Wigfrid is considered OP? Why..!?

Judging from the looks of this thread, the fire is dying out and I might as well just extinguish it with some ice.

Honestly at the beginning of this thread Wigfrid had the abilities to me of a weaker Wolfgang and an automatic armour dispenser, however that isn't true at all. From many discussions, opinions I can happily agree that Wigfrid is useful to the team whilst being substantially weaker than Wolfgang at combat, she still manages out beat him Exporation-wise also providing considerable cheap armour. 

Although Wolfgang is the strongest anime character in the game, being strong at combat is his only strength. 

The downside is Wolfgang doesn't have a viable option of exploring efficiently in contrast to other characters,

But it's Don't Starve Together and who needs to explore as Wolfgang when you have some trustworthy friends!

There are other characters more suitable for exploration than Wolfgang, or even Wigfrid.

Plus why should Wolfgang and Wigfrid compete? The game is based around PvE and not PvP anyways!

love_and_meat_by_seanica-d8ngypm.jpg

still a better love story than twilight

@FTR In response to your Day 1 Wigfrid Deerclops kill, I present to you the same but with Wolfgang. Yes, I know it takes 7 minutes because Wolfgang has no starting gear, but the video is not meant to prove anything and I just thought it was fun to do. Though, it does prove that Deerclops is still the easiest boss ever.

----------

But yes, you seem to be right and I am in agreement with you, it's just a matter of playstyle. If you want to be efficient with your food, then Wigfrid is there to consume less. If you want to maximize your fighting potential, then Wolfgang is there as the most powerful combat character. I'm still going to continue playing as Wolfgang, though, as I feel that I am limiting myself when I play Wigfrid.

Oh, and mate, in your videos, I noticed that you're hugging the Deerclops as you fight. That causes you to lose considerably a larger portion of your sanity, you can still hit the Deerclops without having to stand directly underneath him.

On 24.12.2016 at 10:27 PM, AlbertDelRiver said:
On 24.12.2016 at 9:37 PM, FTR said:

And as I said before, I compare both of them at their best and I still think Wigfrid comes out on top. Combat? Wolfgang is better. Efficiency? Wigfrid is far on top.

You basically admitted with that sentence Wolfgang is the best at combat.

Alright folks, you can all go home! 

Show is over! Don't forget your personal belongings and pleated shirts

I never said Wigfrid is best at combat. What I think is that Wigfrid is the best character overall, when you sum up all her pros and cons compared to pros and cons of any other characater in the game. Combat in DST it's just part of it, therefore character thats 100% combat oriented but has nothing else going for him and bad downside, won't be more useful than character like Wigfrid.

23 hours ago, AlbertDelRiver said:

Judging from the looks of this thread, the fire is dying out and I might as well just extinguish it with some ice.

Honestly at the beginning of this thread Wigfrid had the abilities to me of a weaker Wolfgang and an automatic armour dispenser, however that isn't true at all. From many discussions, opinions I can happily agree that Wigfrid is useful to the team whilst being substantially weaker than Wolfgang at combat, she still manages out beat him Exporation-wise also providing considerable cheap armour. 

Although Wolfgang is the strongest anime character in the game, being strong at combat is his only strength. 

The downside is Wolfgang doesn't have a viable option of exploring efficiently in contrast to other characters,

But it's Don't Starve Together and who needs to explore as Wolfgang when you have some trustworthy friends!

There are other characters more suitable for exploration than Wolfgang, or even Wigfrid.

Plus why should Wolfgang and Wigfrid compete? The game is based around PvE and not PvP anyways!

Pretty much what I think. Wolfgang is the best at combat, which sadly does not make him the best and useful character overall, maybe unless really specific circumstances like perfect world, in which Wolfgang has experienced companions that build base for you and he can fully, 100% focus on hunting and exploring.

Because of Wigfrids relaibility and flexibility, shes more useful in more circumstances. She does not have to rely on anyone to do things for her, she can provide good stuff for others, she can effectively kill anything, heal her sanity and health passively without any items required.

