What do you think of the playable characters so far?

I love all the characters, but my favorite is Willow because I can burn all enemies in my path! (as long as i walk 10 feet from my berry bushes). I like Wendy's personality, but I feel that her ability is almost always useless. Abagail never shows up when I need her, and when she does show up she spawns on top of me and almost kills me. I feel that Wolfgang has the exact opposite problem as Wendy. His personality is unbelievably steriotypical, but 200% health and stomach is amazing! Wilson= unlimited lives, enough said.

What about everyone else? what do you guys think of the characters?

P.S I looked at the "possible" characters that people data mined, and I hope the Spider "Webber" makes it into the game! Not sure what his animations would be like though. A spider wielding a spear seems overpowered...

Edited by cyrocrystal
spelling error

I'm going to have to go with Wilson, he's been my favorite ever since I started playing. (You can't beat that beard...) Tbh the only other character I've ever played was Willow and she's pretty fun since she can survive the night with no fire. Wendy I was never really interested in because, like the OP said, her ability seemed a little useless and querky atm. Lastly I've actually still have yet to unlock Wolfgang after all this time playing due to the fact every time I want to start a new world I always forget to kill myself and get the XP...So at this point I'm just waiting for Wickerbottom to be playable so I can (hopefully) unlock her along with Wolfgang.

Wilson's beard is great but he could have more with it, hes a scientist not a beard growth expert. I like Willow as is but I can't say no to improvements. Wendy is seriously lacking compared to the others' abilities, even you said Abigail hardly appears and when she does you don't need her. Wolfgang is also great as is. He is strong and has hunger to match. A bigger man needs to eat more than normal men to maintain a healthy diet so I see nothing to improve for him.

I like Willow, her flute voice is cute, but I've set my camp on fire too many times with her ability. Wilson is awesome, just because he is the perfect character for the game. Wolfgang is annoying, but his perks are really sweet. And Wendy is cool, but Abigail is annoying, and makes me flinch EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. she spawns.

I love playing as Willow. I think she has a very good balance of spunk ("Bring it on, piggie!"), enthusiasm ("They're like little fires in my pocket!"), tenderness ("Poor little limp trees.") and humour ("These pigs have questionable taste in architecture.") in her personality. And every time she tells me "Stupid thing needs poop", I can't help but smile. :D

Really no reason NOT to play Wilson. The beard is the most powerful item in the game, and unless you have 2 or 3 effigy's, you cannot afford NOT to play him for the first 30 or so days... especially when the difficulty starts ramping up.

After this, and you have a tent as well.. Wolfgang has now the most Survivability.

Wendy, though her special ability is of little use, I love her personality, it is exactly like 1 of my 3 :p

(speaking of which, I would make a great dont starve character, since I meet all the traits[crazy, scary, smart, cool lines, sarcastic, has some sort of mental disorder(s) and has brackets in brackets in brackets!])

I miss Wilson's beard, but I currently play with Wendy. I consider her "Hardmode".

Yea that's a cool way to put it, character based difficulty :D

I've only used wiley Wil and whimsical Willow, haven't unlocked the others yet... but I can't grow my beard fast enough to keep up the effigy collection. I like risk.