Shipwrecked Build 165276 - Feb 4th

9 hours ago, jjconroy said:

Can you create a "Seaworthy" in a ROG world and use that to generate a ship wrecked world?????

Since no one has replied to your question yet, the answer is no. This may be intentional since not all RoG owners also own SW but this might change in the future. For now, you can only link world saves by starting with a SW save then accessing the naturally generated Seaworthy structure in that save to either link to a previously generated world or generating a new one.

Cheers.

Guys where now you get bone shards?

Earlier i just hammered dead crabs/lobsters - but now they only turn to rot (instead of Spoiled Fish). I think Klei done it right (it was too easy earlier), but now only source of shards I know is pirate treasure marks. Please help...

Ps1. I really love "Shipwrecked" it's just marvelous to me :-)

Ps2. dear Klei you should "update" Wilbur select screen ---> It just looks poor and uninteresting (but monkey is really fun).

Like give him a quote "ooh ooh ahh ahh!" or "ooh-ooh-ooh-eee-eee" ---> You know what i mean ;-) And put some more description into his perks. Like add info about his poop and make previous ones more interesting like: "Can run really fast", "Is a monkey monarch", "Makes a poop every 2 days" etc.

Ps3. excuse me for my grammar - English isn't my national language.

Hey @voyager156 welcome to the forums. You can also get bone shards by hammering down skeletons in Shipwrecked. You also have a chance of getting bone shards from the sea by using the Trawl Net in mid-deep waters. More information here about Bone Shards, be warned though it might spoil some game mechanics. 

Plus this update also allows jumping between Reign of Giants and SW worlds from the Seaworthy Structure that is naturally spawned in Shipwrecked. (If you do not own RoG, then vanilla also works for World Integration but sadly, bone shards only exist in RoG and SW worlds.) 

I'd highly advice from attempting to use mods with merged worlds. Doing so may cause crashes and may ultimately corrupt your saves that are merged together.

Hello @lurch27 welcome to the forums. As stated by FooBargle (member of Capy) in this post "...floods shouldn't spawn on top of flooring any more but they are still able to spread onto it." So sandbagging the puddles is still required when they form outside your base, but if your base has player-crafted flooring then no puddles should spawn inside your base or under your prebuilt structures which hopefully you built on top of those player-crafted floors.

I hope that helps guys, good luck and have fun. If something still confuses you, feel free to let me know. Cheers.

• Developer

Pushed out a build with some bug fixes - 

Shipwrecked Patch 165572 - Feb 9th

• Bioluminescence will now turn on and off if you are not near them during the day/night switch.
  • Fixed casing issue in SGStungray on Linux.
  • Marble Armour no longer increases your walk speed.
  • Fixed a crash that in seaweed that occurred sometimes when loading games.
  • Fixed several weapons that would incorrectly force enemies into the hit state.
  • Fixed an issue where the player would be put into an unplayable state after dying in a volcano and resurrecting in the over world.

Hey Bryce, I kinda feel bad for asking stuff like this but can you tell me if world hoping in a merged world only affecting the world you hopped on is intentional? (ex: world hopping in rog world doesn't affect shipwrecked side) 

This is kinda of a feature I like a lot and kinda don't want to go into it too much and adapt my play style to a feature that I'm not even sure if it's intentional.

6 minutes ago, Atsumame said:

Hey Bryce, I kinda feel bad for asking stuff like this but can you tell me if world hoping in a merged world only affecting the world you hopped on is intentional? (ex: world hopping in rog world doesn't affect shipwrecked side) 

This is kinda of a feature I like a lot and kinda don't want to go into it too much and adapt my play style to a feature that I'm not even sure if it's intentional.

I hope so. This is the end game that Don't Starve needs and keeps getting removed (i.e. backpacks and taking away worlds regenerating separate in DST for multiple ruin raids).

• Developer
20 minutes ago, Atsumame said:

This is intentional behaviour.

38 minutes ago, Moon64 said:
45 minutes ago, Atsumame said:

I hope so. This is the end game that Don't Starve needs and keeps getting removed (i.e. backpacks and taking away worlds regenerating separate in DST for multiple ruin raids).