Shes good on her own, shes good with good and experienced teammates, shes good on public servers, shes good with bad teammates, there is no scenarios I can think of that could marginalize Wigfrids capabilities or make her less than optimal when it comes to efficiency, and there is plenty for Wolfgang.

Also another aspect which is very subjective is that you should to be very dynamic as Wolfgang nonstop, standing still even for minute makes me feel like I am so ineffective, sometimes you just want to chill out, like when there is nothing to do when fridge is full, bosses are dead and you have plenty of everything you need.. or when you have to pee.

9 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

@FTR In response to your Day 1 Wigfrid Deerclops kill, I present to you the same but with Wolfgang. Yes, I know it takes 7 minutes because Wolfgang has no starting gear, but the video is not meant to prove anything and I just thought it was fun to do. Though, it does prove that Deerclops is still the easiest boss ever.

But yes, you seem to be right and I am in agreement with you, it's just a matter of playstyle. If you want to be efficient with your food, then Wigfrid is there to consume less. If you want to maximize your fighting potential, then Wolfgang is there as the most powerful combat character. I'm still going to continue playing as Wolfgang, though, as I feel that I am limiting myself when I play Wigfrid.

Oh, and mate, in your videos, I noticed that you're hugging the Deerclops as you fight. That causes you to lose considerably a larger portion of your sanity, you can still hit the Deerclops without having to stand directly underneath him.

Well yes, of course I just wanted to take into account all pros and cons of both characters like tankiness, damage, lifesteal, sanity drain. When you kite there is more variables going on and even one screw up as one character or the other will mess up the entire comparison. Plus I didn't want to deal with shadow monsters while fighting Deerclops.

1 hour ago, FTR said:

I never said Wigfrid is best at combat. What I think is that Wigfrid is the best character overall, when you sum up all her pros and cons compared to pros and cons of any other characater in the game. Combat in DST it's just part of it, therefore character thats 100% combat oriented but has nothing else going for him and bad downside, won't be more useful than character like Wigfrid.

Her pros shine in the early to mid-game but late game they start to rust...

F88EC950F010743C9B159DDE63C86E0B8085267F      infinite dragon pies ftw

Pretty much what I think. Wolfgang is the best at combat, which sadly does not make him the best and useful character overall, maybe unless really specific circumstances like perfect world, in which Wolfgang has experienced companions that build base for you and he can fully, 100% focus on hunting and exploring.

Which is why when playing with friends when they acknowledge that I'm Wolfgang, they automatically recap the thought that they can all now focus on exploration, instead of focusing on combat so much. Honestly these "really" specific circumstances only happen to you.

(seriously though, don't ever play in a public server, the world eventually resets to new players and the griefing there is out of control, add me if you want to play)

On December 25, 2016 at 8:48 PM, FTR said:

In my mind, you just said gang is better than a battle warrior in combat but the battle warrior is better than gang overall because DST isn't 100% combat. Even though all of the battle warrior's pros are combat related. I mean even if gang pros are only combat related too, he should be better overall since he beats her in her own game.

agrument aside, this is how u can be seen as trolling.

also i see gang as more time efficient, rather than being hunger efficient like wigfrid.

On 26.12.2016 at 4:47 AM, AlbertDelRiver said:

Which is why when playing with friends when they acknowledge that I'm Wolfgang, they automatically recap the thought that they can all now focus on exploration, instead of focusing on combat so much. Honestly these "really" specific circumstances only happen to you.

Possibly. I try to avoid playing with good players because game is becoming too easy pretty quickly. Solo playthrough is ironically most fun to me when it's about wanting challenge. Playing with others is mostly just for pure fun. But then again, this is very subjective therefore irrelevant to this discussion.

Dragonpie is completly negligible, plenty of better foods.

3 hours ago, Begeesy said:

In my mind, you just said gang is better than a battle warrior in combat but the battle warrior is better than gang overall because DST isn't 100% combat. Even though all of the battle warrior's pros are combat related. I mean even if gang pros are only combat related too, he should be better overall since he beats her in her own game.

agrument aside, this is how u can be seen as trolling.

also i see gang as more time efficient, rather than being hunger efficient like wigfrid.

