Shipwrecked Build 165276 - Feb 4th

3 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Wilbur should be awesome, Volcanic Caves look interesting(Cant wait to see what happens exactly in it and what is its uniqueness), World Hopping is something I HAVE to try now, and we're just 1 giant short from the full set.

Am I missing something, we have the tigershark,now the sealnado. Did they say we are only going to get 3, and not one for each new season? I recall them talking about a duck mob in one of their twitch talk, did I dream it, or did they drop the idea, anyone else remember anything about a duck, like the quacken or something? (mix between duck and kraken) 

1 minute ago, ImDaMisterL said:

There's still another big update in the making ;)

but will we get 3 or 4 boss monsters? I mean RoG also only added 3, but there was one to begin with, so we had a total of 4, one in each season. 

But then again, it doesn't seem like the boss monsters in shipwrecked are as bound to seasons as before (you can find the tiger shark in every season, haven't encountered the sealnado, but some said they found it in moonsoon, and it would make sense that it also appears in hurricane season), so maybe 3 is enough if you encounter them all year round :/

26 minutes ago, HappyCrazyPerson said:

Am I missing something, we have the tigershark,now the sealnado. Did they say we are only going to get 3, and not one for each new season? I recall them talking about a duck mob in one of their twitch talk, did I dream it, or did they drop the idea, anyone else remember anything about a duck, like the quacken or something? (mix between duck and kraken) 

Yeah they talked about that too.

14 minutes ago, HappyCrazyPerson said:

but will we get 3 or 4 boss monsters? I mean RoG also only added 3, but there was one to begin with, so we had a total of 4, one in each season. 

But then again, it doesn't seem like the boss monsters in shipwrecked are as bound to seasons as before (you can find the tiger shark in every season, haven't encountered the sealnado, but some said they found it in moonsoon, and it would make sense that it also appears in hurricane season), so maybe 3 is enough if you encounter them all year round :/

I suspect that one of Sealnado's forms is all year round, and the real boss form is in Hurricane. 

(Also, the first time ever I double posted and I saw the forum auto merge it. That is beautiful)

37 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Yeah they talked about that too.

I suspect that one of Sealnado's forms is all year round, and the real boss form is in Hurricane. 

(Also, the first time ever I double posted and I saw the forum auto merge it. That is beautiful)

could be O.o The update came so late in my time and I haven't been able to play more than an hour. Could someone spoil what the sealnado drop upon death? The items it sucked in I hope, but anything else? Does it even drop meat? Like if it has a seal in the center, will it drop its meat, maybe blobber (seals have the same fat as a whale I think)? Or something unique, like the tigershark drops its eye and gill? 

13 minutes ago, HappyCrazyPerson said:

could be O.o The update came so late in my time and I haven't been able to play more than an hour. Could someone spoil what the sealnado drop upon death? The items it sucked in I hope, but anything else? Does it even drop meat? Like if it has a seal in the center, will it drop its meat, maybe blobber (seals have the same fat as a whale I think)? Or something unique, like the tigershark drops its eye and gill? 

look at the wiki

10 hours ago, Zillvr said:

@kirbyhung in this update, you are able to link two save worlds (SW with RoG) through the Seaworthy Structure you can find in shipwrecked and to go back from RoG world to Shipwreck you can craft the Seaworthy through the magic tab in RoG worlds. Cheers.

Im not too much of a professional player, just got the game in Christmas, played for 100 hours so far. I mean im a noob.

So does that mean, it's like a portal that I can use the same character to play through and travel between SW and RoG world (I mean travel back and forth)? In two different saves? I tried to look for it online, probably too new.

18 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Wilbur's been in the game files for a very long time now, I'd say it's at least more canon than the completely new characters that Capy probably came up with.

Yes, I know he was in the files, I have been following this game since 2013 you know. However, I thought that with the whole "Curse by Maxwell" plot line would mean that characters would be human or human like; hence no Wortox, Webber or Wilbur. They have ret-conned Webber to be a humanoid so I am okay with that; however Wilubur is a monkey and solely a monkey; so I don't think that he is canon.

20 hours ago, Lord_Battal said:

It's a shame @Wilbur never got to see this day...

Guess what, I'M HERE TO CELEBRATE! Been lurking around since SW got released, and now I have absolutely no reason not to start playing agin  :congratulatory:

SO, I'M OFFICIALLY IN THE GAME! FINALLY! :o I knew this day would eventually come. I can die happy now. 

3 hours ago, MycoLogical said:

Yes, I know he was in the files, I have been following this game since 2013 you know. However, I thought that with the whole "Curse by Maxwell" plot line would mean that characters would be human or human like; hence no Wortox, Webber or Wilbur. They have ret-conned Webber to be a humanoid so I am okay with that; however Wilubur is a monkey and solely a monkey; so I don't think that he is canon.

I don't see how that plotline would imply all the characters would have to be human-like. It's generally assumed that Maxwell would give a character something they long for but traps them in return. We don't have any backstory of Wilbur unlike Webber or other characters, so if it's any relief, he appears to be as intelligent as any other character in the game (minus the no talking of course), as well as acts like human aside from his running animation, he also wears clothes and has a crown.

He is indeed human like depsite being a monkey, and he clearly is not the same as any other monkey in the game.

Archived