Post Bug

DragonMage156

Ok I have a minor problem that's getting increasingly annoying. At first I was just gonna ignore it and brush it off as nothing/something that will pass but over time it keeps doing it more and more.

Basically when I post, sometimes it'll kinda refresh the page with my post and an error in the edit box below it. Here's an example:

double post.png

I was wondering if you could please fix this bug :/

• Developer

That's the way @JoeW found to stop the duplication bug. Joe made it so posting twice or more in a short period of time is not allowed anymore to normal forum members and mods (at least green ones like me), so instead of double posting the forum reloads and is like "whoa, wait there pal, you can't exactly do that, mkay? Go back to not doing that, thank you." :p

6 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

That's the way @JoeW found to stop the duplication bug. Joe made it so posting twice or more in a short period of time is not allowed anymore to normal forum members and mods (at least green ones like me), so instead of double posting the forum reloads and is like "whoa, wait there pal, you can't exactly do that, mkay? Go back to not doing that, thank you." :p

Yeah but however, I still see double posts all over the forums :/

• Developer
3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

37 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

I'm more annoyed at the glitch where it replaces your text box with the quote box I still see double posts but its cut down a lot less for me

Yeah, I don't think this "fix" works all the time. It was mostly just a last resort to stop the massive income of double posts.

I really hope JoeW finds a way to stop this bug for real...

5 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

My guess is it doesn't work if the user's connection is too slow at the time of posting. It's definitely better this way than to let double posts happen all the time, though.

15 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

yeah that makes me double post all the time because i think that i didn't post,and it's bad that the quote remains in the post and i can't remove it sometimes on my phone and i remain with black quotes.

Double posting, even with this "fix", occurs if you reload the page after you replied and get the message because I think (and I say this out of pure assumption because I have no idea how computers work) your chrome client repeats the "submit reply" action when you do so.

Archived