ScienceMachine

3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

How about some magical puns? XD

This thread is bewitching, enchanting, enthralling, tapping into the most fascinating of metamagical matrices. Even the guest you summon theough Ashk-Ente would agree.

1 hour ago, Mobbstar said:

To appease him or to spite him? Witchever you meant, I'm boned now lol

Do you mean William or someone else?

Either way count me in :cheekychris:.

5 hours ago, ScienceMachine said:

Scream 2.png

"Oh yeah, funny bones?!"

Scream 3.png

"TAKE THIS."

Taken from here.

Aww look! They Do Love Each Other!

Sorry, couldn't resist lampshading this one.

4 hours ago, ScienceMachine said:

Devious.png

Kick 1.png

Kick 2.png

"Off you go, @GiddyGuy"

Toss.png

"You too."

The nervous expression Giddy has repays Glasswell and more :D. Fantastic job on the fluttering hands too!

4 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

So... if I want to be drawn meet this guy, I just gotta call him something he doesn't like? :p

It's like standing on a mountain in a storm, wearing a bronze breastplate and shouting "All gods are morons!".

AKA go for it.

Looks fine.png

That face. THOSE faces. Golden.

...this is when "SHE" hits me, you know. Well, that's a typical reaction. Yes, "elfeminate" puns are the next stage.

1 hour ago, Arlesienne said:

Ashk-Ente

HOLY MOLY I FINALLY SEE SOMEONE HERE THAT ACTUALY HAS READ A DISCWORLD BOOK (Sorry for that but hot damn everytime I reference the series everyone just wonders what I'm referencing and it makes me sad).

1 hour ago, Arlesienne said:

It's like standing on a mountain in a storm, wearing a bronze breastplate and shouting "All gods are morons!".

AKA go for it.

You know how it goes some people love to live life the dangerous way ^^

As for the drawings lots of interesting stuff here it's interesting to see people developing their characters and flesh them out so well. And I'm just a sucker for lore in any way shape or form no matter how miniscule it is I wanna know it if it's well made. So I can't wait to see more just to learn more.

4 hours ago, Mr.P said:

HOLY MOLY I FINALLY SEE SOMEONE HERE THAT ACTUALY HAS READ A DISCWORLD BOOK (Sorry for that but hot damn everytime I reference the series everyone just wonders what I'm referencing and it makes me sad).

You know how it goes some people love to live life the dangerous way ^^

As for the drawings lots of interesting stuff here it's interesting to see people developing their characters and flesh them out so well. And I'm just a sucker for lore in any way shape or form no matter how miniscule it is I wanna know it if it's well made. So I can't wait to see more just to learn more.

Crivens, welcome aboard! Now we can take over the world, ahem, spread the gospel of Truth, Freedom, Justice, Sensibly-Paid Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg! In fact, I've read them all up to "Steam...", the short stories, "The Dark Side of the Sun", "The Long Earth" and "Nation". Still hunting for "The Shepherd's Crown".

I'm a sucker for lore too. William is fascinating, although I am not sure if I can provide more information. If you are looking for Squishy trivia, however, I aim to please, although I don't have an art thread for his shenanigans in DST (and nope, he's not Lankin's buddy; still hating his guts though). I work in letters, first and foremost. Besides, I'm not that sadistic to bother the kind folks with his (mis)adventures.

Now, I feel like writing a bit to Science's wondrous fanart... SQUISHY GOT FANART!!!

7 hours ago, Mr.P said:

HOLY MOLY I FINALLY SEE SOMEONE HERE THAT ACTUALY HAS READ A DISCWORLD BOOK.

2 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Crivens, welcome aboard! Now we can take over the world, ahem, spread the gospel of Truth, Freedom, Justice, Sensibly-Paid Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg! In fact, I've read them all up to "Steam...", the short stories, "The Dark Side of the Sun", "The Long Earth" and "Nation". Still hunting for "The Shepherd's Crown".

Goddamn nerds. My favourite book is tied between Pyramids and Going Postal, the pyramids filling in for supernatural tech and the clacks filling in for clockwork. Honestly, anything that uses a scientific concept (or a real world idea like pyramid power) as the basis for an otherwise magical practice is A-okay by me. Also trying to read through the Science of Discworld series.

7 hours ago, Mr.P said:

As for the drawings lots of interesting stuff here it's interesting to see people developing their characters and flesh them out so well. And I'm just a sucker for lore in any way shape or form no matter how minuscule it is I wanna know it if it's well made. So I can't wait to see more just to learn more.

3 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

I'm a sucker for lore too. William is fascinating, although I am not sure if I can provide more information. If you are looking for Squishy trivia, however, I aim to please, although I don't have an art thread for his shenanigans in DST (and nope, he's not Lankin's buddy; still hating his guts though). I work in letters, first and foremost. Besides, I'm not that sadistic to bother the kind folks with his (mis)adventures.

Now, I feel like writing a bit to Science's wondrous fanart ... SQUISHY GOT FANART!!!

If you like Lore then ho boy do I have quite a lot snuck away into the dark recesses of my mind. Usually games that aren't lore based have very shallow lore for the sake of simplicity. So, I find myself just expanding the lore myself, usually ending up with my own version of an EU.

Actually, I lied, I don't really have a lot going on in my head right now. Buuuuut I do have some ideas I'd like to solidify; the Tribes turning into towns, ie post-fire Ankh-Morpork (Maybe early Clacks Ankh-Morpork, eeeeyh bias!)

49 minutes ago, ScienceMachine said:

Goddamn nerds. My favourite book is tied between Pyramids and Going Postal, the pyramids filling in for supernatural tech and the clacks filling in for clockwork. Honestly, anything that uses a scientific concept (or a real world idea like pyramid power) as the basis for an otherwise magical practice is A-okay by me. Also trying to read through the Science of Discworld series.

