Unending

Blewcheese

Lefay looked through the book.

"....Recipes........and blueprints............weird. There's a note here to avoid looking at the last chapter tho, stuck to the table of contents.....some of this other stuff might help improve our chances of survival, though."

Meanwhile, as darkness overcame Woodie and Corthias, Woodie took out a torch and lit it.

"Eh......I can't really say. Normal doesn't mean much around here, eh. It's dark out. Probably 'ought to be heading back to camp right 'bout now."

Mina cast a glance at Fid. "Maaaaaaaaayybe. Hehehe."

"Recipes? BORING!" Mina crossed her arms and pouted, but perked up when she heard the last part. "A mysterious note instructing to avoid the last chapter? 

Let's look at the last chapter then!" She reached for the book with eyes gleaming like a child trying to grasp a treat from the hands of their older sibling.

• Developer

"Come now Mina, let's analyse this more thoroughly, shall we? If there's a note in a mysterious book telling us not to read the last chapter then maybe it'd be for the best if we, oh... you know... DIDN'T read the last chapter?" Mark said, approaching the two. "There's a reason this note is there in the first place."

"You'll thank me for this later on, Mina. Trust me."

Lefay walked back over to Mark, sat down, finished the carrots and laid down, trying to get some rest.

(Just a serious warning. If Mina does look at the last chapter of that book, bad things will definitely happen to her. Not even joking.)

Edited by Silentdarkness1

Vilsig "meanwhiles" into the future so the plot can progress.

While his 'friends' lie sleeping, Vilsig slinks into the darkness, quietly dragging himself towards the agreed meeting spot. He stabs himself a rabbit, and drags it along with him. He smiles as he drinks up its terror, then tosses the empty corpse aside and continues on his way.

Fid (who was staying up all night) took close note of the direction Vilsig took off in... He would have followed him but he was put in charge of keeping the fire going. So he went over to go wake Lefay and pointed to the direction Vilsig left. He whispered, "That creepy music note went in that direction... I feel like someone should keep an eye on him, no?"

Lefay sighed, and sat up. She whispered back, "<I'll take care of it. Stay back with the others.>"

She carefully got up, and put some of the nightmare fuel in her eyes. It stung painfully, her eyes tinging jet-black. She struggled through the pain and blinked a few times. When it had passed, however, the encroaching darkness was far less impenetrable. She could see through it, although her headache was more pronounced. She carefully followed after Vilsig, keeping out of sight.

[inventory]

• Axe
  • Purple Gem Fragments(6)
  • Stinger(6)
  • Honey(3)
  • Nightmare Fuel(3)
  • Tome from a Friend

(Let's not spoil Vilsig yet. That's pretty much the end of an entire plotline.)

Vilsig notices Lefay following him rather quickly. He waits to reach a spot where he is out of Lefay's sight for a moment, then burrows into the roots of a tree, vanishing from sight in the darkness.

(Actually, it wouldn't be. It would only be a plotline zipping forward a bit.)

Lefay was already well out of earshot by the time Judas lept up, however. Lefay stopped and looked around, eventually realizing she had lost Vilsig. Unbeknownst to her, however, Mistaria slowly crept out of the ground behind her, having changed form to some sort of thin, shadowy monster, claws fully extended, and lowered them, grabbing her neck from behind. She was left unable to scream before she could so much as react, Mistaria pulling her off of her feet and turning her around. It was blisteringly painful to her sanity just to look at him.

"That is extremely dissapointing, Lefay. I would think that you would know better than to go running off into the dark like that. Why tempt Charlie? It would be a tragedy if you died....."

"ghk....w........why......are you.......why are you doing this?....g....ghah......."

Mistaria chuckled.

"Relax. I'm not going to hurt you much. You have lost so much of your memory, my dear Lefay. I fear that you will have to have all your memories brought back to the forefront, if you are going to fulfill Their grand designs."

"m....memories?......w....who are......who are.....they?......*cough*.........."

Mistaria leaned in close.

"Now now, I can't go spoiling everything for you yet. While the rest of your friends will fight....and struggle.....for their very lives, you will be in for something completely different. Your fate is tied in very heavily with the one called Maxwell. I know, none of this makes any sense to you, does it? Fear not, in time, the darkness that clouds your mind and steals your thoughts and memories will evaporate and vanish. And when this time comes, you will be ready to fulfill your destiny."

Lefay choked and grabbed a hold of Mistaria's claws, trying to pull herself free. It was no use, however.

"B...but...w...what would you want of me?........................nngh....................<can't.....breathe.....>......"

"Don't fuss too hard about this. In due time, you will know what is wanted of you. For now, I have one singular task for you. Seek to recover the memories you have lost. Do everything you would normally do to ensure your survival, and the survival of your 'friends'. But, you should look to restore your memories. I will restore *some* of them, but the rest....is up to you."

Mistaria released his claws from Lefay's throat, and wrapped them around her mouth instead. He locked his eyes on her, a powerful burst of energy seeping into her mind. She let out a very muffled scream, the very fabric of her mind twisting, seemingly. Some locked away memories returned to her mind, although the pain was so intense that they were blurry and unrecognizable. Once it was done, Mistaria let go of Lefay, and wrapped his claws around her shoulders. Lefay's eyes were dead and dull, as she lost control of her senses. After a few moments, her shoulders sagged, and she slowly walked back to the camp. As soon as she was back at camp, she slowly walked back into the light of the campfire, the same dead look in her eyes. Meanwhile, Mistaria continued walking, sighing and shrugging.

"Vilsig, you incompetent fool. I hope you get the full understanding out of this. This is the first and last time I give you instructions this complicated."

Edited by Silentdarkness1

Fid gets up and turns to Lefay. "You're back rather soon... Are you ok?" Fid notices the dead look in her face. "What did that freak do to you?" Fid pulls out his bat and presses a button. *KSHUNK* The blade popped out of the front of his bat.

Vilsig sighs in relief.  "O͏h,͟ t̵han͝k g̶oo̸dn̛e͘ss҉.͏ ͡I w̨ou̷ld ̵ha͡v͡e ̢pa̶s̡se̸d ou̡t if Ì ̨had̷ ̶tried̀ ͠to͡ ͠compr̷eh͞e͝n̕d any̷t͝hin̡g̷ ̢mo̶re͠ c͞o͠m͞plex."  He says in a mocking tone.  "I͏'m ̶not̀ he҉r͠e ̀t҉o͜ list̨en ̢t͏o͝ y͡ou͜.̀ ͝I'm͞ ̶he̵r̨e to l͢įśte҉n t̡o y͞our͞ ̵Coùnci͟l. ́ ̡S͢o̢ get͟ ͝o͝n̶ w͟i͝t̷h ͢it."

Lefay suddenly gasped in pain. Her eyes rolled back, and she weakly groaned, before collapsing and falling to the ground, face-first. Mistaria scoffed.

"Keep that attitude up, and I won't help you in the least. The least you can do is at least TRY to make sure you're not being followed ahead of time."

Judas looked down at the unconscious Lefay, though breathed of relief when she twitched. He turned to Fid."What in the devils name is that?" Judas asked, eyeing Fid's bat from a distance. Was it supposed to be a club of sorts? How could it be so small? 

"Whatever happened she's out cold and there's nothing we can do. There's no way we can find Vilsig in the dark, so we'll have to wait till, or if, he comes back and ask him if he knows what happened. Even though if he had anything to do with it he wouldn't tell us, so..." Mina scratched her head. "Yeah I'm not one for coming up with plans. Point is there's nothing we can do until she wakes up or Vilsig comes back."