He doesn't really, her sustain and tankiness allows her to be way more reliable while her armors still make her incredibly useful to entire team, especially after you run out of easy early game pig skins, so you won't have to waste time to farm them for everyone. That applies to bad to average players. Very experienced players won't rely on non renewable resource source, but when you play with very experienced players you may as well choose Wes. :p

I fail to see how this can be trolling. I already explained multiple times why Wigfrid is more efficient (even my lifesteal video already fully proves it, and that's just about one of her perks) and if you didn't understand it yet, I don't know how else can I explain it. Take Wolfgang into same scenario (starting with 1 health, 0 sanity and 4 meats) and show me how much resources will you will have left after 4 minutes, if you survive with one health. Oh you will probably need some healing.. bollocks.

4 hours ago, FTR said:

He doesn't really

Are you changing your mind about who's better in combat or talking about overall? You can't say that she's better overall if you give me only combat reasons like "tankiness and reliable armors" (sustain=tankiness).

4 hours ago, FTR said:

non renewable

Saying pigskin is non renewable is bad of a sin as saying gold isn't. As gold is most reliably renewed by pig king by giving meats such as pigskin. Pig skin is literally a animal drop so all meat is "non renewable" if pigskin isn't. We might have different definitions of the word, I define renewable as: any item in a space limited world that you can get infinity of, given infinite time without using green gems. So the only thing that gold got on pigskin is you can mass produce it INITIALLY. Even though I get the same effect with pigskin by hammering houses.

You could always go for wood armor if pigskin is a problem. You could easily just swap your book bag back and forth when in combat since most fights are initiated by the player.

4 hours ago, FTR said:

I fail to see how this can be trolling. I already explained multiple times why Wigfrid is more efficient (even my lifesteal video already fully proves it, and that's just about one of her perks) and if you didn't understand it yet, I don't know how else can I explain it. Take Wolfgang into same scenario (starting with 1 health, 0 sanity and 4 meats) and show me how much resources will you will have left after 4 minutes, if you survive with one health. Oh you will probably need some healing.. bollocks.

"Here's a specific situation that she excels in therefore, shes best in all situations." . In day one, you won't find 4 tier 3's laying right next to each other. That's like me saying gang can gain so much healing and sanity after finding a blue mushroom ring. Anyways, gang isn't forced to fight mobs like wigfrid is so even in that situation, he could kill butterflies or any other non-meat healing.

To me, that video was almost pathetic as the deerclops one. All the deerclops one did was show us that wigrid have a great initial, which we all know. The fact that you're shoving that she does up our throats shows that's her main great perk. A pretty weak perk to me.

I will keep going with this but Im almost certain that it'll not end on agreement. I can't leave when i don't have the last say because people might ACTUALLY think wigfrid is better after reading this, meta is meta.

3 hours ago, Begeesy said:

Are you changing your mind about who's better in combat or talking about overall? You can't say that she's better overall if you give me only combat reasons like "tankiness and reliable armors" (sustain=tankiness).

No, Wolfgang is better at combat, Wigfrid is way better character overall. I already pointed out cons and pros of both character multiple times in this thread, no need to repeat myself. If you wanna know why I think Wigfrid is better than Wolfgang read my previous explanations.

Saying pigskin is non renewable is bad of a sin as saying gold isn't. As gold is most reliably renewed by pig king by giving meats such as pigskin. Pig skin is literally a animal drop so all meat is "non renewable" if pigskin isn't. We might have different definitions of the word, I define renewable as: any item in a space limited world that you can get infinity of, given infinite time without using green gems. So the only thing that gold got on pigskin is you can mass produce it INITIALLY. Even though I get the same effect with pigskin by hammering houses.

Where did I say pig skin is non-renewable.. ? I am either really bad at writing or you are really bad at reading.

"Here's a specific situation that she excels in therefore, shes best in all situations." . In day one, you won't find 4 tier 3's laying right next to each other. That's like me saying gang can gain so much healing and sanity after finding a blue mushroom ring. Anyways, gang isn't forced to fight mobs like wigfrid is so even in that situation, he could kill butterflies or any other non-meat healing.

