Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

"I am a sea dragon. I travel with this herd of humans peoples and other things. They're nice; two of them gave me shinys!" The dragon said excitedly, tail thumping on the ground. It was kinda nice to be speaking with someone who could understand her fully and wasn't a crazy cat humans person.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kate nodded and her and her brother followed the shadow pup, unaware of the giant fire dragon awaiting on the beach. A traumatized, orphan eight year old's greatest fear!

• Like 2

Syndir had been holding his breath this whole time. Gold dragon had circled the other dragon. Then it made roaring sounds. Then it thumped its tail on the ground. This could mean only one thing...

THEY HAD INITIATED A DUEL.

"DON'T DO IT GOLDY, YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO—"

The sand above him collapsed onto and into his mouth.

• Like 5

"A sea dragon. Interesting. But, what is it you mean with 'shinys'?" The last part he said with interest in his voice. Cinis heard Syndir talk, turned his head to see what it was about, but didn't see anything since the sand had covered him already. He turned his head back to dragon.

---

Viridis looked at the now buried Syndir, utterly confused. What did he mean? Did she break his statue or not? She moved closer to the sand he was in. "What... do you mean? Who is goldy? Why are... you in there?"

1 hour ago, Dara999 said:

summary please...}

(Dragon revoked Wheke's Tiny Trevor holding privileges and is now talking to a new dragon, Cinis. Meri went to go hunting and got his prey stolen from him by a new tursai, so now he's going back to the beach. Boat is being fixed. Syndir is hiding and choking in the sand, and Viridis is trying to talk with him. Crabs are still attacking the otter. Wiffleball is still lost in the potato, and Noctimus is leading Kate to the beach.)

The dragon blinked, surprised Cinis didn't know what shinys were. She stuck her head in her pouch and pulled out the first shiny she grabbed on to, which happened to be the blue gem, and showed it to the new dragon. "Like thi-" as she tried to roar out her reply, however, the blue gem slipped out of her beak and into the back of her mouth. Surprised, she tried to gag it up, but inevitability swallowed it.

Dragon whined loudly.

• Like 5

Silven watched the Markless Syndir and Markless Jaw, with... Everyone over there. He wondered what they were doing in the terrain, was this some sort of defense mechanism? A ritual of some sort? Maybe they were making a home for themselves. He brought out his journal and started to write down the possibilities. 

Crab looked proudly from his castle belfry down onto the sand village his people had built. They toiled the sand fields, growing tumbleweeds mercilessly, at the fear of being executed by their king. Then, one crab peasant saw something that piqued it's interest: Another sand castle. The crab crawled inside of it cautiously, and stood atop that castle. Some of King Crab's workers saw another kingdom, and scuttled over to it. Crab looked at his people leaving en masse with rage in his heart, and started hopping up and down. He pulled out his horn and blew it, and a half dozen crab warriors clad in shields and pikes scuttled towards the opposing castle, and started poking it. The New King's people ran inside of his keep, and drew crossbows, shooting arrows that pierced the shells of the invading crabs. To the crabs, it was a battle of epic proportions, that would shape the future of the crab kingdoms in an age of utopia, or one of despair.

But to everyone else, it looked like a few crabs just poking each other.

• Like 11

Cinis watched as Dragon pulled out a blue gem out of her pouch. "Oh, you mean glowies! Yes. They are great to collect--" he said, strangely childish. Then she accidentally swallowed the gem. Cinis really, really tried not laughing. You could see his mouth was about to burst out in laughter, but he succeeded in holding it. "Oh, worry not. Gems are quite easy to find, just look around in human graves, or sometimes in caverns." Cinis said trying to make the situation more okay. 

---

Viridis shrugged, and looked at Gilda. "You... make the castle, I'll make... Syndir statues!" She started building tiny hills with faces on them, and put little pieces of grass on them to resemble the feathers.

• Like 5

Syndir brushed away the sand covering his eyes, "What works of art plant lady! Marvelous!"

What uncanny resemblance. They nailed your dorky side, and by that I mean all your sides.
But I'm just wearing the mask. You are the mask.

HEY WAIT WHAT. NO. SHUT UP. JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE TRAPPED IN SAND DOESN'T MAKE YOU SAND.
Sorry, I can't hear you. Too much sand in my ears.

THAT MAKES NO SENSE. I'M IN YOUR HEAD.

"lalalalalalalalalalalalalalal I can't hear you~" Syndir la'd out loud.

• Like 8

Well, she guessed if she could find more, it wasn't all that bad...

There was a weird feeling in the dragon's stomach though. It felt that sort of cold burning you get when you chew a new piece of strong mint gum, except in your stomach. At least, that would be the comparison she would make if she had ever heard of or tasted mint gum. She wriggled uncomfortably. The feeling grew stronger and spread, until-

*buuuurp*

A flurry of snowflakes exited her throat with the burp, and dragon blinked in surprise and interest.

(Okay, important question before Kate shows up: do the first parts on Cinis' body more like fire or lava?)

• Like 2

On sight of the giant fire dragon, Noctimus immediately turned around and scurried back towards Wiffleball? in fear. He was fast enough so that Kate wasn't able to tell where he went.

---

Tiny Trevor started shivering. It was cold. Really cold.

Edited by Youknowwho

(You mean on his belly and stuff? Thats lava, so is the tip of his tail. The only fire parts are when his wings are open or when he breathes fire.)

Cinis looked at Dragon as she burped out icey flakes. "Ah, so sea dragons are of the ice type? How interesting, since there are dragons specialized in ice only. Though, you do not look like one. Hmm..." he was thinking of an explanation and it didn't come to him that it might be the gem.

---

Viridis was shocked at the immediate response of Syndir. "I knew it! Someone... besides Jaw who recognizes art. I think this one looks even... better than that one!" She said, pointing from one lump of sand to the other.

• Like 1