[ShipWrecked] Early-Access balance topic .

1v0

Here is my 2 cents after... around 20h.

Poison:

I would compare poison to winter in DS. FIrst time you died and though it was ridiculously hard... but after 1-2 times, you learn and it becomes really easy. Anti-venom is also easy enough to produce, no changes needed.

Monkeys:
Annoying at first but their pickup animation is slow so you can get most items before them. The only thing that pissed me off is that you are forced to have chest if you want to build anywhere close (because they wander far) and cutting wood to have logs is a lot longer since you can't pickup 3-4 items dropping at once before them. Maybe reduce the number by 1 or reduce the range they follow you or wander around.

Snakes:

I don't see the issue here... Their attack range is ridiculously small and damage is also extremly small. They spawn a lot during evening but thats fine, they are too easy in my opinion. I would probably buff the damage because right now I can litterally tank them without any armor and fight 4-5 without much consequences. Especially with all the healing items.

Snakeskin:

drop is too high. With the monkeys fighting them all the time, and you killing them naturally over time, you get too much of that stuff. I was killing monkeys next to my base today on day 40 and 3 diferent monkey had 30+ snakeskin on them. I would be nice if they had multiple uses but as of now, i've only noticed 2 clothing items with snakeskin and thats it... (Is there anything else ?)

More uses maybe ?

Other:

One thing I noticed in shipwrecked is that you don't even need any armor to kill most stuff. Monkeys don't hurt you, threatening fishes do "boat damage". In DS, you always needed an armor or to know the attack patterns and dodge to kill ennemies... in shipwrecked, it seems too easy.

Also to add to my last post:

Volcano eruption:

Aren't they a bit too strong ? First one hit me and destroyed 75% of my base and burning 90% of the island I was on. I also saw on Flare2V stream that if you get hit, even with really strong protection you basically auto die... Does something like 2000 damages ?

Even if it didn't kill you, I don't really like the fact that there is nothing you can really do to save your base. Its similar to summer in DS if you didn't have any Ice Flingo to prevent the smoldering. I actually stopped playing for the first time when it happened. I don't mind dying to stupid stuff etc... As long as its my fault, If I was too overzealous or if I wasn't prepared enough. There doesnt seem to be any prep possible though...

So i made it to day 121 today.

My biggest problem is the volcano...In the first summer the erruptions arent really a problem, you can dodge them by sailing on your boat.

But then on day ~112 when its supposed to be the rainy season the volcano starts to errupt. The erruptions seem to be overlapping which makes it impossible to dodge them at all. In the water your ship gets destroyed by the infinite amount of waves, no opportunity to go on land + constant rain.

hard but fun :)

Other:

One thing I noticed in shipwrecked is that you don't even need any armor to kill most stuff. Monkeys don't hurt you, threatening fishes do "boat damage". In DS, you always needed an armor or to know the attack patterns and dodge to kill ennemies... in shipwrecked, it seems too easy.

There are tallbirds, wildboars (it might be my pc, but their attacks seem bugged, they don't even charge in my direction when I'm in their face and during flanking, they seem to stutter) and fighting hoards.

Poison: If it stays as is, please introduce another method either to cure it or to outlast its effects. I am not a doctor, but the reason poison kills is because it damages the body before a persons immune system has time to attempt to defend against it. 

Shoot, create a less desirable method, example have leech enemies that reduce your max hp in order to remove the poison. Just throwing a random suggestion.

Also random unrelated suggestion, when a (living) character overeats, OR as a function of their hunger spent, have them produce poop, because it would be both funny and realistic. Not much, just one or two per hunger bar or every wasted 25-40 hunger points.

Hello everyone, in the spirit of complaining about monkeys i have a little picture to share

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/397803847499169358/E36204F46777BD2E7DC09828BA7FC13AB992E0D6/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:576&composite-to=*,*|1024:576&background-color=black

When i arrived at the island there were 37 prime apes huts tottal, i burned some of them...and decided to share my experience.

Oh, and dont worry i took care of the monkeys they're wiped from the island :grin:

PS: The poop attack the monkeys use....it doesnt work so well on dragonfly!!

What really bothers me it's burning a HUGE jungle tree and dropping just one charcoal. :wilson_incredulous:

I had the same thought. I had the habit of only burning small trees, but then thought, "wait, does a large tree really only produce one charcoal? Even if they didn't produce more charcoal, they should produces a few ash or something

Volcanos are nothing. If you cannot dodge a volcano, maybe you dont deserve to live. What will you complain about next, alien abductions? Check your privilege yo. ;)

Lel play more often. I am sure u did not even survive after summer. Also even in summer u can die. You were just lucky that everytime it fell to somewhere not near you.. In some of the falls, there is too lil time for meteor shade.. like half sec and then falls on you and it is not like a one point hit. it has AoE. If you play 4-5 summer you will get my point. In all you may be lucky too.. Depends on your luck.

To tell the truth i like the volcano as it is because it's challenging . As long as you keep on moving you can survive it and it's not like meteors are coming in non-stop you have more than enough time to catch your breath so to say .

To tell the truth i like the volcano as it is because it's challenging . As long as you keep on moving you can survive it and it's not like meteors are coming in non-stop you have more than enough time to catch your breath so to say .

I kept moving and it strike me. Shade was shown for half sec and i got destroyed with AoE. If you are unlucky u can get hit even by moving. Also this comments worths mentioning...

