Bad community

This... This topic is precisely the reason why private bases and a trading systems for this game is a bullcrap concept for public servers.

EDIT: while I still stand by my point, I apologise for not getting through the thread itself to see what exactly was going on. I was expecting to see people generally speaking about how "you shouldn't intrude private bases!1!!1" and whatnot, but was wrong.

7 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

This... This topic is precisely the reason why private bases and a trading systems for this game is a bullcrap concept for public servers.

Nah, mate, it really isn't, I don't think somebody read through the thread :wilson_sneaky:

7 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

?? Where is anyone told that when they play this game they are obligated to share their things and all of their hard work with everyone? Its because of people like OP that such a system exists in the first place.

2 minutes ago, ItsPizzaTime said:

?? Where is anyone told that when they play this game they are obligated to share their things and all of their hard work with everyone? Its because of people like OP that such a system exists in the first place.

Don't feed him, he's bringing over his drama from another thread into this one unnecessarily, without bothering to skim through the single page of replies.

1 minute ago, Ressayez said:

Don't feed him, he's bringing over his drama from another thread into this one unnecessarily, without bothering to skim through the single page of replies.

Dang if this is true then that is sad considering the amount of effort they normally put into their posts; You'd think that they would take the time to read everything before commenting, but regardless of whether they know that OP is a morally good or bad person I still don't see why their reasoning is logical.

Just now, ItsPizzaTime said:

Dang if this is true then that is sad considering the amount of effort they normally put into their posts; You'd think that they would take the time to read everything before commenting, but regardless of whether they know that OP is a morally good or bad person I still don't see why their reasoning is logical.

It doesn't make sense because it's unrelated and a

straw-man3.jpg

I've never witnessed racism or xenophobia in any game I've been to, fortunately.
What I did witness more times than my fingers, toes, back and nose hairs can count, is trolling and griefing. So based on my personal statistics, I'd say this is a case of either a magnificent trolling troll, trolling so hard that the he has was trolled out of his trolling by trolls. Or perhaps just a trolling troll being de-trolled out of his misery.

There we go. You owe me a beer, my dear Watson.

Case closed.

</thread>

@ItsPizzaTime and @Ressayez thanks for pointing this out, I read through now and see that this might be about more than just about what I thought it was about. Have griefers tried to pretend to be victims through the use of forums before? I can recall only one topic, although I would argue in that one, they really were the victim.

20 hours ago, Scoobie101 said:

Drama of this thread aside, I'd like to think that we're pretty freakin' awesome.

(Also, hi it totally hasn't been MONTHS since I posted on the Klei Forums)

The people of the Klei forums sure are "pretty freakin' awesome."

In-game, considering the fairly large player base, you're bound to run into a variety of players. You'll be banned on sight with some, because unfortunately someone didn't set their server to "friends only," you'll meet long-term friends, standoffish folk, people in the middle of "tests" (spawning in one thousand Deerclops' just for the sake of it), and yes, you'll run into the occasional troll or griefer looking to wreck havoc on a dedicated server.

I've had some pretty nasty experiences myself with DST, one such experience recounted in a now deleted thread when a member of these very forums told me to eat lead, however, I still wouldn't decry the DST community and its player base as being a toxic or even subpar, competitive FPS games definitely take the cake.

23 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

@ItsPizzaTime and @Ressayez thanks for pointing this out, I read through now and see that this might be about more than just about what I thought it was about. Have griefers tried to pretend to be victims through the use of forums before? I can recall only one topic, although I would argue in that one, they really were the victim.

Thank you for the self-criticism.

12 minutes ago, artemiyME said:

what a roller-coaster this was. 

It would be even better if I was able to pull up backup chat logs from server, but seems like someone broke em.... cough...Klei...cough.

I second this. IT'd be nice for roleplayers and people who can report stoof.

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

I second this. IT'd be nice for roleplayers and people who can report stoof.

It is doable to create a backup of logs with ascending names. I just use a system tool as Klei does not offer any services like that as of yet.

Just now, minespatch said:

I know, right? :wilson_sneaky: Well, we found out this twerp was a camp criminal, so there's that.

My point was more, when people get to this conclusions based on what happen, no wonder people nowadays also get instantly offended on stereotypes jokes. It's like everyone is walking around in a Bubble Wrap.

Archived