Unending

Blewcheese

• Developer

(Fid told me he'll have to work all day from now, so he probably won't be able to reply here today, : P)

Fid and Mark made their way back to base, Mark proceeded to drop the things he picked next to the others, he had acquired 23 twigs; 23 cut grass and 18 berries.

Mark looked at the others and couldn't help but notice the lack of Lefay's presence. "Well, I'd say we got a pretty nice number of... hey... where's Lefay, eh?" He asked, curious of the woman's whereabouts.

Edited by ImDaMisterL

"She left...she said she doesn't trust me."  Vilsig says.  "But now that you're back, I can go hunting!"

With a disgusting noise that sounds like a combination of nails on a chalkboard and a meat grinder, two more spindly legs burst out of his side.  They are covered in a thin, transparent film, which he quickly tears up and eats.  Without waiting to hear the remarks of the others, he skitters off like a spider in search of food.

"Oh, yeah, about that, Lefay decided to leave to figure some things out about herself. She told me to give you two these." She pulled out the letters and handed one to each of them, then realizing she accidentally got them mixed up crossed her arms to switch them around. "Oopsy." She stuck her tongue out playfully.

• Developer

Mark took the letter Mina handed to him, he was weirded out by what Vilsig had just done, who knew he had more legs? And what was the thing he just ATE that were on his legs? And that horrible sound... well, now wasn't the time for him to comment on that, no matter how bizarre it all was.

"Thank you..." He eyed the letter a little more. "So... she left.. do you think she'll be alright out there by herself? Did she leave any clue as to where she was going? What if something happens and she needs our help?" Mark asked quickly and worriedly.

Edited by ImDaMisterL

Mina stared blankly at Vislig as he sprouted new limbs. After he left she lifted a finger opened her mouth to remark, but closed it again and folded her finger. She shook her hand and turned back to Mark. "Yes I think so. She has that book with her so I'll think she'll be alright. Nope; she didn't even know where she was going. I told her she could come back any time she needs to, but for now she's on her own. Maybe she said something in those letters. Read them already."

(Whoops.)

The letter to Mark read:

"Mark,

I'm sorry, but I have to leave. I can't risk hanging around here any more. I feel as if simply being near Vilsig saps my sanity and my will. I need to depart. I would not demand that you do the same, but I would hope that you would at least consider the possibility of coming along with me. You were the first person I met after losing my memory, and you showed me a generous kindness that jostled my memory, bringing some lost memories back. Good memories.

Perhaps one day I will return to the camp, bringing forth a wide variety of items that would be beneficial to both of us. I already left Mina with instructions on how to make a decent bladed weapon. I hope this will be enough.

-Lefay"

"Oh yeah! The instructions!" She took the spear blueprints out of her pocket and handed them to him. "I already have a weapon, so this would be more useful for you." After a second of pause, she smirked mischievously. "You know... that letter was kind of sweeeet~" She teased with a nudge of her elbow.

Fid (completely disgusted by what vilsig just did) pauses a few moments before slowly reaching for the letter Mina was handing him... "ugh... I absolutely hate spiders..." Fid unfolds the letter and reads it to himself. (I'm going to need a PM or reply here from silent to know what it says though. )

(Oh god.  Please tell me a love triangle between Mark, Rain and Lefay isn't going to be an actual arc.)

Vilsig finds himself in a field full of rabbit holes.  He approaches one of the dwellings, and peers into the shallow pit.  "Come̵ o̕n͢ ou͢t̢.͝.̕."  He hisses, driving his first leg (an appendage shaped like a curved spear with a barbed end) into it.  He pulls out a plump, wriggling rabbit.

"Don't you worry.  It's for a good cause."  He says, taking his second leg and cleanly beheading it.  Peeling the skin off like pulling off a jacket, he swiftly makes a cut down its midsection, and tears out the organs.  As he starts to toss them into the rabbit hole, he pauses, getting a sudden flash of inspiration.  He eats the body parts, saving them for later.  Finally, he stabs the prepared rabbit on one of his legs like a shish-kebab, and walks to the next hole.

• Like 1

(Gotcha covered, Fidoop.)

The letter to Fid read the following:

"Dear Fid,

I can't stand things as they are anymore. I know Vilsig is up to something, and I can't prove it. So, rather than stick around and wait for the worst to happen, i've chosen the hard decision of leaving, and setting up camp somewhere on my own. I know this will seem rather sudden, but I need to do this. I need to come to a greater understanding of what's going on, and i'll never be able to do this surrounded by so many people.

I would never try and force you to come with me. But, the invitation is open if you want to chase after me. Just make sure that Vilsig isn't with you. Things will get ugly if I see him in my camp.

Thank you, Fid. I appreciate how you've been so understanding of how I feel. It means a lot to me.

-Lefay

P.S: Keep an eye on Vilsig. I'm sure he's up to something. If I were you, i'd stay cautious. Don't be too obvious about it, however."

(What can I say, Battal? Sometimes, stuff happens o3o )

Edited by Silentdarkness1

Meanwhile, Lefay went exploring. She could see a savannah off in the distance. Trying to remember what she needed, she went and harvested any tall grass tufts and saplings she came across, gathering sticks, twigs and seeds.

"Focus...........stay focused.......now.....maybe.....yeah. What I need now, are rocks...."

Inventory

• Axe
  • Purple Gem Fragments(5)
  • Honey
  • Paper
  • Quill Pen
  • Book From Strange Friends
  • Twigs(8)
  • Cut Grass(12)
  • Seeds(7)
Edited by Silentdarkness1

"Oh yummy! I'll get the fire started up so we can cook those bad boys; I'm starving!" As Mina went to pit some logs on the fire, a gust of cool fall wind caused her to shiver. She hadn't realized how soaked she had gotten from the rain; even her normally poofy hair had gone flat and sad from being weighed down with water. She shook her head rapidly like a dog to fling the water off, her hair poofing back out. If you listened closely you could swear you could hear a 'boing' sound as it did. After she finished lighting the fire, she took off her soaked jacket and hung it on a branch nearby to dry, revealing the scars on her arms.