The Night Monster and the Puppet Master

Spoiler

(I was going to make a summary thread but...)

I kinda feel like this should be separate... so here)

Regarding the issue of Maxwell turning Charlie into the Grue... I have to say NO O__O
If you remember the video "The Final Act", you can see that both of them were forced into the book...
He loved Charlie, but only he could resist They're total influence...

Hide contents

8 - 6 - Trapped.jpg

8 - 7 - Introrsus.jpg

Now what I believe is, that Charlie, being mortal, had no chance against Their will and so, was corrupted, and became Their puppet... Maxwell did not want the one he loved to become the Night Monster... but he had no choice... his regret when inspecting the Codex Umbra says it all...

"I'm sorry Charlie"

Now, to the current puzzle...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maxwell only had his power because of the throne and the Codex Umbra...
As it stands... or in this case, sits, Charlie, even without the throne...
Was able to manipulate shadows and open portals...
She herself was given shadow powers...
Even without the throne or the book... she had the power of the Night Monster...
But the payment was too steep... herself...
her very being...
her personality...
her sanity...

They had now owned her... and consequently, she became Maxwell's payment and punishment for being allowed to use the Codex Umbra...

Hide contents

OKJLMQc.gif

But what I loved about the video is... at the end... her two conflicting sides... merged into one... the Grue and Charlie, both conflicted, fighting for the right to dominate... became one...

WWbZIEx.png

She now has both aspects of Charlie, the one who had compassion, who loved Maxwell...
And the Night Monster... destined to hunt down the puppets for They're enjoyment... she was theirs now...

Though she is not bound to the Nightmare Throne like the previous puppet master, Maxwell... 
They give her free reign... 
Her powers are not bound to the throne... she was now both the Night Monster and The Puppet Master...

Though still bound to this world... her freedom is more than that of the survivors...

With her now being One... what could be the fates of the survivors?

1. Willow - The Vines Coil away from my lighter... weird!
  2. Wendy - It's beauty is twinged with a heartbreaking sadness.
  3. Maxwell - [She] Always did have a flair for the dramatic.
Spoiler

20160422030442_1.jpg

BTW, has anyone looked at the character proportions? Wilson is a midget dwarf little person confirmed! O__O

character sizes.png

Almost everyone who's been dragged into Their world as survivors become small... remember Puppet Master Maxwell? O__O

• Developer
1 minute ago, Asparagus said:

Almost everyone who's been dragged into Their world as survivors become small... remember Puppet Master Maxwell? O__O

Maybe it's just theY're preference...

Perhaps that makes them look even more like toys for theM? I dunno.

1 minute ago, Asparagus said:

Well, in the first trailer, when Wilson was experimentring his height was exactly the same. 

And about C+G itself. I'm curious, how did it set Wilson free. If Grue always wanted reign that world, why didn't do it the exact same thing with Maxwell what it did with Wilson? Was Maxwell stronger or "royal" shadow didn't want to let him go? I dunno. Is that plot hole or we don't something else yet?

P.S. I'm Russian so I can mistake somewhere. Correct me if I said something wrong. thanks C:

By the way did anyone notice the last frame . 

Spoiler

Evilgrin.png

Spoiler

Shadow eyes , evil grin ... Things will only get harder for the survivals (and I'm going to love this new content) . So I'm not sure how much she is merged with her evil side (I think her evil  side (I mean full evil) come back from time to time .) 

EDIT : When she is in control her eyes are white (like normal)

I REALLY like her sense of aesthetic. Maxwell shaped his world to resamble chess, but what we've got so far from Charlie (diseases, roses) looks an even more appealing theme 

Cant wait for more corruption + flowers + theatre themed features!  (Or whatever is the direction she's going through)

15 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

I think the size difference is meant to represent the players and the puppetmasters. Maxwell shrunk when he became a player.

Than why didn't wilson become tall when he was on the throne? Also it'd be really cool to see all the characters in taller-proportioned forms.

3 minutes ago, DwerBomb said:

I REALLY like her sense of aesthetic. Maxwell shaped his world to resamble chess, but what we've got so far from Charlie (diseases, roses) looks an even more appealing theme 

Cant wait for more corruption + flowers + theatre themed features!  (Or whatever is the direction she's going through)

I really want to see some Charlie themed creatures to rival the chess pieces. 

8 minutes ago, ThaumicParrot said:

Than why didn't wilson become tall when he was on the throne? Also it'd be really cool to see all the characters in taller-proportioned forms.

Yea but if we use those proportions all characters would be big as a tree . Here I have to agree with what Quoth143 said early (it represent power)  .

EDIT : But I do want to see them in taller from (even if only art) .

