DS Art Thread for a New Year's Resolution

Hello, I am ImpactedTooth and this is my art thread. Sharing my art has always made me nervous as heck and so for my new year's resolution I am going to try to overcome that. I like to do 2D and 3D art. Here is an adventure mode Maxwell I did 2 years ago in Zbrush.

dYQZH5T.png

This is a low poly hound I rigged and animated last year.

Kind of stiff now that I look at it again.

I have tons of doodles and unfinished 2D stuff so I'm not sure where or if to start with those. But these are my oldest to newest avatars I've made starting in 2013 and ending at 2016.

7BbqpaV.pngroL5UwY.pngXBytskX.png

zCn5HzH.png

t7coW0g.png

sN2ixpd.png

I want to try and complete something and add it to this thread every other week or so. Constructive criticism would be very welcome!

• Like 22
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ImpactedTooth said:

I have tons of doodles and unfinished 2D stuff so I'm not sure where or if to start with those,.

Well, post what you feel you should post. Nice to see your work again.

The animation looks good but if you do more 3D animations, those will be fun to look at.

Boy, my head jerked back at that enraged MAxwell. :wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 1

On 1/4/2017 at 4:50 PM, minespatch said:

Well, post what you feel you should post. Nice to see your work again.

The animation looks good but if you do more 3D animations, those will be fun to look at.

Boy, my head jerked back at that enraged MAxwell. :wilson_ecstatic:

Thank you! I think I'll stick to new things then.:wilson_dorky: I haven't thought about doing anymore animation, but I should so I can remember how and practice it too. I'm glad he could elicit that type of response!

On 1/5/2017 at 4:04 AM, DragonMage156 said:

Same here XD he must have done a good job then ;)

The hound animation is a good start but I think the tail could look better.

Thanks! I agree, not enough variation in the way it sways and there isn't much of a whip-like effect.

Here is a frog I just finished. I love hate those cuties.

KrnEGbi.png

With this I wanted to practice pushing values. My prof. said doing things in black and white could help. I think I still have a way to go, but I want to move on to something else.

• Like 13
  • GL Happy 1

I'm impressed with the scope of the landscape. Little confused by the shapes on the toad's stomach since they don't seem as organic as the rest of the piece but it works either way.

Yeah, with my paintings, my teacher told me to start with monochrome paints before coloring over.

On 1/6/2017 at 11:20 PM, minespatch said:

I'm impressed with the scope of the landscape. Little confused by the shapes on the toad's stomach since they don't seem as organic as the rest of the piece but it works either way.

Thank you! Yeah, I must have forgot to go back and give those spots some attention. I remember putting them down so I would remember they are there, whoops!

On 1/7/2017 at 3:42 PM, DragonMage156 said:

That's a painting? Wow 0.0

It's digital. I haven't done much physical painting.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2017 at 2:18 AM, DragonMage156 said:

Who has? It's too hard to hand paint anything good nowadays. Unless you've been doing it your whole life, it's just gonna look like a 5 years old's (well atleast mine do XD )

Haha, mine do too. Anything physical seems much harder since there is no ctrl+z. For me I have to pause whenever I mess up a physical work since my brain is trying to ctrl+z.

Here is a speed sculpt of a Batilisk I did today in ZBrush. I spent a little under 2 hours on it.

eAS36sn.png

• Like 10

20 hours ago, minespatch said:

Kind of looks like a good digital prototype if you were planning on doing a clay sculpture of a batilisk. Impressive with how fast you worked on it.

16 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Less than two hours... and you got that result! 0_0

Teach me!

Thanks! It just takes practice and learning the keyboard shortcuts.

• Like 2