Roleplay Information Thread - STILL OPEN(!)

Auth

What's the difference between chop beef and pea soup? Anybody can chop beef but nobody can pea soup!  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Got an idea for something to be added to Weirdosity?

• Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Not yeah
  2. 2. Want a free cosmetic?

• YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Not yeah
  3. 3. Do you like Weirdosity?

• 𝕐𝔼𝔸ℍ!!!!!!!!
    • Not yeah

18 minutes ago, Blewcheese said:

Half of us are hiding and not doing much and the other half are not taking anything seriously.

"I'm going to be silly and touch the tree and stuff because I want to be goofy and fun! I'm going to trigger every single one of Weirdo's events, and make light of this entire situation!"

versus

"I'm not going to do anything irrationally and therefore I almost never will end up triggering any of Weirdo's events, even though he said this was a serious roleplay, and I'm being super serious. Seriously, guys."

And then we have Weirdo himself with his dream wife and fetish torture

---

The mere fact each person contributing is on at different times for varying amounts of time adds to the silly characters sometimes being extremely prevalent (or almost not at all, but still "there"), and the serious characters not having enough dialogue/actions to carry on their own, drawn-out detailed doings.

I try to progress, then something stops it. Either I or someone misunderstood the situation, and chunks have to be constantly retcon'd, I need to wait for someone/someone has to wait for me while the other is offline, or someone just flat out has a conversation with another and they end up travelling, and I am left confused with where my character stands, in both the physical and figurative way.

8 minutes ago, vingw said:

I try to progress, then something stops it. Either I or someone misunderstood the situation, and chunks have to be constantly retcon'd, I need to wait for someone/someone has to wait for me while the other is offline, or someone just flat out has a conversation with another travels, and I am left confused with where my character stands, in both the physical and figurative way.

A map is coming. I can see the issues not having one has, as a lot of people can't go off just the words, which is reasonable. Give it time.

and Joe is not my dream wife. @Mezukie is.

5 hours ago, MenaAthena said:

MenaAthena: btw how do I act like a person plz and thx
Zeklo: wat
Zeklo: https://steamcommunity-a.akamaihd.net/economy/emoticon/DSTpigman
MenaAthena: aVdjegvfhevkjhgFKJTYFKJUYCFJYHG
Zeklo: Basically
Zeklo: You want me
Zeklo: to tell you
Zeklo: How to
Zeklo: act like
Zeklo: a robot
MenaAthena: no
MenaAthena: I want to act liek a person
Zeklo: I wasn't finished
Zeklo: You want me to tell you how to act lke a robot
Zeklo: that can act like a person
MenaAthena: no
MenaAthena: I want to act like a person
Zeklo: Ok
Zeklo: Walk up to someone
Zeklo: And smile
Zeklo: But don't say anything
MenaAthena: and that's how you act like a person?
Zeklo: Yes
MenaAthena: *thumbs up*

10/10 best advice IGN

@DragonMage156 

" Dragon Mage did not care about the tree (vingw) due to not knowing much about it in the first place. Instead she stopped infront of the group and said "Hi. So... what's with the crowd? Is something up? And what is this place?" "

I meant to imply that you were headed in the area where the tree once was; as it's no longer there.

And I sorta wasn't with the rest of the group the entire time, but I guess I am now, since this is like, the sixth time Kestrel tried to interact someone and they ended up being with everyone else. Ech.

[To further clarify, you were walking towards the group as Kestrel tried to get your attention, but you were not AT the group]

36 minutes ago, vingw said:

@DragonMage156 

" Dragon Mage did not care about the tree (vingw) due to not knowing much about it in the first place. Instead she stopped infront of the group and said "Hi. So... what's with the crowd? Is something up? And what is this place?" "

I meant to imply that you were headed in the area where the tree once was; as it's no longer there.

And I sorta wasn't with the rest of the group the entire time, but I guess I am now, since this is like, the sixth time Kestrel tried to interact someone and they ended up being with everyone else. Ech.

[To further clarify, you were walking towards the group as Kestrel tried to get your attention, but you were not AT the group]

Oh woops. Sorry, I didn't read much of the other posts except for Weirdo's. Someone should have really explained the positions of each character. Damn now I wish I could edit my post in a way that's not story breaking -_-

11 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Oh woops. Sorry, I didn't read much of the other posts except for Weirdo's. Someone should have really explained the positions of each character. Damn now I wish I could edit my post in a way that's not story breaking -_-

Ah, don't worry about it! Let's just say you didn't hear Kestrel, so they tagged behind you and joined the group as well.

Problem solved!

@DragonMage156

Whatcha' sorry for [in out-of-character]? It's like taking a friendly hand gesture from one country, and accidentally using it in a country you didn't know it's offensive in; no harm intended!

I mean, said race is fictional anyways, It's not like you offended anybody real!... that I know of...

6 minutes ago, vingw said:

@DragonMage156

Whatcha' sorry for [in out-of-character]? It's like taking a friendly hand gesture from one country, and accidentally using it in a country you didn't know it's offensive in; no harm intended!

I mean, said race is fictional anyways, It's not like you offended anybody real!... that I know of...

Sorry if it wasn't clear. I guess it is pretty confusing :p

I haven't been able to post normally because my phone doesn't handle the forums well and I would end up quoting five different people from all across threads and double post; now that I know fixes to all of the above, it would appear its a bit late for me to make a proper entrance into the restaurant. I really do not want to make my arrival a contrived coincidence. 

i guess i could just make the lollygagging child run into the place madly

Is it just me, or has weirdo been leaving us hanging a lot? I mean, it just seems like he get's asked for input a lot and just never replies. People trying to get info from the cashier, Ysul trying to get in through the back door, Zek going down the path to the temple, SirKnight's character even tried to talk to Weston some pages ago and hasn't gotten any response. 

• Developer
1 hour ago, MenaAthena said:

Is it just me, or has weirdo been leaving us hanging a lot? I mean, it just seems like he get's asked for input a lot and just never replies. People trying to get info from the cashier, Ysul trying to get in through the back door, Zek going down the path to the temple, SirKnight's character even tried to talk to Weston some pages ago and hasn't gotten any response. 

@Weirdobob You're the dungeon master, you have responsibilities now I guess, we're like your children, fee dus action pls

Archived