Turf update - shovel hurts the look and feel.

What if I do like to run around with a shovel in my hand because I am digging something a lot? This is my right to do that, isn't it? Why should I have something I do not even want to use (like this terraforming thingie) in my way? And what is worse is that I might just as easy accidentaly dig the patch of ground instead of something I intended to dig just because I have not clicked precisely first time. I sincerely hate this feature being assigned to this tool. I do.

What if I do like to run around with a shovel in my hand because I am digging something a lot? This is my right to do that, isn't it? Why should I have something I do not even want to use (like this terraforming thingie) in my way? And what is worse is that I might just as easy accidentaly dig the patch of ground instead of something I intended to dig just because I have not clicked precisely first time. I sincerely hate this feature being assigned to this tool. I do.

If I am not mistaken, to dig up as you normally would for bushes, grass and such, you left-click. To dig up turf you right-click, so there is no way you could possibly accidentally dig up turf instead of what you wanted by not being precise enough.

But I certainly agree that the green lines square is a bit garish. It doesn't quite fit in with the aesthetic of the rest of the game.

If I am not mistaken, to dig up as you normally would for bushes, grass and such, you left-click. To dig up turf you right-click, so there is no way you could possibly accidentally dig up turf instead of what you wanted by not being precise enough.

But I certainly agree that the green lines square is a bit garish. It doesn't quite fit in with the aesthetic of the rest of the game.

You are right. You cannot unless you click the wrong button and that is another story. But running with this... frame(?)... I always feel that I am not targeting a bush or whatever but a turf. Anyway, I have already expressed my disappointment, no point in repeating it again and again. I just hope it will be changed as this (surprisingly) annoys me so much that I don't want to play the game...

Maybe somebody already suggested this - how about making shovel work like this: when you equip it, there is no outline at all, only word "dig". When you first right-click, lines appear, allowing you to choose where to dig; right-click once more - and you start digging. If changed your mind while choosing a turf, just left click and outlines disappear, and Wilson will run to the point left-clicked.

Instead of making this argument about the green lines (which while I do not personally think obtrusive, a holdbutton+click would be good at solving this for those who do) the problem I have is the waste product of barren dirt. Does it grow back to what it originally was? If not I think the dirt detracts from the quality of the random terrain generation long term. And of course I could just choose not to shovel turf, but I mean in the case that I want to use the feature and not worry about that side effect. If dirt terrain was a completely new biome however, that would be amazing. Does no-one have a similar thought?

Edited by RealmZero

Instead of making this argument about the green lines (which while I do not personally think obtrusive, a holdbutton+click would be good at solving this for those who do) the problem I have is the waste product of barren dirt. Does it grow back to what it originally was? If not I think the dirt detracts from the quality of the random terrain generation long term. And of course I could just choose not to shovel turf, but I mean in the case that I want to use the feature and not worry about that side effect. If dirt terrain was a completely new biome however, that would be amazing. Does no-one have a similar thought?

There are quite a few issues with this turf update that are mentioned in other threads, yes. At the moment it needs a lot more polish to be the part of the game I personally would like to mess around with. Right now it breaks some things so I would rather not touch it. It would be nice if that will not get in the way too.