The point of this video was to prove how easily can she heal herself. You don't have to punch spiders, you can punch whatever you want. You don't have to do it non-stop for 4 minutes, you can whenever you want. This example was to show that her lifesteal quickly adds up so overall you will gain LOTS of sanity and hitpoints for free, over the course of the entire game, since some people do not seem to realize it.

Meanwhile Wolfgang only loses his stats, especially Sanity and has to recover them with items or other time wasting actions.

I see butterflies being brought up all the time in this thread. Are there only Autumn players here or something? Or you just ignore fact that for 1/4 of the game (possibly more) there are no butterflies around (and berries/carrots regrowth)?

You could always go for wood armor if pigskin is a problem. You could easily just swap your book bag back and forth when in combat since most fights are initiated by the player.

You can also drive Chrysler if you can't afford Porchse. Too bad Chrysler is way worse. So I don't really see any logic in that argument.

There is multiple reasons of why you shouldn't take off your backpack and/or why head armor is better, do you want me to point them all out?

To me, that video was almost pathetic as the deerclops one. All the deerclops one did was show us that wigrid have a great initial, which we all know. The fact that you're shoving that she does up our throats shows that's her main great perk. A pretty weak perk to me.

It was not only to show her great initial, but also compare everything stat-wise with 2nd video I made featuring Wolfgang. I was just curious what is the real differences since first video posted in this thread comparing those two was utterly bs. All her perks are amazing, Just her consistent damage (not relying on hunger at all) and 25% damage reduction with no drawback already makes her better than Wolfgang.

I will keep going with this but Im almost certain that it'll not end on agreement. I can't leave when i don't have the last say because people might ACTUALLY think wigfrid is better after reading this, meta is meta.

The entire point of me being engaged in this discussion is to prevent people from reading some really biased opinions and think that "hey, maybe Wolfgang is even better than Wigfrid and shes not op!", because that's complete lie. People thinking Wolfgang is actually better than op Wig, it's baffling to me.

Wolfgang does not even come close to Wigfrid. He will kill boss few seconds quicker than Wigfrid, and that's all he will do. The price is to pay is having extremly inefficient character as your team member for the entire game.

I actually changed my mind, I run some testing, played Wolfgang a bit doing nothing but hunting. You will still be more inefficient than Wigfrid or ANY character in the game with damage modifier 1x even doing just that. And frankly, if I would have team member that only wants to do hunting, I wouldn't be too happy about it.

You will only be noticeably better while punching high health monster, at EVERY other action you do, you will be inefficient. Even travelling, despite his movement speed, you move 25% faster but you drain hunger 300% faster, not worth it.

5 hours ago, SuperPsiPower said:

The irony is that if you equip Wolfgang with the exact same starter gear as Wigfrid, he can utilize it better. 

Well.. Obviously. Sadly that doesn't really mean much. Maxwell utilizes Wickerbottom books better than her, that doesn't mean he is better character.

5 hours ago, FTR said:

It was not only to show her great initial, but also compare everything stat-wise with 2nd video I made featuring Wolfgang. I was just curious what is the real differences since first video posted in this thread comparing those two was utterly bs. All her perks are amazing, Just her consistent damage (not relying on hunger at all) and 25% damage reduction with no drawback already makes her better than Wolfgang.

In the video, Gang actually takes less damage even considering wigfrids 4/3 health efficiency. You cheated for wigfrid because you considered his max heath as 300, this is wrong because even if he didn't get hit, his hp will still be below 300. You would have to calculate it when hes normal gang(OR not he still beats her if you assign his max hp when deerclops dies). There were other things that weren't going his way too, like dusk and starting to fight at 290 but I'll let you have that.

200(1-205/(824/3)) = 50.7 < 72  OR  824/3-205 = 69.7 < 72

5 hours ago, FTR said:

The point of this video was to prove how easily can she heal herself. You don't have to punch spiders, you can punch whatever you want. You don't have to do it non-stop for 4 minutes, you can whenever you want. This example was to show that her lifesteal quickly adds up so overall you will gain LOTS of sanity and hitpoints for free, over the course of the entire game, since some people do not seem to realize it.