Amen brother. I've been with this game for so many years for the late game of Don't Starve. Even if it was put into place on accident. It keeps us interested and involved with the community and game. I joined in the "Birds and The Bees and The Dogs That Want To Kill You" Update, and haven't left since. Hell I was probably the last person to leave the Google Chrome Version. I desperately pleaded to get my Chrome Key converted to a Steam Key by email. I was pleading by email at least a week after the Chrome Version 100% stopped being supported. I know I can't do the game justice in this small reply, but I watched this game and community grow. Not only has the game grown since I started playing, but I grew as well. Sorry that I was born a rambling man, but I really don't want to see the end game die off. I don't want to be given a reason to grow apart from this game.

22 minutes ago, Bryce said:

This is intentional behavior.

Thank the heavens.

20 minutes ago, Bryce said:

This is intentional behaviour.

Amen. I mostly post to rant about what I dont like here, but this feature is all we needed.

It helps new players not lose their savefile because they overlooked a possibility, and it rewards efforts and time that more experienced players may want to spend into the game. This is great.

I love the new update. I love that this game is still getting the attention it deserves. However I have a few concerns

1) Gears. We need some way to utilize them. I think the Iron Wind should be repairable with gears. Maybe 5% per gear? I have a chest full of gears and I would like to see a way to use them other than playing as WX-78.

2) I had high hopes for the volcano but there isn't very much too it. Just boulders, two new plants, a strange altar (which is perhaps the most interesting thing up there). Once you take the coffee and cactus and enough to make a dragoon den, you have no reason to return. 

Instead of only complaining, I have an idea that I would love to see implemented. 

Whirlpools (or other thing to go underwater): acts like a sink hole. Allows access to an under water level similar to caves. When entered, character jumps off boat into water.

To enter you'd need diving gear since we know characters can't swim. There should be different tiers of gear.

Again, these are just ideas and may require LOTS of tweaks.

Perhaps include an oxygen meter. Starts off full, slowly goes down. When empty, lose health as if you're hungry.

Snorkel Mask: 2 Glass Bottles, 2 Bone Shards, 2 Rope

Head slot equipable. Allows basic access to underwater. Oxygen meter lasts, let's say, 1-2 minutes before needing new to resurface. Has total durability of 1 day.

Oxygen Tank: 3 Glass Bottles, 3 Gold, 1 Electrical Doodad.

Body slot equipable: Lengthens time able to spend underwater. Maybe 3 days durability, allows 5 minutes underwater. 

Seafloor Explorer: 4 Shark Gills, 3 Blubber, 4 Obsidian.

Head slot equipable. Allows a full day of underwater exploring. 

Biomes: Reef (Misc. fish, eels, wobsters, coral, etc.), Kelp Forest (lots of seaweed, dogfish, stuff tangled in kelp), plus others. 

Trench: acts as gate to the shipwrecked version of the ruins.

This area is dark and will need some bioluminescent or firefly- based light equipment.

Periodic Viperfish attacks similar to depth worms. 

Special Biomes in The Deep: Hyrdothermal Vents (Tubeworms, Vents, extreme overheating), Wreck (destroyed ship, old crates with useful stuff, strange hostile lamprey-like creatures or crustaceans), Whale Carcass biome.

This biome should contain some of the weirdest or creepy creatures in the game. 

I'm a lover of deep sea stuff and I would LOVE to see something like this added to the game. My ideas were just some I have in my head and A LOT OF balancing and additions will need to be done in terms of diving gear but this is just my rendition of what the caves/ruins should be in shipwrecked. 

Keep it up Klei (and Capy I guess in shipwrecked). 

On 2016-02-10 at 4:41 AM, Glhrmzz said:

I can't stress enough how GODLY this is. Renewable Resources HYPE . End Game HYPE

Wait, I don't get it I'm a little slow.

So the RoG map is changed changed over and over each time you enter RoG through SW, while SW is saved? Is that it?

