IRL Crockpot Recipes

9 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

What's that purple stuff in the lasagna? If that's what Monster Lasagna really looks like, I don't wanna eat it 0_0

The purple substance is just a simple Béchamel sauce with seasoned ground chuck beef. With food coloring, of course. Actually, if I had to do the whole thing over I might have made it even darker and more off-putting.

It doesn't lower your sanity or health; pinky promise.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

They both look delicious! Are you going to try more recipes? 

Thank you so much!

I might. The main issue is just getting certain ingredients. If I wanted to say, make a froggle bunwich I would have to import legs by the pound because of where I live.   Which is pretty expensive. I don't readily have access to wild game  (which are my preferred ingredients for everything), so whenever I cook it's out of convenience. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, graycrayon said:

Thank you so much!

I might. The main issue is just getting certain ingredients. If I wanted to say, make a froggle bunwich I would have to import legs by the pound because of where I live.   Which is pretty expensive. I don't readily have access to wild game  (which are my preferred ingredients for everything), so whenever I cook it's out of convenience. 

Totally understandable. 

• Like 2

I'll probably upload new food once in a while. More than likely the next one will be Meaty Stew, because of ingredient simplicity. 

In the meantime I'd love to hear suggestions. And if anybody wants the recipe for anything feel free to ask! These are fun to make and really easy to tweak to your liking. 

• Like 4

On September 21, 2016 at 3:59 PM, ImDaMisterL said:

You tell me how to make ice cream in one and you'll win the internet.

I've thought of a way you could theoretically do it. But it would be very labor intensive. 

If you made a roux, the mixture would have to be heated in a crockpot till it was around 185 degrees F. Then it could be churned the old fashioned why, by filling the crockpot with ice and salt, and placing the mixture in a tub in the middle and rotating it for around 30 mintues, (not including scrapedown intervals). 

Convoluted but definitely possible.

Edited by graycrayon
  • Like 5

On 16.08.2016 at 8:15 PM, graycrayon said:

I'll probably upload new food once in a while. More than likely the next one will be Meaty Stew, because of ingredient simplicity. 

In the meantime I'd love to hear suggestions. And if anybody wants the recipe for anything feel free to ask! These are fun to make and really easy to tweak to your liking. 

This thread is delicious, sooo... MEATY STEW OR RIOT!

On 21.09.2016 at 9:28 PM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Trail mix! Though I don't know how you'd make that in a crockpot.

You just throw dried fruit and nuts inside. If you want, coat them in honey too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, graycrayon said:

Meaty Stew will likely be up for November when my work schedule is less busy.

Perfect for the holidays! 

Yes! Given that I will be spending them in a country whose November holidays are depressing, your stew will help!

• Like 1