Missing Set Pieces and Boons in DST

Can confirm there are no boons or set pieces or whatever the nomenclature is anymore.  I've done extensive testing changing the "fail survivor" attribute in world generation and could not create a single world with a set piece like a skeleton with random loot or a beefalo pen or an abandoned camp.

Traps are only fun when they affect the player and only the player. Winter/summer traps sucked because they punished everyone on the server. Newbies suck as it is. The possibility that they can ruin the game for everyone was just mind-bogglingly annoying.

But if the other set pieces are gone, such as the walking cane and miner's hat, that sucks. They are the main reason exploration is fun.

I hadn't really noticed it until you mentioned it, but now that you do, you're right... set pieces are few and far between. The last few worlds I've made, I think I've only found 2, maybe 3 at most. Usually I find a statue surrounded by flowers, and a small chess set on carpet/marble. I can't remember the last time I saw a Treeguard forest, the rook with the backpack/honey poultice, Beefalo pen, Tallbird fort, Fire/Ice Staff with hounds, etc.

Getting rid of the winter/summer traps makes sense (for public servers anyway)... I agree we need the other ones back though. They added some extra interest to an otherwise bland landscape. I know lots of folks are concerned about WX and gears, for example, and having more of the chess set set pieces back would help with that. I don't understand why we lost the skeletons though, those were a fun surprise to stumble upon.

And what about the more "natural" kind... maybe I'm blind, but are we missing mushroom rings and Totally Normal trees as well?

I've seen mushroom rings, both red and green, I'm willing to assume blue ones still exist.  I've also seen Totally Normal trees as well, so those still exist as well.

I don't like missing the rest though, it makes one game very like the next.  (and I prefer diversity in play)

The Reed Trap setpiece is still in dst. I used deerclops to clear our all the tentacles.  @Clwnbaby, and me also used weather pains to clear them out, and lemme say that it was pretty fun!

I'm guessing this was over a month ago because I haven't seen the reed trap in at least a couple months and have played in many worlds. 

The Reed Trap setpiece is still in dst. I used deerclops to clear our all the tentacles.  @Clwnbaby, and me also used weather pains to clear them out, and lemme say that it was pretty fun!

I know the trap is still in DST.

What I don't know... is why devs like to play the game with jerks like you and Flare. No offence btw.

Was there a point to that comment XirmiX?  (beyond snark that is)  I'm having a hard time figuring out how that was germane to the issue of missing set-pieces/boons.

No offence, btw.

The anonymity of the internet makes it easy to forget that a good portion of the people we interact with are children. This behavior is bewildering except in light of the realization that XirmiX is likely just some 14 year old kid. You can't expect much. 

The anonymity of the internet makes it easy to forget that a good portion of the people we interact with are children. This behavior is bewildering except in light of the realization that XirmiX is likely just some 14 year old kid. You can't expect much. 

Pfft. No, I am not 14, I'm 16. Don't turn this into a flame war though!

What I don't know... is why devs like to play the game with jerks like you and Flare. No offence btw.

I agree with Xirmix on this part. And there's no need for a flamewar.

Ontopic:

I stumbled upon 0 skeleton setpieces in the last couple of months. It's strange, and a fix would be great.

Did anyone else also notice that Touch Stones also don't spawn more then 3 per world?, Their setting is broken just like Set pieces and no matter how much you set, they will still occur no more or less then 3 or 1 per world, No Warrior Pigs either because they occur as a Set Piece as well.

And this bug has occurred since the New UI Update, I've tested it, I have versions before V142718 and in them Set pieces occur properly.

Comet settings are kinda messed up as well, sometimes no Comet Strike zone occur.

and also I forgot, your recent Update has bugged the Key Change options, Mouse Clicks don't work anymore and you have to use keyboard to select Key Binding Options, Please fix that as well,

Cheers! :wickerbottomthanks: 

Archived