You seem convinced that wigfrid is better at healing than EVERY other character due to her lifesteal which is 1 hp and sanity per 3-1 hits . This goes back into earlier in the argument. Blue cap biome and desert are guaranteed spawns in the world giving 10-20 sanity and hp per "hit"(it can be compared to a hit because they're the same frequency). Im sorry but you can't even make a specific example topping that.

5 hours ago, FTR said:

Wolfgang does not even come close to Wigfrid. He will kill boss few seconds quicker than Wigfrid, and that's all he will do. The price is to pay is having extremly inefficient character as your team member for the entire game.

Just like how combat isn't 100% of the game, hunger isn't too. Time efficiency> hunger efficiency. Time is basically overall efficiency as time is a variable in both combat and hunger.

5 hours ago, FTR said:

There is multiple reasons of why you shouldn't take off your backpack and/or why head armor is better, do you want me to point them all out?

Again you're attacking my argument like I think having gold helms is bad. My point is they're a weak perk. Being the player, you control the fight since you can manipulate the AI. You can re-equip and run anytime. It's only for early game anyway when you're having problems with pigskin.

5 hours ago, FTR said:

Where did I say pig skin is non-renewable.. ?

12 hours ago, FTR said:

Very experienced players won't rely on non renewable resource source, but when you play with very experienced players you may as well choose Wes

^explain what do you mean by this then.

Capture.PNG

6 hours ago, FTR said:

No, Wolfgang is better at combat, Wigfrid is way better character overall. I already pointed out cons and pros of both character multiple times in this thread, no need to repeat myself. If you wanna know why I think Wigfrid is better than Wolfgang read my previous explanations.

Where did I say pig skin is non-renewable.. ? I am either really bad at writing or you are really bad at reading.

Meanwhile Wolfgang only loses his stats, especially Sanity and has to recover them with items or other time wasting actions.

I see butterflies being brought up all the time in this thread. Are there only Autumn players here or something? Or you just ignore fact that for 1/4 of the game (possibly more) there are no butterflies around (and berries/carrots regrowth)?

You can also drive Chrysler if you can't afford Porchse. Too bad Chrysler is way worse. So I don't really see any logic in that argument.

The entire point of me being engaged in this discussion is to prevent people from reading some really biased opinions and think that "hey, maybe Wolfgang is even better than Wigfrid and shes not op!", because that's complete lie. People thinking Wolfgang is actually better than op Wig, it's baffling to me.

Well.. Obviously. Sadly that doesn't really mean much. Maxwell utilizes Wickerbottom books better than her, that doesn't mean he is better character.

"Well..Obviously" you don't know anything and your reasoning is terrible.

Wigfrid is only good for making helms, by late game she has nothing going for her aside from making helms for other players.

18 hours ago, Begeesy said:

this is wrong because even if he didn't get hit, his hp will still be below 300. You would have to calculate it when hes normal gang(OR not he still beats her if you assign his max hp when deerclops dies). There were other things that weren't going his way too, like dusk and starting to fight at 290 but I'll let you have that.

^explain what do you mean by this then.

You are right, I corrected the results. Wolfgang ended up with 5% more health than Wigfrid. Good job Wolfgang. Too bad it's just 5% and he is **** at everything else he does, because boss fight it's actually when Wolfgang is at his best. So Wolfgang at his best is so close to Wigfrid at her average. Of course differences will be way bigger when fighting bosses with much more health.

Wigfrid 
0/120 Sanity (0%)
128/200 Health (64%)
Battle Helm durability 0%
40 seconds

Wolfgang 
15/200 Sanity (7.5%)
187/271 Health (69%)
Battle Helm durability 31%
27 seconds

You seem convinced that wigfrid is better at healing than EVERY other character due to her lifesteal which is 1 hp and sanity per 3-1 hits . This goes back into earlier in the argument. Blue cap biome and desert are guaranteed spawns in the world giving 10-20 sanity and hp per "hit"(it can be compared to a hit because they're the same frequency). Im sorry but you can't even make a specific example topping that.