21 minutes ago, 1v0 said:

By the way did anyone notice the last frame . 

Reveal hidden contents

Evilgrin.png

Hide contents

Shadow eyes , evil grin ... Things will only get harder for the survivals (and I'm going to love this new content) . So I'm not sure how much she is merged with her evil side (I think her evil  side (I mean full evil) come back from time to time .) 

EDIT : When she is in control her eyes are white (like normal)

interestingly, i feel like it parallels another image, specifically this one;

maxwell.gif

just... a little closer but it gives off the same feel if you ask me. 

17 minutes ago, ThaumicParrot said:

my guess would be is that he didn't accept it

7 minutes ago, Zeklo said:
11 minutes ago, DwerBomb said:

I really want to see some Charlie themed creatures to rival the chess pieces. 

The puzzle stopped day 8 or 9 (even if I think they were real life days, since the puzzle started 9 days ago, but it could be both) and there were already some roses and the new portal, so I like to think that the world will slowly transforms under Charlie's influence, through the ages...

Can you imagine how much Charlie must have felt betrayed by Maxwell? I mean, she was just his assistant, and they were doing well. But then things happen and then suddenly she's trapped in a world. Maxwell certainly brought it upon himself, but Charlie got dragged along. Wouldn't such feelings of doubt be enough for her to really start creating a divide between Maxwell and Charlie? A divide that probably only gets worse and worse, until now we have her on the throne ruling everything? Perhaps... They have something involved. After all, this is crazy. Though what should we call Charlie here? A puppet master? Or maybe something more? Perhaps like Shadow Queen? Or something. I don't know, I'm just REALLY REALLY excited how this entire thing is going. Just wondering where Klei will take us next.

1 minute ago, WilliamGreywind said:

Can you imagine how much Charlie must have felt betrayed by Maxwell? I mean, she was just his assistant, and they were doing well. But then things happen and then suddenly she's trapped in a world. Maxwell certainly brought it upon himself, but Charlie got dragged along. Wouldn't such feelings of doubt be enough for her to really start creating a divide between Maxwell and Charlie? A divide that probably only gets worse and worse, until now we have her on the throne ruling everything? Perhaps... They have something involved. After all, this is crazy. Though what should we call Charlie here? A puppet master? Or maybe something more? Perhaps like Shadow Queen? Or something. I don't know, I'm just REALLY REALLY excited how this entire thing is going. Just wondering where Klei will take us next.

I think that she away's had that power just didn't use it because of Maxwell ... Also did you notice how powerful she is !!! Damn I'm still impressed by that video ! She can create anything as long as it is in the dark (just a guess) 

Also she is not exactly human (Maxwell at the very last had a human body) her body is kinda a shadow . So this is only going to get more crazy :D

11 minutes ago, Bahlsen said:

The puzzle stopped day 8 or 9 (even if I think they were real life days, since the puzzle started 9 days ago, but it could be both) and there were already some roses and the new portal, so I like to think that the world will slowly transforms under Charlie's influence, through the ages...

World variants! I bet that's going to be one of the ways they update world variants!

54 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

I think the size difference is meant to represent the players and the puppetmasters. Maxwell shrunk when he became a player.

38 minutes ago, ThaumicParrot said:

I agree with this theory: While on the throne (i.e. the "king"), Maxwell is large, almost twice the size of a survivor. But Wilson does not accept his new role and remains a scared little puppet. Charlie, on the other hand, is large, even when not on the throne. She is the "queen".

52 minutes ago, ThaumicParrot said:

9 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

I agree with this theory: While on the throne (i.e. the "king"), Maxwell is large, almost twice the size of a survivor. But Wilson does not accept his new role and remains a scared little puppet. Charlie, on the other hand, is large, even when not on the throne. She is the "queen".

Well, it works quite odd because I don't Shadow Charlie is bigger than Charlie from Earth (Same thing with Maxwell). Come on, Wilson is just short! Well, at least this is how I see that all height stuff

47 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

the queen is the most powerful piece on the board after all! 

2 hours ago, Bahlsen said:

On the subject of the adapting world, perhaps even the 'Grue' side of Charlie may influence the throne now (i.e buffed Shadows, withering world, gloomier world etc) as the world progresses; afterall, in the longrun of nearly any server, a couple of challenges can't hurt, now can it?

Maybe even at the end of a very maturated world, a chance of adventure mode? 

http://i.imgur.com/zmUx814.jpg Hmm... but what about the beefalo trader? prairie_doggif.gif

We know he's into the skin trade... but the mystery just adds more stuff... did he come after Charlie became the queen? And could he be the key to the different variations of the characters? He seems to be proficient in shadow usage... he uses them to give you gifts and transform a character's image... O__O

Archived