Dragon Fly as the boss of the volcano!

I think that could work, and it'd be pretty easy to implement, but it's pretty boring imo. I was hoping for something more like a real dragon type boss, as the dragoons did not meet my expectations based on their name...

Some kind of pterodactyl beasty would be cool too, despite dinosaurs being pretty overused nowadays.

3 minutes ago, DeputyDeath said:

Some sort of skeleton boss would be cool. You could use a hammer on him to decrease the amount of damage he deals by breaking off bits of his bodies.

Or a dragon.

Or a skeleton dragon.

I could see a skeletal dragon crawling out of the volcano's mouth. 

Maybe on the last day of dry season there would just be one massive volcano bomb, like 5x the size of the normal ones. From it, a massive dragon would spawn - like a dragoon from their eggs - and that would be the boss fight.

They could make it similar in attacking style to the dragoon and ancient guardian; so it would charge at you and burn things when enraged and running. And then it could summon volcano bombs to fall near you like a palm treeguard and...

I think I'm getting carried away here. My point is, it'd be a freakin' hard boss fight with a fairly randomised attack pattern, albeit with a warning before each attack to give the player time to react accordingly. I mean, the RoG giants are easy as hell to kill in hand to hand combat because their attack pattern is very linear and repetitive, making them seem clumsy, stupid and far too easy to kite.

This fight however would require you to be skilled at dodging stuff and kiting to kill it, rather than the fearless and mindless tanking you need for the dragonfly.

Not sure what it'd drop though. Maybe it could have an insane amount of health (10,000+), because there's no real equivalent in either version of the game right now, but would end dry season permanently if it is killed once.

I don't think Dragonfly would fit, dry season focus alot in dragoons and volcano, it should be something related to it.

Considering the volcano pops dragon eggs, there has a to be a dragon mom with a silly portmanteau name putting those. I imagine that, if you keep making the altar of snackrifice angry with the wrong offerings, it will get so upset it will make the big dragon boss get out of the volcano's lava and fight you, if you beat it, eruptions stop until next dry season.

1 hour ago, ruthlace said:

Some kind of pterodactyl beasty would be cool too, despite dinosaurs being pretty overused nowadays.

Maybe a big, winged and beaked dinosaur with a Gamera-like shell, the Pterrapin.

24 minutes ago, Serph said:

Considering the volcano pops dragon eggs, there has a to be a dragon mom with a silly portmanteau name putting those.

Perhaps the Dragoon Broodmother's on vacation and her sister-in-law is looking after the kids. The Dragaunt.

1 hour ago, DeputyDeath said:

Some sort of skeleton boss would be cool. You could use a hammer on him to decrease the amount of damage he deals by breaking off bits of his bodies.

Nonononono.  Bosses that get weaker as the fight progresses is one of the ultimate gaming sins. 

3 hours ago, Lord_Battal said:

Nonononono.  Bosses that get weaker as the fight progresses is one of the ultimate gaming sins. 

Fair enough.

What if your attacks break off bits of the bones, making them sharper and deal more damage? Or the boss would get more enraged the more damage you deal to it, or would just progressively get stronger over time to discourage people from leaving the boss mid-fight to heal.

44 minutes ago, DeputyDeath said:

Fair enough.

What if your attacks break off bits of the bones, making them sharper and deal more damage? Or the boss would get more enraged the more damage you deal to it, or would just progressively get stronger over time to discourage people from leaving the boss mid-fight to heal.

What if it started off being bigger and easier to hit, but ass you break it down it devolves and becomes faster and more feral, dealing more damage and decreasing sanity at a faster rate as it's composition degenerates into a horrific cluster of teeth and bone? Like the Jurassic League skins, but better... 

7 minutes ago, ruthlace said:

What if it started off being bigger and easier to hit, but ass you break it down it devolves and becomes faster and more feral, dealing more damage and decreasing sanity at a faster rate as it's composition degenerates into a horrific cluster of teeth and bone? Like the Jurassic League skins, but better... 

Damn, that makes a lot of sense...

However, I don't think it'd be a very good dragonfly replacement. If Klei really wanted to mess with players, they could make it so the original boss, which would be a dragon-esque thing, would engulf itself in flames and leave a skeleton behind. After a few seconds, the skeleton would come to life and begin to attack you. It'd only have like 500 health, but it'd be very fast and damaging.

Think bowser/dry bowser from the mario games I guess, only with the whole getting harder to fight as time goes on thing.

IDK, I may be a party pooper but wouldn't something related to Pirates be more feasible?

*Is hit in the head with a brick and written on it: "TigerShark and SealNado"

So the recurring theme is still sea creatures... 

Hmm... so the Sealnado is a weather/season-related boss... what if the Volcano/Dry Season Boss be something that opposes the Sealnado?

13 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

IDK, I may be a party pooper but wouldn't something related to Pirates be more feasible?

*Is hit in the head with a brick and written on it: "TigerShark and SealNado"

So the recurring theme is still sea creatures... 

Hmm... so the Sealnado is a weather/season-related boss... what if the Volcano/Dry Season Boss be something that opposes the Sealnado?

A giant volcanic mole that opens magma pits every time it surfaces, causing earthquakes as well.

(Cuz, tornado, earthquake)

or maybe a sea serpent?

Obseadian Serpent

4 minutes ago, Weirdobob said:

A giant volcanic mole that opens magma pits every time it surfaces, causing earthquakes as well.

or maybe a sea serpent?

Obseadian Serpent

Well you certainly have a better imagination than me :D that name is genius! 

4 hours ago, Weirdobob said:

or maybe a sea serpent?

Obseadian Serpent

yeayeaya but it works like HL1 tentacles! They follow sound not vision. Throw coconades and shoot spearguns and throw boomerangs into rocks to distract it. Smashes anything with it's iron tails XD 3 of them too, which reach different lengths randomly in the general vicinity of the sound. :D

Also mods since this is being verified, pretty please do this? Volcano resembles Xen already! Dragoons are aliens... kinda! Have your own mini Xen :D

And the Lagoon HIGHLY resembles the HL1 Tentacles room. But that's none of my business.

4 hours ago, Packim said:

Well you certainly have a better imagination than me :D that name is genius! 

I also love your name. ;)

Archived