Weird and Wonderful Deaths

Ship Wrecked is like Don't Starve sibling. There is the same feel but its different, there are islands, waves and whole new things to explore. So tell me- what is the weirdest, dumbest and most interesting deaths you have endured in this new world. 

I have died whilst trying to remember under what crafting branch antidote is. #fail
I have died disagreeing with almost every kind of wildlife I have encountered so far, I have no doubt the first time I met a stink ray would have been comical to watch- Hey what is this, oh... oh dear.

So most of my deaths are fairly bland and uninteresting, I die in predictable ways and usually on account of my own stupidity because I really should know better than to travel in a boat about to fall apart. 

So tell me yours! 

died to having a monkey look at me funny (Then getting stepping on by tiger shark)

died to a coconut like 9 times (20 HP per coconut...)

died to bad sea combat mechanic

died to giving up and just suiciding because everything that could've gone wrong did

Yknow, just my list over here.

Ate brainy matter with <10 hp left. I've been playing this game for years, you'd think by now I'd know not to put anything in my mouth unless I know what exactly it does.

Caught in the crossfire when neutral tiger shark was biting a jellyfish. On a log raft (immediately following the resurrection from the death above). Raft had 1 hp remaining, with me having no backup boat, no resources to craft one, and no means to repair the raft.

Being chased by sea hounds. Tried to turn on my boat lantern. Bad idea, because apparently I have to stop entirely to do so. Barely got away by jumping into the fog on the map edge. The boat has 20 hp remaining, and I was out of repair kits and didn't have a backup, and was too stubborn to craft a log raft. I sailed a bit. Found shallow water, so I thought I was saved. Turns out this is the wooden thing island, surrounded by boat knights. Tried to reach the island before my boat expired, but couldn't dodge the cannon fire.

And of course several of "I can totally kite these spiders/hounds without my armor on". Every time it turns out that I cannot.

OMG I had one where I pissed off a pig. Having previous experience aggro-ing apes and spiders and simply jumping on a ship to make them lose interest, I assumed when I did the same this time I was good. So instead of paddling a few feet out I remained by shore as I checked something out on facebook. Hearing bad noises my heart dropped, I clicked back to my game and there I was, dead in the water. What the hell pigs.

I can totally just sneak in there between the spiders verse snakes verse swamp battle and collect things... oh no wait everyone stopped fighting each other just to kill me. So much for that plan. 

I remember trying out Warly for the first time, and I died because I thought I could trick Float Boaty Knights into shooting the Sea Hounds that were chasing me. It worked well at first, but eventually I got hit by a cannonball which slowed down my boat enough for the hounds to catch up and stunlock me. My other two deaths were simply dying to the Sealnado whilst trying to work out the mechanics of the fight.

I had a dragoon farm in my (now corrupted) Wolfgang world. It was a walled off section on the edge of my base island, although the border between the pen and the sea was open (so 3 walls only) so that I could access it via a log raft without having to break down the walls and risking them escaping.

Anyway, during the evening one day I decided to go over to the pen and kill me some dragoons. I needed a new machete and axe, and I wasn't going to go back to the peasant flint stuff.

So I killed the dragoons. That was fine. But I'm also incompetent, and so took no notice of the time whatsoever. When it was right at the end of the evening, silly little me didn't leave the pen and one more dragoon spawned and immediately started attacking me.

I jumped on my log raft to get out, but it was already night time. I had a torch on me, but if I moved then I couldn't use it. The dragoon ended up killing me on the log raft (which was hugging the shoreline), and I drowned about 10cm away from the beach. Because Shipwrecked logic, amirite?

Most of my early deaths where Suicides so i could unlock Warly and Walani.

Otherwise i died once on a Lograft from the first Seahoundwave (was still searching for a baseisland).

Then there was the one where i was exploring during Hurricaneseason when suddenly Lightning and i get hit by not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 bolts in quick succesion and i died from that while also watching my Backpack and the contents from it go up in flames.

Most recent death was from the Sealnado because he got distracted by Apes and suddenly just decided to use his suck attack what btw doesn't affect the Apes like so many things not do (seriously why do they not trigger Cobwebs from Spidernests). Anyway got sucked in and died because i didn't see that the Sealnado did it (playing as Maxwell)

I was playing as Wickerbottom (my main), and i was out away form base farming for silk (trying to get an egg to take home). I had been drinking that night, and ordered pizza. The pizza guy got there as dusk hit, and i was standing around my fire. I got up to great the pizza guy and get my pizza, and when i returned to my computer i saw a snake make the death blow...

i was on day 46 (at the time my personal best for SW).

I then drowned my sorrows in pizza.

I think this game really doesn't want me to cheat. I haven't played a lot of shipwrecked until recently and this was my second world since I started playing again. I found Wilbur next to my home island and had already spent some time farming monkeys but they just didn't drop the crown. So I was in dry season and got killed by a dragoon egg and respawned at a touch stone on my island. I didn't really have a chance of surviving without my stuff so I was like "I've been farming monkeys for so long I'm just gonna unlock Wilbur before I die". So I spawned the crown went on the only raft I had left at my island which had 20 durability left, and went to Wilbur while dieing from overheating. So when I had 10 durability left on my boat and 30 hp on Wilson, I reached Wilbur and just as I was about to give him the crown a volcano erruption started even though there were no warnings before (maybe because I resurrected, I guess it was a bug). I quickly tried to give him the crown but just as Wilson was doing the animation I got hit by a dragoon egg and died. 

The end.

(I actually have Wilbur's raft in my current world and I'm still trying to unlock him)

quacken patch:

wendy: died to sealnado, then read the wiki on how to fight that guy so i can do better next time.

walani: died to sealnado, turns out my memory wasn't that good.

maxwell: end of monsoon season, on my way to the sharkitten den to get a dumbrella. decide to fight on land. as i jump out of my boat, tiger shark decides to bodyslam my boat. i was insane by wetness and could not kite the tiger shark and a terrorbeak at the same time. rip.

willow: after having a fairly good maxwell run, i decided i wanted a challenge (maxwells +40 sanity/min is simply op, didn't enjoy it at all...). turns out willow is too much of a challenge. ram 3-4 waves -> be wet -> be insane -> set boat on fire -> drown painfully

wilson: being tired by dying stupid deaths i decided i wanted some meat effigies so i could be revived at my base. built meat effigy on day 16, when my beard maxed out first. day 119 now, haven't died a single time. oh boy. unlocked wilbur, explored the whole map, got all end tier items. only thing left to do is find and fight the quacken to unlock woodlegs.

I have made the mistake of clearing the island Im going to be resurrected on of flint and not leaving any tools behind - more than once!

Gotta love that poison death (not)  - again, too many deaths from this!

Not being able to find land when my ship is on its last legs

My three personal favorites:

Not realising what the hell the sealnado was until I was picked up and killed by it

Deciding to take on the Tiger Shark at its den, got everything prepped, went over there and stood by the den - cue tiger shark falling directly on top of me and squashing me

locking myself in a walled panic room away from hounds, with nothing in there to make a new hammer and therefore no way to get out!

1 hour ago, queenb33 said:

locking myself in a walled panic room away from hounds, with nothing in there to make a new hammer and therefore no way to get out

You can destroy walls by attacking them when you hold ctrl

Archived