How to unlock the Tragic Torch skin! (EXPIRED) Cyclum puzzle SOLVED!

Just now, Ogrecakes said:

The spider being half concealed by the hill likely wasn't a coincidence, I feel like he saw Webber and stopped using his magic.

I mean he still has access to the codex umbra and his shadow powers in the game so it wouldn't make sense for him not to have any magic left.

Well I do hope so, seeing him meet another character would probably be a better story then trying to run away from a spider

Still he's looking more perplexed about the thing in front of him rather than his own attack (maybe if he was looking at his hand it would be more clear that the attack just failed). But I get your point

but wait, the important thing we overlooked is...what attack are we talking about? The codex is closed and on the ground, and I don't think we've ever seen him firing a flameball or something through his hand o-o

12 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

The spider being half concealed by the hill likely wasn't a coincidence, I feel like he saw Webber and stopped using his magic.

I mean he still has access to the codex umbra and his shadow powers in the game so it wouldn't make sense for him not to have any magic left.

If he actually canceled an attack then that wouldn't make sense, because he's not on the throne anymore and therefore doesn't have the power to do that in the first place.

The idea was to show that Maxwell had only just realized he no longer has his demon powers and couldn't rely on his natural magic to defend himself. 

Just now, DwerBomb said:

but wait, the important thing we overlooked is...what attack are we talking about? The codex is closed and on the ground, and I don't think we've ever seen him firing a flameball or something through his hand o-o

Well in The Lost Fragment shadow Maxwell could summon meteors, but I get your point!

Also maybe what was gonna happen is someone saves Maxwell from the spider and is like "wait... DEMON"

So far, this hasn't shown anything we don't already know. Maxwell was dethroned and got turned back into a mortal, therefore lost his magic power and can't defend himself against the spider with his usual methods I suppose.

Now, if this was actually accurate to gameplay he'd just pull out the dark sword in his pocket and slash the spider. But this is lore!

If it is just a spider and not Webber like people are speculating, then I see three possibilities:

1. Maxwell opens Codex Umbra and does something (as it's still laying on the grown)

2. Someone saves him

3. Maxwell dies. End of lore, hope it was worth the wait!

4 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

So far, this hasn't shown anything we don't already know. Maxwell was dethroned and got turned back into a mortal, therefore lost his magic power and can't defend himself against the spider with his usual methods I suppose.

Now, if this was actually accurate to gameplay he'd just pull out the dark sword in his pocket and slash the spider. But this is lore!

Hmm in dst he doesn't start with his dark armor and purple gem, so maybe that relates to this too?

Well going off that logic...

Maxwell isn't really seen with a nightmare sword while on the throne. He does have one in single player (after being freed). So if it is following this logic then Maxwell is now in DST, but if he has already been freed then he would already know he lost his power. Thus he couldn't be in DST if he is just now learning he has no power. 

That was confusing as hell to write. Feel free to point out errors.

28 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

Hey if you think about, why would they choose Webber out of all the people to find him, then again Webber would be pretty menacing at first glance. 

Because Webber is the only one that looks like a monster and would cause Maxwell to immediately attack out of self defense?

duh

It looks to me like it's coming from his hand, especially in line of what has been already said, but I'll entertain the thought. 

If the smoke isn't from his hand then my mind immediately goes to Willow burning something.

1 minute ago, Ogrecakes said:

Because Webber is the only one that looks like a monster and would cause Maxwell to immediately attack out of self defense?

duh

19 minutes ago, Soto8969 said:

Ms paint for the win!

Reveal hidden contents

Webber_ingame.png

3 minutes ago, Gavary_Henaii said:

uhhh can somebody show me the update comic again? i try login with steam and it still show the same image like yesterday

its doing the same thing for me! click the view large size button.

Archived