Turf update - shovel hurts the look and feel.

Turf operationally is fine and works. But now when you walk around holding a shovel you have a neon green square around your courser. Annoying and not at all with the feel of the game.

I suggest changing to 4 small black Xs or eliminate it.

TshirtToby

Turf operationally is fine and works. But now when you walk around holding a shovel you have a neon green square around your courser. Annoying and not at all with the feel of the game.

Damn, Far Cry 3 made me miss this update last night! Curse my need to kill pirates! :o

However from just the sound of it, and the trailer, I can see how this could get annoying.

I suggest changing to 4 small black Xs or eliminate it.

I don't think we can eliminate it or we would just be guessing which area is going to be dug-up. So maybe switching it so it's less noticable would work better.

It is very annoying. Very. I would suggest to make a different tool for this turfing altogether. Something more serious looking than shovel (we are digging big patches of earth, this is not a thing for a simple shovel) dedicated for this would be much better.

They could make it so it only shows while we press a hotkey like ctrl or something.

that may be difficult for new players to then pick up on that mechanic if you do that.

but i do agree its very annoying.

a different tool altogether would be nice.

> Turf operationally is fine and works. But now when you walk around holding a shovel you have a neon green square around your courser. Annoying and not at all with the feel of the game.

Agree. Haven't played the updated version yet, but on the videos is looks very out-of-worldly, so to say.

And, generally, we going to play a game of adventure or a game of terraforming?

I am not really _criticizing_ this, but this "target cursor" is from another type of game.

I'd say simply making it white/gray, perhaps with some transparency, and much thinner would work. Maybe also making it discontinued rather than full. Even a really really thin line can be noticeable in something like that, it won't be hard to see.

If you decide to come to the forums are not even read the announcement, i pity you.

They said the next update is coming next week. **** why am i even telling you? You're too lazy to read.

Edited by Toaster Fu

I had a thought. Perhaps a Spade for turfing and a Shovel for other things. If you are like me than you would know the difference between the 2 and also know that a spade square and is made for digging while a shovel is rounded and more for carrying.

It was just me or this update was so lack =/ ?? ALso they didnt fix the dupe bug and stuff =/

This wasn't the update, this was more of something Kevin was working on to keep us (the community he loves so much) happy until the true update next week or so.

I like it. It's ugly, yes, but it's also extremely clear, and an excellent reminder to not walk around with the shovel equipped unless you plan to use it. Accidental shoveling is one of the most annoying aspects of the game, and I'm utterly delighted to have this visual reminder to help me avoid it.

Ugly like a pedestrian barrier around an open manhole! I like my ugly barrier!

I like it. It's ugly, yes, but it's also extremely clear, and an excellent reminder to not walk around with the shovel equipped unless you plan to use it. Accidental shoveling is one of the most annoying aspects of the game, and I'm utterly delighted to have this visual reminder to help me avoid it.

Is it just me or is the shovel the most "don't run around with this equipped" tool? I mean, I know the hammer breaks things, but we all know that's what it does. I recall randomly digging up berry bushes... back before the Devs were kind enough to have the berries drop when you accidentally do that. :p

But yes, it would help us avoid "accidents" with turf. Also, I really don't run around that often with the shovel equipped. usually it's my axe or spear/spikey stick.

I like it but instead it could be hold shift or alt.

I considered this too... but I was worried it wouldn't be obvious to players new to the game.

Is it just me or is the shovel the most "don't run around with this equipped" tool? I mean, I know the hammer breaks things, but we all know that's what it does. I recall randomly digging up berry bushes... back before the Devs were kind enough to have the berries drop when you accidentally do that. :p

But yes, it would help us avoid "accidents" with turf. Also, I really don't run around that often with the shovel equipped. usually it's my axe or spear/spikey stick.

That's my point: We don't and shouldn't run around with the shovel equipped, but we do, without noticing. So this is a huge improvement! It reminds me to equip my weapon or pickaxe (I don't like running with axe equipped. No Pig King and I don't like accidentally wasting axe durability when I'm using auto-action with the spacebar, but it's a lot less of a big deal.)