[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

(Well, I consulted my special combat skillbook with Mr. P, he says it's good to go so I'll share it with you guys. Hope you like.)

Spoiler

Mad Dance [Mind-Affecting]: Requires Sickle and Voice.
Rhi's Farming Sickle that he used back home is tainted with the whispers of the Dancing God, and attacking with it along with a chant makes one subject feel an undeniable urge to dance and begins doing so, complete with foot shuffling and tapping. The effect makes it impossible for the subject to do anything other than caper and prance in place. The effect imposes a penalty to Armor and Reflexes, and it negates any armor bonus granted by a shield the target holds. The dancing subject provokes attacks of opportunity (cannot dodge if attacked).
Target: Living creature (this means undead are unaffected), allied or enemy
Can be magically resisted?: Yes

Songs of the Dancing God [Supportive Buffs]: Requires Lute and Voice.
Once per combat event, Rhi can use a song or poetic to produce effects on those around him and himself. The effects last for the entire combat. If Rhi is deaf there's a 20% chance to fail this attempt.
He can only choose one of the following:

Spoiler

Countersong: He can use his music or poetics to counter magical effects that depend on sound (but not spells that simply have verbal components).

Inspire Courage: He can use song or poetics to inspire courage in his allies (including himself), bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities slightly.

Inspire Competence: He can use his music or poetics to help an ally succeed at a task. The ally must be able to see and hear Rhi. Rhi must also be able to see the ally. Rhi can’t inspire competence in himself.

Inspire Greatness:He can use music or poetics to inspire greatness on a single willing ally, granting him or her extra fighting capability. To inspire greatness, an ally must hear him sing. He or she who is inspired with greatness gains bonus damage, extra health, fortitude and damage mitigation Rhi can’t inspire greatness in himself.

Inspire Heroics: Inspire tremendous heroism on a single willing ally. To inspire heroics, Rhi must sing and an ally must hear him sing. Someone so inspired gains a morale bonus and dodge bonusRhi can inspire heroics in himself.

Jasmine gladly sits on the tentacles and awaits a response on what to do from the rest of the group, although most of them were leaning towards searching for a hidden passage. She adjusted the skull on her chest and thought to herself for a moment. While the dungeon was damp and dark, it barely rivaled her home. Jasmine rested her cheek in her hand and sighed, missing the colorful abominations of the swamp. "Don't you have anything on underneath the spider onesie?"

"YOU DIDN'T BRING ANY ARMOUR?!" Miles exclaimed in utter horror. "I mean, I expect that from Jasmine unfortunately, but I've come to expect more sense from you!"

"..."

"Unless by normal clothes you're referring to the armour you typically wear, in which case I apologize for my outburst."

Rhi smiled and grabbed the cup with both hands, "A nice cup of tea will remind me of home in this dark place. Ah, that sounds like a mildly acceptable inspiration for the beginning of a poem, if I give it a few tweaks first, of course...", he traces off, walking away while sipping his tea, still searching for a hidden passage. Maybe they were right after all and they were forced to go through one of the four hallways, oh well.

"You can never have too much armour!" Miles started, "What if your magic fails, or we encounter an enemy that can counter it? You'll be left defenceless! Even I have on chainmail under this in case I'm ambushed without my suit."

"I need the extra mobility for those exact reasons.  Get hit by a war hammer, or any heavy object for that matter, and that armor will help about as much as a piece of tinfoil.  Surely you must know that, seeing that it's your weapon of choice...."

1 minute ago, MenaAthena said:

(Well it at least helps if someone comes at you with a da-

*sees Danny's post*

Well crud. Curse my lack of medieval armour knowledge! *shakes fist* Now I have to try to come up with a counter argument...)

(just say it's a mythril chainmail out of elven craftmansship. YOu know the kind of chainmail Frodo Baggins had in the hobbit iirc from the books it saved him more then once)

(Plate is good against blades and arrows, bad against blunts (and crossbows and guns))

(Chain is good against slashing blades, bad against stabbing blades. (And pretty much all ranged))

(Leather is good against light blunt and light blade as well as arrows, bad against heavy weaponry)

Ok! I've done a lot of fiddling, and I've figured the abilities I'll be selecting:

Spoiler

3 Weapon abilities; this is basically cool sh!t you can do with your weapons. Non-base magic (for casters) falls under both of these sections. 1 Passive.

4 Special abilities; all the cool stuff (like Waltz and Midnight). 1 Passive.

X Non-combat abilities; stuff like tracking. Camp abilities will come when we actually make camp, or so I assume

Spoiler

Weapon Abilities

Whirlwind- The Shadow Dancer twirls, blades out, slashing anything around him in a brutal hail of hacks and slashes. This leaves him dizzy for a little while (2 turns), and cannot be used when dizzy.

Multi-throw- The Shadow Dancer hefts three of his blades and hurls them at a target. Has a chance to hit multiple targets, if they are close enough together. Severly reduced accuracy when dizzy.

Coup de grace- In a situation where an opponent is powerless, no matter how deadly and skilled they may be, a sword to the chest or dagger to the eye is still a lethal blow. Can only be done on 'powerless' enemies, such as if they're unconscious, sleeping or bleeding out, and those that are low on health. Variant- Backstab; can be used on targets with much higher health, but requires the Dancer to be behind the target. Regular can be performed whilst dizzy, back stab cannot.

Passive; The Twins: Rosa and Ameliore, named after his (See other post) are lethal dæmon-made swords. They cut through undead as easily as mortal flesh and, after an attack on the caster, makes it harder for the opposing mage to cast.

Spoiler

Special Abilities:

And The Bell Tolls Midnight: The Dancer increases the darkness in the area, increasing his power under the NOTLK effect. Is more effective in lighter areas with some shade, cannot be used outdoors (thank god we're in a cave system, eh?)

Waltz: The Dancer lightly traverses the shadows, moving so swiftly that it seems like teleportation. Can only be done in between interconnected  shade. (i.e, if two shadows are not overlapping, he cannot teleport to the other location.) Obviously more effective the darker/more shaded it is.

Buyō : A faint copy of the Dancer can be glimpsed through the darkness, luring enemies to attack it. This is, in fact, a mere silhouette, and the actual Dancer is most likely right behind them.

And The Music Peters Out: The Shadowdancer finishing move, the assassin first Waltz's to a target, stuns the target, and pushes both of their weapons through the victim, instantly killing him. Can only be used on powerful, non-boss stunnable enemies, requires the dancer to be able to waltz and not be dizzy.

Passive; Night Of The Long Knives: The darker it is, the more powerful a dancer becomes. To help with this, all dancers have night vision qualities to allow them to see properly, and to maximize their abilities.

So? Overpowered? Good? Whaddayathink? (Also, I know only two abilities are named after dances. Naming stuff after dances is HARD.) (Oh, and he can throw his daggers and smack people with swords all day. Those aren't special abilities.)

"Tea for me as well please, Roiboos, if you have some." He smiled, muttering under his breath; "Wouldn't mind Miles to take that armor off either to be fair..." 

(Basically, He's the stereotypical assassin. He teleports behind people, backstabs, all that fun stuff. However, in a pinch he can actually shred those nearby him with the whirlwind. Oh, and shadow magic. Lots of shadow magic.)

The tinkerer gives up on understanding the material and pays attention to his fellowship again.

"Aren't we still missing someone? It's hard to count when you run around like headless chicken and yell like bodyless heads."

His name is "Pih-Dit" by the way. Or "Pit" for short (to all ye lazy writers) :p Gonna work on the sketch some more once I have thought of enough doodads to strap onto him. ;)

Archived