Hop aboard the hype train. Loyal skins are a comin'!

2 hours ago, Mikeadatrix said:

You don't need skins, they're filler content. And they're sposed to be a gift for dedicated Klei fans. Focus on the game if it bothers you that much. ;D

skins is the only interesting thing left in the game all other **** has been explored long time ago

6 minutes ago, Muche said:

That's correct. They were removed in the update 166498.

I sincerely hope that doesn't mean they've been scrapped, but...I highly doubt it. I'm sure either A) they got tired of us all talking about it, or B) it's causing the game to be a bit buggy with drops.

maybe they don't want to do it anymore because they got sick of people complaining about something that's:

(a) unlocked just by playing the game, &
(b) purely cosmetic, &
(c) absolutely free

:^)

I'm mostly joking here, but seriously... some people around here have some of the most unfounded complaints, and make it seem like DST is suddenly worse because of skins. If you're one of those people, knock it off. Seriously.

21 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

My only hope is that no other item skins turn to rot. I personally don't want a rusted walking cane :/

19 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

If new craftable-type skins are added then it is more than likely.

Who would dare litter the ground with their thulecite, yellow diamond in crested walking cane?!?!?!?!?!

Haha, this thread died down when the items disappeared. I'm sure it's from a technical standpoint.

PUNK WEBBER!!! Gosh, I hope he has colorful hair going on top of his head like a hairdo or on his spider legs like tattoos. Interesting concept. I love the idea. Since there is no sign of a frog bacpack, I'd settle with a Bearger bacpack for the time being, I love the big guy. I got depressed when a killer bee field killed him in our current world. I had saved him from Dragonfly earlier as well.

And that's also probably why they were pulled. People will get hyped on things that may not make it into the game in the end. 

• Developer
1 hour ago, T4T3RGR3NAD3R said:

I think they wised up to that since the last time skins were leaked.

Don't worry, Klei will never wise up - as long as we're still making content we'll keep finding new and exciting ways of screwing up. :)

• Developer
Just now, Chris1488 said:

does "Shadow" mean a silhouette of character's heads, or evil versions, or...? 

Didn't I already explain that we're doing left-handed Wilson now? :)

Archived