@EmilioEstevez currently you can link a SW to an RoG world. You could also however keep world hopping through the RoG's Teleportato Structure (Wooden Thing), which would regenerate a new linked RoG world but the SW you originally linked from would still be the same SW world regardless of how many times you world hopped in the linked RoG World.

I hope that wasn't confusing, cheers.

Just now, Zillvr said:

@EmilioEstevez currently you can link a SW to an RoG world. You could also however keep world hopping through the RoG's Teleportato Structure (Wooden Thing), which would regenerate a new linked RoG world but the SW you originally linked from would still be the same SW world regardless of how many times you world hopped in the linked RoG World.

I hope that wasn't confusing, cheers.

Ohhh I got it, thanks. But you'd have to find the link to SW in the new RoG world, right?

On 2/16/2016 at 8:02 PM, Croissant said:

I love the new update. I love that this game is still getting the attention it deserves. However I have a few concerns

1) Gears. We need some way to utilize them. I think the Iron Wind should be repairable with gears. Maybe 5% per gear? I have a chest full of gears and I would like to see a way to use them other than playing as WX-78.

2) I had high hopes for the volcano but there isn't very much too it. Just boulders, two new plants, a strange altar (which is perhaps the most interesting thing up there). Once you take the coffee and cactus and enough to make a dragoon den, you have no reason to return. 

Instead of only complaining, I have an idea that I would love to see implemented. 

Whirlpools (or other thing to go underwater): acts like a sink hole. Allows access to an under water level similar to caves. When entered, character jumps off boat into water.

To enter you'd need diving gear since we know characters can't swim. There should be different tiers of gear.

Again, these are just ideas and may require LOTS of tweaks.

Perhaps include an oxygen meter. Starts off full, slowly goes down. When empty, lose health as if you're hungry.

Snorkel Mask: 2 Glass Bottles, 2 Bone Shards, 2 Rope

Head slot equipable. Allows basic access to underwater. Oxygen meter lasts, let's say, 1-2 minutes before needing new to resurface. Has total durability of 1 day.

Oxygen Tank: 3 Glass Bottles, 3 Gold, 1 Electrical Doodad.

Body slot equipable: Lengthens time able to spend underwater. Maybe 3 days durability, allows 5 minutes underwater. 

Seafloor Explorer: 4 Shark Gills, 3 Blubber, 4 Obsidian.

Head slot equipable. Allows a full day of underwater exploring. 

Biomes: Reef (Misc. fish, eels, wobsters, coral, etc.), Kelp Forest (lots of seaweed, dogfish, stuff tangled in kelp), plus others. 

Trench: acts as gate to the shipwrecked version of the ruins.

This area is dark and will need some bioluminescent or firefly- based light equipment.

Periodic Viperfish attacks similar to depth worms. 

Special Biomes in The Deep: Hyrdothermal Vents (Tubeworms, Vents, extreme overheating), Wreck (destroyed ship, old crates with useful stuff, strange hostile lamprey-like creatures or crustaceans), Whale Carcass biome.

This biome should contain some of the weirdest or creepy creatures in the game. 

I'm a lover of deep sea stuff and I would LOVE to see something like this added to the game. My ideas were just some I have in my head and A LOT OF balancing and additions will need to be done in terms of diving gear but this is just my rendition of what the caves/ruins should be in shipwrecked. 

Keep it up Klei (and Capy I guess in shipwrecked). 

Oh man, a whale carcass biome would be so cool, like an elephant graveyard. And the deep sea creatures would be so cool... Seahorses, octopi, giant anglerfish boss?

15 hours ago, ruthlace said:

Oh man, a whale carcass biome would be so cool, like an elephant graveyard. And the deep sea creatures would be so cool... Seahorses, octopi, giant anglerfish boss?

I'd loooove to boss battle a giant squid, sperm whale, megamouth shark. I think the scribble-y, dark art style would go PERFECTLY with a deep sea environment. Just imagine what they can do with all the terrifying creatures like vampire squid, tripod fish, dragon fish, fangtooths, gulper eels, chimeras. I think it'll be amazing. Though there should be a reason for people to keep going down. Like the Ancient Pseudoscience Station was a reason to keep visiting underground. 

Archived