Is it true that Don't Starve: Ship Wrecked

Thank you for commenting on our feedback .

Now here is the main reason I want it as DLC = I want to experience the wind , hail and all the new seasonal changes into ROG , into the normal world and have all new features added to the old one like ROG did . When everything is put together the game will become full with possibilities for the player to chose . Not to mention when so many content are added in one game it will be more harder more bosses more challenging .

I think we would all agree to wait a bit more (even a lot more) or to pay more if there's the possibility to play Shipwrecked in the original game, as I said, it would be amazing. 

Hope indeed, but as it will probably stay a standalone, I will still feel disappointed and sad about it, not about its content but about the inability to play both at the same time.

But if there's a slight chance to make it a dlc, please oh please do it.  

But do not trust hope, it has forsaken these lands. 

How about this for if you guys make Shipwrecked Dlc (not forcing you but please do it), Keep the Sunken Ship but take out Wolly and the debris you give to him, have the boat be repaired (boards? idk, get creative!) and float on the water when it is finished and work as a sinkhole to the SW world

And side idea, if you want to keep true to the Wrecked part of Shipwrecked, how about the ship sinking beyond repair (only on the first time so it doesnt get annoying) once you reach an island and you either have to find another sunken ship or craft one that serves the same purpose but back to base DS. 

Longest run on sentence ever i know :/

Given that the balance issues mainly have to do with the design of the world (Islets vs. Supercontinent) perhaps if people want to see it integrated there could be a way to travel between each as a new world, like the current Wooden Thing system.

Maybe there could be both the Wooden Thing and Driftwood Thing on each map with their own collection of Things to assemble to leave the world.

Given that the balance issues mainly have to do with the design of the world (Islets vs. Supercontinent) perhaps if people want to see it integrated there could be a way to travel between each as a new world, like the current Wooden Thing system.

Maybe there could be both the Wooden Thing and Driftwood Thing on each map with their own collection of Things to assemble to leave the world.

Like Chris 1488 said, repairing the sunken boat could work as the new Teleporter Thing. 

Or even a special wormhole on a unique beach biome located on the main continent which would teleport you to the Shipwrecked "world", everything will be better than not being able to access it, for Wolly's sake.  

And about the water design issue, if Shipwrecked acts like a complete new world like the caves I don't really see a problem between the different seastyles.

After all, we don't know how wide the world of Don't Starve is, so there could be different kind of seas like on Earth (dark huge waves in a Moby **** style around the old continent, placid and tropicals seas around Shipwrecked), Shiprekt's location could be far far away from the old classic continent (hence the use of a kind of teleporter, which would also help for the world generation caves-like).   

Tbh, as a DLC for both vanilla DS and RoG version is what would satisfy most people. Since, most of us can agree that it's better for it to add to the original experince and not replace it. So for those who don't have/don't like RoG could still play Vanilla version of Shipwrecked and those who do like and do have RoG could play with both DLCs active. Even as a DLC that would work only for RoG would satisfy more people than it being a standalone game, I bet. Though it does not seem impossible to make two versions of that DLC, so the more compatibility, the better!

All of the new game mechanics that have been in development for quite some time make this impossible. They're much too far in development to make this happen. A DLC was never promised, Xirmix, it's just kind of what we expected. miracles tho

Shipwrecked DLC!

Oh... :grin:

But do indeed make it a DLC. Since you promised it as a DLC and not a standalone game in the first place, it is better to introduce it as a DLC. Thanks for the consideration, and sorry for the flame, now I see why you wanted it as a standalone game, but still, DLC pls. Even if it takes you forever to do this, many of us would appreciate it if you put in the effort. So keep up the good work and we'll be waiting... for a DLC, not a standalone game.

Where did you see it being promised as a DLC? Even the pinned post says it's an expansion. Although many other games "expansions" were literally also DLC.

Where did you see it being promised as a DLC? Even the pinned post says it's an expansion. Although many other games "expansions" were literally also DLC.

It was advertised as a single player expansion, which is actually somewhat misleading as what it seems everyone assumed from that was that it would be an expansion upon the already existing base game. It's not a lie to make it it's own expansion, though. I wish it was more cleanly stated that they were making it a standalone experience from the very beginning.

It was advertised as a single player expansion, which is actually somewhat misleading as what it seems everyone assumed from that was that it would be an expansion upon the already existing base game. It's not a lie to make it it's own expansion, though. I wish it was more cleanly stated that they were making it a standalone experience from the very beginning.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

This. All the ranting and shouting and crying and babbling and stuttering and not-so-bad-versions-of-the-stuff-I-just-said are essentially trying to say this.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

This. All the ranting and shouting and crying and babbling and stuttering and not-so-bad-versions-of-the-stuff-I-just-said are essentially trying to say this.

yea but it will be way better if it would be a DLC

This sounds like people complaining about how multiplayer isn't in Don't Starve but its own game all together. You're all quick to dismiss things when you don't get a hands on try of it, aren't you all? Give it time, give it patience. Klei has earned my trust through the countless quality products they've made like Mark of the Ninja, Shank, and even Invisible, Inc. If they made a decision like this, they made it for a reason. Will they change it in the future? Maybe. Will I trust their decision right now thinking this might work out better? I will.

