DS Art Thread for a New Year's Resolution

13 hours ago, minespatch said:

Everyone's idea for Hallowed Nights Maxwell seems to lean towards referencing Castlevania's Alucard. Love the lighting and texture on the moon. How'd you get the look for the moon done by the way?

Hah, that's great! I used Alucard and Dracula from Castlevania too. Dracula is dapper as all get out.

I used several giant high resolution grungy brushes as stamps on a plain circle base on a multiply and overlay layers at whatever opacity I thought looked best. Then I used the distortion filter spherize on them. Then I used an overlay layer light radial gradient on top of it.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 9:50 PM, ImpactedTooth said:

A pen doodle from a while back when someone mentioned Willow having a Litten. I never posted it.

3NUDycs.jpg

This takes me back to @Storm137's crossover fic.The Reserve incase you wanna read it.

On 10/25/2018 at 9:50 PM, ImpactedTooth said:

Shippy doodles to make myself feel better.

I'm guilty of thinking of onions as well ^^; but atleast he feels better when Maxwell comes up and comforts him. It's really cute ^_^

• Thanks 1

Here are some verb doodles from a couple of weeks ago. Search was frustrating the heck out of me so That's probably why I dropped it and forgot.

LOMoP2a.png

Here is a living tree root speed sculpt. I wanted to try and make a glass like material in zbrush.

qL2O5SC.png

I wanted to draw a bunch of candy so I made this.

rxN9AAS.png

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

If I was to draw "search", I would've involved the cartography table. Letting Maxwell search for a piece of land on a map.

The snarl one looks like a reaction to the sell drawing. With the catcoon reacting to the foodseller.

The tree-vial in game is adorable, so you translated it just as adorable.

This could also work with Wickerbottom in Wilson's place but looks like Maxwell wants to be treated as the candy king.:wilson_ecstatic:

• Thanks 1

Spoiler
23 hours ago, ImpactedTooth said:

I'm worried about this thread getting archived so I'm dumping some abandoned things.

1VaYQtr.jpg

q56TUHi.jpg

JYCGZ9B.jpg

How beautiful it looks. Oh, Holy Charlie, I love sketches. Would be more of these unfinished drawings. 

7 hours ago, ImpactedTooth said:

That one was a projection of my own disdain for everything this holiday season. So not directed at anyone just the holiday itself.

Hmmm...:wilson_curious:

Edited by Russian Philin
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Russian Philin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

How beautiful it looks. Oh, Holy Charlie, I love sketches. Would be more of these unfinished drawings.

Thank you very much! I have an unfortunate amount of them. I'll try to post more of them this year instead of letting them rot away forever.

5 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

I like Christmas in theory, but yeah... kinda agree with you here.

I'm glad I'm not alone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/31/2018 at 10:16 PM, ImpactedTooth said:

1VaYQtr.jpg

Wilson trying to clip off more than he can chew? >u>

q56TUHi.jpg

Aw they're dressing up the kittycoon ^_^

JYCGZ9B.jpg

Sorry you feel like way. Maxwell would make a good Scrooge/Grinch though XD

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2019 at 10:06 PM, minespatch said:

I have several questions, but I suppose the thing that's distracting me most is Wilson pulling Max's tooth out.

My idea behind it was; What if there was a super science enclave of Wilsons who had never seen a non-all powerful Maxwell before. One who was injured and possibly not quite all right in his mind. Leading them to capture and do some inhumane experiments to him since they can't agree if he really is that big jerk or if he is human at all since he seems unable to communicate as far as they are concerned. "Giants don't just shrink! And what is with those teeth?" Lucky for Maxwell he's got a fellow feral pal coming in to break him out of this experiment.

I should have put way more beakers and science things in the foreground/background per my original idea to better convey this. There was a lightning rod attached to the cage at one point but I thought it was a bit too cruel.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Aw that's cute. Is the affectionate Wilson slowly freezing him? ^^;

It's based on the fable of "Jack Frost nipping on your nose". It's in the song "Chestnuts burning on a open fire".

What's the problem, looks fine with me. I find the bearger napping in the back adorable.

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much!

I just like to get some final feedback from him before I post. To tell me if the idea is clear or In case I overlooked something, or if there is something I can do to make it better. For this one the perspective was giving me trouble, and he told me so when I showed him the line art. So I wanted his opinion on whether I fixed it or not.

• Like 1