[ShipWrecked] Early-Access balance topic .

1v0

Have you guys have things to share that seems unfair or unbalanced ?

On another note .

I'm really impressed it's more than what I was expecting ! Especially the volcano season it makes the game more dynamic ! To top it all not all of the content are in so we can expect more awesome stuff ! 

Fairly enough you can survive without a fridge yea but it's a way better with it and for the updates without it WX-78 loses most of his special . As for the venom spiders yea that easy to get it from them but when a poison snake bites you at day 3-4 and there are no level 2 spider camps ... you are as good as dead .

I had the most trouble with the volcano rocks falling from the sky. Three or four of those rock falls in a 10 day period was just too much to deal with.  I barely had time to recover from one, and deal with the hailstorms, before another started.  The venom glands could probably use a boost in drop, as well.  I tried digging up those burping geyser things in the poison swamp but I never got one from them (which might've been a glitch).

So far my only problems is the lack of gear (for fridge and WX-78) and the low chance of drop for venom gland (1 out of 10 poison snakes , maybe i'm just unlucky) .

Poison is fine. In my experience it's more around 1 in 4, I guess you're just unlucky (or exaggerating). I haven't experimented enough with everything to say for sure whether or not gears are too scarce.

Monkeys...In two ways:

- If you attack a monkey and they all attack you, they can instantly bring you down to zero sanity by all of them throwing poop at you at the same time. 

- I think there are way to many monkeys houses.

Don't attack monkeys?

Remember folks, Shipwrecked is intentionally punishing. Try to think of ways to avoid problems you encounter before asking the devs to make the game easier for you.

Poison is fine. In my experience it's more around 1 in 4, I guess you're just unlucky (or exaggerating). I haven't experimented enough with everything to say for sure whether or not gears are too scarce.

Don't attack monkeys?

Remember folks, Shipwrecked is intentionally punishing. Try to think of ways to avoid problems you encounter before asking the devs to make the game easier for you.

I never said make the game easier. I genuinely think it´s a bug. I went from full sanity to zero in a second. Not much strategy behind that. 

Don't attack monkeys?

Flare, there is a point where there are too many  monkeys. It's not hard, there is just tons of them.

I have finally found the clockworks . I take it all back there is a lot of gear (3-4 gears form 1 , 3 boat knights = 11 gear) just that they are hard to find is problematic . Look for them near the end of the map (or at least in my world they were there) . 

For the venom gland I talked to 1 of my friends yeap I'm really unlucky the drop chanse is fine . 

(I should just delete the start of my first message)

I would agree that there should be less monkeys overall, but perhaps a simple monkey notice range fix could help this. Part of what makes the monkeys annoying is that they follow you and steal any items on the ground, and they can notice (and then follow) you from way too far of a distance.

Also, I haven't heard anyone mention snakes

I think snakes should be lessened, as by day 20 I had something like 46 snakeskin just taking up precious chest space, as well as a ton of monster meat. This is a bit gratuitous, and definitely makes the game less fun once you get a crockpot (It's way too easy to make meatballs).

Ironically, the massive quantity of snakes the game unleashes on you have made the game easier (once you get a crockpot), and they could stand to spawn less.

Yeahthe Palm treeguards are rough. Had two spawn on me. And they will NOT stop pursuing me unless I leave the island entirely. But then when I come back... they slooowly come for me on the opposite end... seems a little overkill. but i will keep trying.

I do not understand all the hate on Ape. You can easily reset them following you with a Boat and their pick up animation are super slow anyway. Even so you can just attack one, dodge the Poop and gather it for easy fuel. Now they will just look at you from range without doing anything. Also go at jungle at Dusk for easy Banana with those huge Snake/Ape wars.

To go back on the subject the biggest balance problem I see so far is the crafting tree. Some stuff really make no sense for instance : Boat Light is accessible without Science Machine but you do not have a Boat that can take it before the Science Machine, same for Sandcastle you can not have sand without Shovel. It is counter intuitive I died once with a Light Boat trying to figure how to equip it, make it the same tech tier as the boat that can use it.

An other thing is Limpets (the food thingy you gather on Rocks). They count for 1 Fish in the Crockpot and allow you to make Surf'N Turf much too easily. There is really little reason to bother with fishing when you have those.

Ironically, the massive quantity of snakes the game unleashes on you have made the game easier (once you get a crockpot), and they could stand to spawn less.

There are a lot of snakes, yeah, but I haven't gotten them in the problematic amount you have. What kind of island were you on?

Just had my first encounter with palm tree guards.  I feel like the range of their melee attack should be reduced.  It seems to be undodgeable the way it is right now.

Yeahthe Palm treeguards are rough. Had two spawn on me. And they will NOT stop pursuing me unless I leave the island entirely. But then when I come back... they slooowly come for me on the opposite end... seems a little overkill. but i will keep trying.

There is an easy way to avoid palm tree guard's attacks, you kind of have to think outside of the box. You'll get it eventually.

Archived