I may be a bit disappointed somewhat that this isn't actually a part of the main game, but I'm not going to drop it like a hot potato. We shall see how thing whole thing develops. And if there's anything that Klei isn't, it isn't deaf. They do listen to the fans. Don't Starve wouldn't be the game it is without the fans suggestions and opinions. But remember, Klei is ultimately the final say in all this. We can merely suggest, give opinions.

So I'm still waiting for my Don't Starve: Shipwrecked experience. Just with some different expectations now.

This sounds like people complaining about how multiplayer isn't in Don't Starve but its own game all together. You're all quick to dismiss things when you don't get a hands on try of it, aren't you all? Give it time, give it patience. Klei has earned my trust through the countless quality products they've made like Mark of the Ninja, Shank, and even Invisible, Inc. If they made a decision like this, they made it for a reason. Will they change it in the future? Maybe. Will I trust their decision right now thinking this might work out better? I will.

I may be a bit disappointed somewhat that this isn't actually a part of the main game, but I'm not going to drop it like a hot potato. We shall see how thing whole thing develops. And if there's anything that Klei isn't, it isn't deaf. They do listen to the fans. Don't Starve wouldn't be the game it is without the fans suggestions and opinions. But remember, Klei is ultimately the final say in all this. We can merely suggest, give opinions.

So I'm still waiting for my Don't Starve: Shipwrecked experience. Just with some different expectations now.

Yes we should all trust and agree blindly with Klei's decisions without discussing it, and whip all kind of disappointment out of our mind for it is a sin to question their deeds. 

Nobody wanted to dismiss or boycott Shipwrecked, it was not mere flaming, but we tried to show our disappointment and tried to propose solutions, but I had the impression that we couldn't find an ear. 

And Shipwrecked is a complete different case from Together.  I wasn't disappointed when DST was annonced as a standalone, but Shipwrecked yes, and I still am. Because in my opinion SW content could have (without those technical hardships) been part of the original gameplay, it would still have been coherent, unlike a multiplayer mode.  

I would add this other possibility: there could be one or more random boats spawned in the shorelines of the current worlds, interact with them and the game will generate a new map with the Shipwrecked content with the player being transported on the new world, similar to how Sinkholes are integrated in the base game and they generate a new world with different new content in comparison to the surface world. 

This way players could bring stuff back and forth from the tropical worlds, or settle permanent bases there while still having access to the current base game, Caves&Ruins and RoG content at the same time.

There could be a world toggle as mentioned in the quote, for the Shipwrecked content, just like there is a sinkhole toggle at the world creation screen.

This would work as well. I just think the tropical islands are a bit too different to just be stumbled upon on the main part. Also, I think the boat that brought you to the tropical islands would only be used for moving back and forth between worlds, as I think getting a free boat for Shipwrecked content takes some of it away? I mean it looked as if part of the fun was crafting your own. 

I'm not dropping it like a hot potato, either, but people had their expectations raised way up and dropped because of the nature in which it was presented. Keywords, again: single player expansion. I know that whatever Klei produces is going to be phenomenal in quality however they decide to go about it, but what shipwrecked is going to be and what we believed it to be are two entirely different things. The reaction probably wouldn't have been as violent as it was if "stand alone expansion" was stated in the trailer's description or somewhere equally visible.

Edit: I really need to proofread my stuff

I will not buy Shipwrecked.

I will not help people mod Shipwrecked.

I will not use this forum anymore once Shipwrecked releases.

That is my feedback.

Don't be a baby. Of course you will play it either by buying or pirating it, the curiosity will torment you.

[...]

P.S.: I never said that I was disappointed, I just didn't see the reason for it. I should have thought of SW having started as a crude game modification rather than a proper DLC.

[...], and whip all kind of disappointment out of our mind for it is a sin to question their deeds. 

[...] but we tried to show our disappointment and tried to propose solutions,[...]

I wasn't disappointed when DST was annonced as a standalone, but Shipwrecked yes, and I still am. [...]

Now I feel mildly offended. :razz:

EDIT: I clarified why.

Now I feel mildly offended. :razz:

EDIT: I clarified why.

Oh come on don't overanalyze forum posts please, the use of "our" was quite impersonal here, meaning "many people including me", because I don't think I was the only one disappointed by it being a standalone, that's why I used "our". I hadn't the pretention to speak in the name of everybody.

But now that the "crisis" is over, maybe everybody is going to say that they never doubted one second Klei's decisions and motivations. 

Anyway, it's over Johnny, I personally was disappointed (and still am) that it was a standalone because I thought (and still think) there were no viable reason to do so, my dissatisfaction I've been heard, Klei took notice of it, end of the crisis. 

All of the new game mechanics that have been in development for quite some time make this impossible. They're much too far in development to make this happen. A DLC was never promised, Xirmix, it's just kind of what we expected. miracles tho

So, you're saying it's impossible to replace and expand the original generation of the sea to the Shipwrecked version? That sounds like nonsense to me.

Archived