This is the kind of bs I am talking about. You seriously compare nonstop passive heal ability while punching things with HAVING TO GO all the way to the freakin desert, gathering cactus, taking few points of damage in the process, wasting hunger, sanity and time? Cooked blue caps make you lose health, not gain any. Cactus makes you lose health but you gain it back up by eating it but you still have to lose your armor durabity. Besides she is THE only character with self heal perk, so please don't be ridiculous.

At least try to understand.

Just like how combat isn't 100% of the game, hunger isn't too. Time efficiency> hunger efficiency. Time is basically overall efficiency as time is a variable in both combat and hunger.

Yeah. Now realize that you are not getting any bonus time because of time you save by killing things faster and moving 1-25% faster (yes, it's actually rarely full 25%, surprise!), because you then waste that time AND WAY MORE OF IT to restore your hunger, health and sanity. Doesn't matter if it's going and punching butterfly, picking up and cooking mushroom, going to desert biome, you waste time Wigfrid would never have to waste. And she killed weakest boss in the game just 13 seconds slower, worth it? Of course not, and that's my point.

Again you're attacking my argument like I think having gold helms is bad. My point is they're a weak perk. Being the player, you control the fight since you can manipulate the AI. You can re-equip and run anytime. It's only for early game anyway when you're having problems with pigskin.

They are still more durable than normal helmets, on top of being cheaper.

In my opinion early game is when you have most pig skin. Once you run out of non-renewable pig skin sources, you have to slain pigs/werepigs to farm them, and that's when it becomes troublesome. Not difficult but time consuming. 

Unless we have different definition of early game.

16 hours ago, SuperPsiPower said:

"Well..Obviously" you don't know anything and your reasoning is terrible.

Wigfrid is only good for making helms, by late game she has nothing going for her aside from making helms for other players.

Well obviously this is such good and well thought argument!

Late game doesn't matter, the entire game matters. From the first gathered twig to the last second of playing on the map. You really going to judge something based on late game exclusively? Sorry but that sounds incredibly stupid to me.

Wigfrid perks come into use at any point of the game even in super late game, and her effciency with health/sanity, cheap and good head armor, damage and durability comes into use all the time. Wolfgang is disgustingly inefficient, the only thing he is really good at is killing bosses as I stated in one of my first messages in this thread, and still not by much. Unless you only take into account time required to kill a boss, which is also incredibly stupid.

15 hours ago, HamBatter said:

That's where the divide is.

Wigfrid: I care about "skipping" early game where the challenge is supposed to be for most players

Wolfgang: I end game hunter

Wigfrid is still more efficient through the course of the entire game. It's not about her early game at all, it's just another bonus she has, the least important one.

55 minutes ago, FTR said:

Late game doesn't matter, the entire game matters. From the first gathered twig to the last second of playing on the map. You really going to judge something based on late game exclusively? Sorry but that sounds incredibly stupid to me.

Wigfrid perks come into use at any point of the game even in super late game, and her effciency with health/sanity, cheap and good head armor, damage and durability comes into use all the time. Wolfgang is disgustingly inefficient, the only thing he is really good at is killing bosses as I stated in one of my first messages in this thread, and still not by much. Unless you only take into account time required to kill a boss, which is also incredibly stupid.

Wigfrid is still more efficient through the course of the entire game. It's not about her early game at all, it's just another bonus she has, the least important one.

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over this delicious dragon pie farm and dragonpies which Wigfrid can't absolutely eat, I'm sure she's still "super" amazing at late game and efficient, I'm sure her con of a meat diet doesn't affect late game too much!

20161228110622_1.jpg

Welp im going to throw in my card on this discussion.

In my eyes, both of these characters are far from fair and far from broken/overpowered. How i view anyone using a character is how they utilize them. Sure Wigfrid has the spears, helms, extra damage/decreased damage, Wolfgang has the 2x damage modifyer and that speed boost when hes mighty (which to be frank, unless you find a walking cane off a set piece, thats good).

Now back to what i said on how people utilize them. I normally play Wigfrid, and no, i wont be bias and say shes better. Nor will i say Wolfgang is bad. How you play and use these characters advantages/disadvantages is really what determines them, in my books. Wolfgang could be excellent at farming nightmare fuel for Maxwell as, lets face it. Hes strong but quiet a baby. While mighty, the speed boost can provide as an excellent starting tool to explore the world and gather resources (or if you play PVP, rush the dang ruins).

