[Game Update] - (BETA) 208516

• Developer
  • The Big Tentacle will no longer respawn immediately after jumping through to the other side of a Big Slimy Pit.
  • Ancient Pseudoscience Stations that have been destroyed will now be restored during ruins regeneration (currently only triggered by running c_resetruins()).
  • Fixed bug where Lanterns picked up by the mouse cursor did not turn off when another item was equipped onto the hand slot.
  • Fixed bug where some caged Birds never fall asleep.
  • Fixed hair animation layering bug when mounted with a heavy object.

View full update

• Like 20

that lantern thing wasnt a bug it was so that you can have light while you set it down

there are just some gems and quirks to the game that just shouldnt change that gives advanced techniques for players to learn  without higher skill caps on things players will just stagnate

Edited by EsaiXD
  • Like 8

45 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • Fixed bug where Lanterns picked up by the mouse cursor did not turn off when another item was equipped onto the hand slot.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

19 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

that lantern thing wasnt a bug it was so that you can have light while you set it down

This part isn't a bug and it stays the way it is, but it had a way to use the lantern + a tool/weapon at the same time.

Edited by MatheusR31
better explanation for the fix
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, MatheusR31 said:

This part wasn't a bug, but it had a way to use the lantern + a tool/weapon at the same time

no it was just a technique higher level players could use not everything is a bug

Edited by EsaiXD
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

no it was just a technique higher level players could use not everything is a bug

If it was the way it was intended to be they wouldn't fix it and they would do/say something to explain better the mechanic like, for example, doing a second hand slot for lanterns.

Edited by MatheusR31
added a "and" for better context
  • Like 10

There's some kind of bugs also;
Game shut downs when we leave server and every rollbacks crash game.
Thanks.

There's another bug that i call "Bearger"; it spawn, attacked one time and server crash and we keep turnin back to day 71. It happened 4 times.

Edited by seyfitoplar

(laughs)  Now THAT is a BUG!  Poor lavae, falling right in the ocean...  I also kept being distracted by the fact that the Dragonfly's lair and the new style cactus were uninterruptedly in the same desert, so I was like, "Oh, (BLEEP), I wouldn't want to be these people come summer...!"  And then after a while, it seriously looks like the goats came over to WATCH!  XD

That flaming tumbleweed totally stole the show, though.

...Notorious

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yisishoujo said:

Now patch this

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av8871179/

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av8834588/

players get to the sea by placing a wardrobe/meat bulb/spider egg. (also possible sometimes by using a lazy explorer.)

And this:

hound/depth worm attack can be avoided just by standing by the edge.

Seriously, shouldn't we keep it as a secret or skill?

Your friend 松子.

Edited by Szzz

2 hours ago, MatheusR31 said:

If it was the way it was intended to be they wouldn't fix it and they would do/say something to explain better the mechanic like, for example, doing a second hand slot for lanterns.

you think game developers think of every single thing that happens within their game a lot of the time core mechanics within a game are just oversights discovered by the people who love their game... 1 example i can think of is smash melee with all of the crazy tech that is within(and all the new tech that is found even 12 years later),  but then again these changes happen cause some people post these strange interactions within the games as bugs and then they get written off as such..

just remember this if something gets too ridged it will eventually break

Edited by EsaiXD

12 minutes ago, CutChemist said:

Rip night birds

And here I thought my birds were staying awake permanently because I traumatized them so much after waking them in the middle of the night, stuffing a funnel down their throat and forcing them to eject multiple dozens of eggs directly into my pockets. Good to know this doesn't give my birds PTSD and in turn insomnia.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

you think game developers think of every single thing that happens within their game a lot of the time core mechanics within a game are just oversights discovered by the people who love their game... 1 example i can think of is smash melee with all of the crazy tech that is within,  but then again these changes happen cause some people post these strange interactions within the games as bugs and then they get written off as such..

I think I understand why you don't think this is a bug, but I just can't change my mind on this subject because of two factors:

1. I believe that the light the lanterns give when you click on it, after you equipped it, is to help you choose a adequate spot to drop it instead of deseperately clicking somewhere in the dark with the risk of clicking on something (like a tree, rock, player, etc) in the hopes of dropping it.

2. If the lantern + tool thing was supposed to happen you should be able to light the lantern simply by clicking on it and keeping it on the mouse cursor (even with something like a axe equipped before), instead of having to equip it first and then clicking on it to keep it lit when it is on the mouse cursor.

I would be happy if you could explain to me why you think it isn't a bug, also, I'll sleep now so if you want to keep this discussion going you'll have to wait a little, sorry for that.

Edited by MatheusR31
It's hard to write stuff and make sure you are giving the right message
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MatheusR31 said:

If the lantern + tool thing was supposed to happen you should be able to light the lantern simply by clicking on it and keeping it on the mouse cursor (even with something like a axe equipped before), instead of having to equip it first and then clicking on it to keep it lit when it is on the mouse cursor.

Hell you can still do this trick in standard dont starve though its not as effective in that you cant pick up items or perform actions with the item in hand such as mining or chopping but that was just restrictions on standard don't starve's interface. DST was basically built from the ground up not really associated with the single player game hence why there is so much difference mechanically. I just don't see why you have to report on such small things that don't affect gameplay at all when there are game breaking bugs that can be addressed *cough* klaus deer spawning on ocean leading to enraged klaus *cough*.  Being a veteran starver seeing some of these tactics taken away does hurt a lot of people and I don't know if the devs know this maybe cause we dont voice our thoughts on these changes enough.  What I can really say is if it doesn't hurt the game to where it makes it unplayable it should stay in as that just adds variety and quirks to play styles that people wouldn't think possible. Hence my reference to melee  16 years ago they came out with that game and still to today there are new things being found out that a normal player never knew were possible thus changing the way the game can be played amongst all forms of players being newbies casuals or veterans.  This can pretty much lengthen the life of their game  a lot more than expected.

so im just saying things so small such as this shouldn't have to be "fixed" as they don't break game play and fall within the realms of the world  @V2C  and well to all the other devs of this game.  We love this game  but maybe have some thought or view on how these can affect how the game is played b4 slapping a hot fix on it

Edited by EsaiXD
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Ancient Pseudoscience Stations that have been destroyed will now be restored during ruins regeneration (currently only triggered by running c_resetruins()).

@V2C wow, a feature I suggested was actually implemented :o who would've thought! Also, I'll be a good boy and as a thank you report this niche bug that was recently discovered:

* Hounds and depth worms during their attacks won't spawn at all if the player is standing near an edge of the world.

Oh and another bug that has been RECENTLY occurring:

* ...pengulls don't respawn after a few winters, goddamit >:(

Edited by EuedeAdodooedoe
  • Like 2

Boundary/world gen/clipping is much more complex to fix compared to these. I'm pretty sure they're aware that it comes up every now and then but they don't want to risk messing with something that will affect so many other interactions.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, seyfitoplar said:

There's another bug that i call "Bearger"; it spawn, attacked one time and server crash and we keep turnin back to day 71. It happened 4 times.

You're stuck in a loop! Try performing different actions every time to see their outcomes, there must be some way to escape this time and space anomaly.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, EsaiXD said:

I just don't see why you have to report on such small things that don't affect gameplay at all when there are game breaking bugs that can be addressed *cough* klaus deer spawning on ocean leading to enraged klaus *cough*.

Those kind of bugs are also reported all the time, but seems that Klei prioritizes the smaller ones first.

6 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Oh and another bug that has been RECENTLY occurring:

* ...pengulls don't respawn after a few winters, goddamit >:(

This has been a bug for about two years and I have never seen they mention they would try to fix this.