So i made it to day 121 today.

My biggest problem is the volcano...In the first summer the erruptions arent really a problem, you can dodge them by sailing on your boat.

But then on day ~112 when its supposed to be the rainy season the volcano starts to errupt. The erruptions seem to be overlapping which makes it impossible to dodge them at all. In the water your ship gets destroyed by the infinite amount of waves, no opportunity to go on land + constant rain.

I need to get to volcano season once again . Last time I managed to survive 10-12 days into summer by moving non-stop when the eruption starts . Actually I died because it was volcano eruption + night + hounds and had no way to survive it ... When I get to summer 2-3 times more I can say a more firm opinion about it . But apart from that it was a new experience and kinda fun . 

NOTE : It's like the frog rain in DS , it follows the player so if you are away from your camp you can save it .

There are a lot of snakes, yeah, but I haven't gotten them in the problematic amount you have. What kind of island were you on?

There is an easy way to avoid palm tree guard's attacks, you kind of have to think outside of the box. You'll get it eventually.

Just to be clear, I am not referring to their ranged coconut attack which is very easy to dodge. I'm referring to their arm sweep attack.  It seems as though it reaches a bit too far.  I like the concept of these new tree guards though; the tree guards in the vanilla game are WAY too easy to kill.

Volcano season is no fun at all. You can do nothing but run / sail away nearly every day. And if one meteor hits you ... you are probably dead. Please rethink this season, monsoon season was already tough (damn poison mosquitoes everywere) but this is just too hard in my opinion.

Otherwise this DLC is already very great, thanks Klei and Capy

Volcano season is no fun at all. You can do nothing but run / sail away nearly every day. And if one meteor hits you ... you are probably dead. Please rethink this season, monsoon season was already tough (damn poison mosquitoes everywere) but this is just too hard in my opinion.

Otherwise this DLC is already very great, thanks Klei and Capy

I believe life jacket helps. I really like it the way it is now...

Speaking about balance...

I feel like Pirate Hat is too cheap... Silk cost should be increased to at least 2.

Captain's Hat could use the increase in Seaweed cost too.

I believe life jacket helps. I really like it the way it is now...

Speaking about balance...

I feel like Pirate Hat is too cheap... Silk cost should be increased to at least 2.

Captain's Hat could use the increase in Seaweed cost too.

I don't like that season at all. Three days of meteor rain in a row are just too much for my taste. Sometimes its just luck if a meteor hits you or not. If you are on land the meteors are destroying everything and on sea its also hard to manage not to die.

I find the volcano waves pretty unbalanced.You have to be on the run for an entire season. You have some space to run back to your base in the begining but in the end of season its going freakin crazy. Also dont pick the Volcano Staff, coz the game just tries to kill you after that, there s no other explenation. It spawned a volcano erruption when I did and I had like 15 waves of falling rocks one after the other that after a while it was just not survivable in any possible way. I was running in the middle of  the sea with an armored boat for 3 days blindly dodging a tidal wave attack in all directions until i got tired of that crap and went and stood still in godmode in an island to see when this instakilling rain will end. I was there watching my character causing chaos in all its surroundings with the falling rock shower for about 4 days or so. I dont know if theres any way to dodge this, like make offerings to the volcano or something coz i havent found it in my map yet but if not this is just freakin broken.

On other topics poison is a horror if you consider how easily you can be poisoned(snakes from tree cutting, and all the mosquitos in the world during spring) and how difficult it is to find a venom gland expecialy during the early survival stages.

Monkeys are not that mutch of a problem for me since you can burn their nests with a torch and they wont even care. You can slowly clear the rest of them after that but i agree they need something like a range leash so they wont follow you everywhere.

Lastly the sandbags need to be fixed in what they actualy cover from soaking coz the first time i had spring i didnt know and had water all over with mosquitos spawning constantly and the next one i built a wall of sandbags that they were supposed to soak the water bt i had the exact same result...

Here's a picture of me standing still counting time for the volcano attack to end. Every little whole in the ground is a killing boulder. Now tell me thats survivable...

post-231049-0-28497000-1449359217_thumb.

Limpets and seaweed should have their nutrition values severely nerfed.  They way they are now, their isn't much need for fishing of any kind.  Also, the 3 ice one monster meat recipe for meatballs should be removed as it is very easy to exploit during the hail season.

I think it would make sense to have some kind of structure as a counter measure to volcanic showers.  Perhaps something involving brain coral, living logs, obsidian and gems that would create a force field around an area similar to that of the ice flingomatic.  It  should obviously be somewhat difficult to craft due to its purpose, and also require you to fuel it.     

Yeahthe Palm treeguards are rough. Had two spawn on me. And they will NOT stop pursuing me unless I leave the island entirely. But then when I come back... they slooowly come for me on the opposite end... seems a little overkill. but i will keep trying.

palm guards are too easy to kill get  an armor kite and kill..their hp is really low. dont run away in the game.

@Marmalogre

That picture is awesome. In this season DS feels more like a war game or something similar...  :mad-new: 

I would love to see less meteors and that these dont kill you directly. Its worst at night and when the fog starts.

Edit: I managed to survive the volcano season. I needed to backup my save and try it several times, the final wave of the season is pure horror I think. There are meteors every second, thats just too much.

Archived