Wigfrid on the other hand, is good at creating "cheap armor" plus "cheap spears". Now if theres no local rocks or gold, going underground, trading trinkets or feeding pigking meat is good enough for her. Plus its better then fighting pigs, which, can be a bit of an issue since pigskin is meat and other pigs may eat it, or kill you. Who knows. She too, with a lower sanity, is able to farm nightmare fuel. Stand near good ol' deerclops and BANG. Say hello to the horrors of the shadows! Her meat only diet may be seen as an issue, but shes made to go out, tank some hits, and just slaughter mobs. She regains health and sanity on hit for a reason. 

All in out this is all debatable what i said. Since others utilize the two in their own ways. None of these characters are overpowered or underpowered or in any need of change. Heck, both of the two are fighters and have to deal with sanity a tad bit. Wigfrid does regain sanity smacking things with spears, but it isnt enough if you up against a boss. Then Wolfgang can just munch on Wickers taffy and continue beating the heck out of whatever is in his wake. 

Oh and a final note, the two can work well together. Wolfgang managing the food along with Wigfrid, aswell as her providing him tools and armor to go nuts with.

plus if we wanted a character changed, Klei please buff Woodie (:

16 minutes ago, MedicOrNot said:

Welp im going to throw in my card on this discussion.

In my eyes, both of these characters are far from fair and far from broken/overpowered. How i view anyone using a character is how they utilize them. Sure Wigfrid has the spears, helms, extra damage/decreased damage, Wolfgang has the 2x damage modifyer and that speed boost when hes mighty (which to be frank, unless you find a walking cane off a set piece, thats good).

Now back to what i said on how people utilize them. I normally play Wigfrid, and no, i wont be bias and say shes better. Nor will i say Wolfgang is bad. How you play and use these characters advantages/disadvantages is really what determines them, in my books. Wolfgang could be excellent at farming nightmare fuel for Maxwell as, lets face it. Hes strong but quiet a baby. While mighty, the speed boost can provide as an excellent starting tool to explore the world and gather resources (or if you play PVP, rush the dang ruins).

Wigfrid on the other hand, is good at creating "cheap armor" plus "cheap spears". Now if theres no local rocks or gold, going underground, trading trinkets or feeding pigking meat is good enough for her. Plus its better then fighting pigs, which, can be a bit of an issue since pigskin is meat and other pigs may eat it, or kill you. Who knows. She too, with a lower sanity, is able to farm nightmare fuel. Stand near good ol' deerclops and BANG. Say hello to the horrors of the shadows! Her meat only diet may be seen as an issue, but shes made to go out, tank some hits, and just slaughter mobs. She regains health and sanity on hit for a reason. 

All in out this is all debatable what i said. Since others utilize the two in their own ways. None of these characters are overpowered or underpowered or in any need of change. Heck, both of the two are fighters and have to deal with sanity a tad bit. Wigfrid does regain sanity smacking things with spears, but it isnt enough if you up against a boss. Then Wolfgang can just munch on Wickers taffy and continue beating the heck out of whatever is in his wake. 

Oh and a final note, the two can work well together. Wolfgang managing the food along with Wigfrid, aswell as her providing him tools and armor to go nuts with.

plus if we wanted a character changed, Klei please buff Woodie (:

They're both an excellent synergy of characters, but the fact FTR claims Wolfgang is useless/obsolete compared to Wigfrid quite concerns me.

9507533.jpg

41 minutes ago, FTR said:

It really doesn't matter. Dragonpie is far from best meals, I don't even bother using it as any character, unless I run out of meats which never really happens.

How is dragon pie far from best meals? It heals 40 HP, and 75 hunger, It's an much better bacon n' eggs, also removes the need to even hunt anymore in the game, which means that Wolfgang can explore with other characters with ease.

It can also be mass produced if half of the dragon fruit is given to the bird and the other half of dragon fruit turned into pies.

Archived