Mena's Random Arts of Stuff and Things

MenaAthena

20171031_182946.thumb.jpg.ee0faa97e88690c82bec1334877d426a.jpg

Day 31: Mask

And we're done! Phew!  

Man, just earlier this year I never would have really believed I would have actually made myself go through with and complete something like this, but here I am. Not every day was a masterpiece, but I did it. I made myself sit down and make a drawing every. Single. Day. Even when I really, really didn't want to, and I'm super glad I did. I made things I'm really happy with that I never would have otherwise, and I've improved not only as an artist, but maybe even a bit as a person.

Aw geez that sounds corny. Uh, um, TRANSITION!

Special shout out to @minespatch, who apparently decided to take the Complimentober challenge. Seriously dude, you found something to say about every single piece of art I did. How?!

2 hours ago, MenaAthena said:

Special shout out to @minespatch, who apparently decided to take the Complimentober challenge. Seriously dude, you found something to say about every single piece of art I did. How?!

Cause I like your work and development? If I saw somethin wrong in your work, I'd sugest a thing or two to fix but you're doing fine.

Nice crosshatching on this one! IT gives a scarecrow-like texture to the piece. Adding a unearthlyness to it.

5a0668cd7b324_dadsdrawing.thumb.png.8fac3573cc946b502e428687f1544427.png

FINALLY, I FINISHED THIS

HHHHHhhhhhh

Okay, so this is a commission I got from my dad... September, maybe late August. I couldn't work on it for all of October for reasons you can probably deduce, and bulky guys and armor aren't exactly in my comfort zone, but it still took way too long. At least I finished it though. That's a step up from my previous track record.

3 minutes ago, minespatch said:

The first step makes you look manic but the added colors helps.

inb4 I totally embarrass myself here, butttttt....

If I'm not mistaken that's Mina, short for Wilhelmina. A character of theirs.

It's gotten a bit harder to tell since Mena's persona used to have long hair, but the tells are the hair & eye color. This being more red (orange) with green eyes. Not to mention the hair is more curly while Mena's is often portrayed more wavy, and of course blue eyes.

The head shapes the same, but that's just how they do heads.

29 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

It's gotten a bit harder to tell since Mena's persona used to have long hair, but the tells are the hair & eye color. This being more red (orange) with green eyes. Not to mention the hair is more curly while Mena's is often portrayed more wavy, and of course blue eyes.

Ha ha, you'd think, but that's actually an image of me this last Tuesday.

11 hours ago, Zeklo said:

You are indeed correct, Zeklo. 

Also sheesh, I need to work on varying my face shapes more than I thought I did

17 hours ago, minespatch said:

I'm curious who this was for but nice work! The combo of digital and traditional works. ^^

Nope, all traditional here. Just graphite and colored pencils.

1 hour ago, Paxtonnnn said:

It looks like a robot version of Battal's chacter, Niellatursas.

Nah, not robot. I just didn't color it fully.

Archived