or am I just remembering wrong?

Slime gave half fuel duration as light bulbs. (19.2% per light bulb and 9.6% per slime)

Archived