who holds the record?

1140 days and counting. Steam name The Sober Scotsman for proof in screenshots.

1. Necromancer.2. I think the longest I've survived is 80-ish days. I tend to get bored past that and just kill myself.

I usually set hounds to less, so despite having made it to day 200 before, it doesn't really count. I'm working towards a normal long-run with either Wilson or Wes. I just need to find the right world.I still have an eventual goal of 5000 days. If I do ever make it, I will post a screenshot.

I usually set hounds to less, so despite having made it to day 200 before, it doesn't really count. I'm working towards a normal long-run with either Wilson or Wes. I just need to find the right world.

I still have an eventual goal of 5000 days. If I do ever make it, I will post a screenshot.

Well alright then.

I'm pretty sure the 500 day picture came from [MENTION=584]LadyD[/MENTION], a pretty reputable member.And is it even possaible to survive 500 days now? With the hounds and what not that just keep increasing in numbers the longer you live.

Don't the hounds cap at 8-12 at day 100 and don't grow in number anymore?

The game can be hacked. Only if it was a multiplayer game that is hack-proof would you be able to trust pictures.

This. Mine without cheating is about 100. But with cheating it can be 1500 day or even higher. Image editor like photoshop is no need in this case

there is absolutely no point in playing much longer than arround 150 days. it should be enough to try everything and mess arround with all the crap the game offers. you should get bored as hell and only solution is to start a new world, so you have things to do - and if ure lucky there is a new update to test, which you mostly need to start a new world for anyways, if you want to try all the new content.and as there is no bit of a difficulty increase after that much time playing, its not really impressive to have a high count of days. just proves you indeed are, really really bored..

there is absolutely no point in playing much longer than arround 150 days. it should be enough to try everything and mess arround with all the crap the game offers. you should get bored as hell and only solution is to start a new world, so you have things to do - and if ure lucky there is a new update to test, which you mostly need to start a new world for anyways, if you want to try all the new content.and as there is no bit of a difficulty increase after that much time playing, its not really impressive to have a high count of days. just proves you indeed are, really really bored..

true truewhen youre beating the game over and over again, get really bored, then you start to do other things, like messing around doing stuff you dont usually do.what, you said beat the game? how do you beat a permadeath game?well it doesnt have to be taken literally, it just means when you already know the secret on how to survive forever in a permadeath game, then you start to get bored.anyway, i think the longest i played was 130 days. i didnt die, i just started a new game. evrytime klei releases a new update, i always try the new game to test the new characters or features.

Sorry for bringing back an old topic xD but I just wanted to share,

my world is at day 48 and counting, I survived winter with a beefalo hat and breezy vest without getting ice on the screen once :o 

Better than my old RoG webber world I died at day 33 from the following 3 things:

1. freezing

2. starving (Why couldn't I have stockpiled better? DX

3. Hound attacks

4. insanity!!

3 years later i found a dst server that had 41000+ days survived on it. there was no end to beefalos and spiders, and there was one huge place with a bunch of loot everywhere and a sign that said "sorry. everything kinda burned down" but the rest of the place was barren. god knows what went down in that time span or how long people have survived on it, but i thought it was pretty neato. and sorry to bring back an old topic from 2013,, just am really bored and wanted to share.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.8b3864c31065bcc1e80c890

Edited by Hinatauzumake
  • Like 3

Setting up record would be pretty stupid because once you survive your second winter you can pretty much survive forever, unless you make it so all giants attack you at once each 2 days (even then you can just live in a lobster herd) then a "record" would be how much time you have on your hands.

• Like 1