If you like Lore then ho boy do I have quite a lot snuck away into the dark recesses of my mind. Usually games that aren't lore based have very shallow lore for the sake of simplicity. So, I find myself just expanding the lore myself, usually ending up with my own version of an EU.

Actually, I lied, I don't really have a lot going on in my head right now. Buuuuut I do have some ideas I'd like to solidify; the Tribes turning into towns, ie post-fire Ankh-Morpork (Maybe early Clacks Ankh-Morpork, eeeeyh bias!)

"Goddamn nerds"... Are you flirting with two people at once, sir? ;)

Sorry to post in batches, but my phone couldn't handle that much. Dark recesses sound great. Every sufficiently-advanced technology is magic, so I understand your feelings... Have you read about goblins being the best clack (and railway) operators? I hope Ms Pratchett indeed continues the cycle in one form or another. The style does seem quite close to Sir Terry's...

Speaking of dark recesses, two things:

- how can you shoot us your expanded universes?

- would you mind a bit of fanart of William?

41 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

"Goddamn nerds"... Are you flirting with two people at once, sir? ;)

I could be and you will never know.

34 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

Sorry to post in batches, but my phone couldn't handle that much. Dark recesses sound great. Every sufficiently-advanced technology is magic, so I understand your feelings... Have you read about goblins being the best clack (and railway) operators? I hope Ms Pratchett indeed continues the cycle in one form or another. The style does seem quite close to Sir Terry's...

Speaking of dark recesses, two things:

- how can you shoot us your expanded universes?

- would you mind a bit of fanart of William?

Well, less dark recesses and more of dimly lit nooks where I keep away terrible things. Ms Pratchett will not be continuing the series after that last one, in her own words "They (the series) are his legacy and must be protected; even from me." or something to that effect.

One of the expanded universes I've fleshed out thus far is the Underground from Undertale (since the game doesn't focus on actual civic planning, being a more personal experience after all, I decided to just make each town ... actual towns, with districts and everything.)

The expanded universe for Don't Starve would have to be either A more in-depth look into how the cultures and tribes work or an advancement in the world's timeline. I'd prefer to work with the other since chances are either the survivors have left or they haven't.

Plus, who wouldn't want fish people, pigmen and rabbit people mucking about in King Georgian III London? The idea is that the survivors are never leaving, so they ended up eventually helping the tribes move on, using Magitek along the way.

9 minutes ago, ScienceMachine said:

I could be and you will never know.

Well, less dark recesses and more of dimly lit nooks where I keep away terrible things. Ms Pratchett will not be continuing the series after that last one, in her own words "They (the series) are his legacy and must be protected; even from me." or something to that effect.

One of the expanded universes I've fleshed out thus far is the Underground from Undertale (since the game doesn't focus on actual civic planning, being a more personal experience after all, I decided to just make each town ... actual towns, with districts and everything.)

The expanded universe for Don't Starve would have to be either A more in-depth look into how the cultures and tribes work or an advancement in the world's timeline. I'd prefer to work with the other since chances are either the survivors have left or they haven't.

Plus, who wouldn't want fish people, pigmen and rabbit people mucking about in King Georgian III London? The idea is that the survivors are never leaving, so they ended up eventually helping the tribes move on, using Magitek along the way.

This could work. Sans flirting. I'm impervious to such assaults, young man :).

It's actually like the premises of Project Rosebud. Would you be interested in worldbuilding?

9 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

This could work. Sans flirting. I'm impervious to such assaults, young man :).

We shall see.

9 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

It's actually like the premises of Project Rosebud. Would you be interested in worldbuilding?

Iunno ... I'm a very picky teamplayer, I don't work well with people who don't already share the exact brain frequency as I do about things. I'm the quiet artsy person who goes about refining everyone has done but with my own twist and sometimes people don't like it when I mix my peas in their porridge.

Plus, I wouldn't really bring much into the established setting beyond "Oh the people here has this minor custom because so and so accidentally started it years ago and it just caught on."

9 minutes ago, ScienceMachine said:

We shall see.

Iunno ... I'm a very picky teamplayer, I don't work well with people who don't already share the exact brain frequency as I do about things. I'm the quiet artsy person who goes about refining everyone has done but with my own twist and sometimes people don't like it when I mix my peas in their porridge.

Plus, I wouldn't really bring much into the established setting beyond "Oh the people here has this minor custom because so and so accidentally started it years ago and it just caught on."

Challenge accepted. He who plays with fire burns himself.

I'm not talking about simple sessions here, more of brainstorming how the world develops. Take Woodie and his werebeaverness: what if Charlie drew from it to create a tribe of wildbeavers? What happens to the ruins? Who were the Ancients? How are the transients picked?

I'm experiencing guilty pleasure coming up with what happened post-Cyclum. It seems a bit egoistic to keep all the fun to myself. And you, young man, evidently use similar brainwaves. Let me hear about your EU.

12 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

If this is GoT, why am I not dead yet? ... Cos I'm a motherf*cken dragon girl BI

Dragon mage. That apparently doesn't count. And it's not really GoT. Nobody has begun making out in some outlandish fashion, for one, plot lines can be defined without Excel and you just have a bit of simple cliff-pushing.

9 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

I didn't say I was the mother of dragons :/ Sure I like dragons but I think that's asking too much of me.

Now to brainstom clever ideas to annoy William without using the over used dank joke.

A dragon girl with wings and tails and EVERYTHING?! :D

We need to catapult antiheroes at him. I can lend my gentleman.

Archived