Game Update - 142578 / Hotfix 142718 - 7/10/2015

dstwoodie.jpg
Changes

• Woodie has been added back to the game with several notable changes:
    • Transforms into a Werebeaver when his beaver meter drops below 25
    • Transforms back into Woodie when his beaver meter fills up
    • Chopping trees drains his beaver meter, while eating wood replenishes it
    • As a Werebeaver, gnawing on workable objects also replenishes his beaver meter
    • Sanity drains faster in Werebeaver mode
    • Woodie gains a sanity bonus from planting trees
    • When transforming into a Werebeaver, any equipped items except backpacks are dropped (backpack and inventory are not dropped but cannot be accessed)
    • If Lucy is lost or abandoned, she will take over a new axe the next time Woodie performs a chopping action
    • Woodie’s beard provides insulation, but cannot be shaved
  • Improved visibility of ghost facial features when bloom setting is enabled
  • To prevent accidents with button mashing, there is now a one second delay before controllers will target your own followers for combat
  • Server browser: changed "friend-hosted" to "friends playing" so you can see more of your friends online from this screen. These games automatically sort to the top.
  • Servers: Added ability to associate or restrict your server to a specific Steam group. Clients will have servers for their Steam groups sorted to the top and can filter on them. More information for admins HERE.
  • Several kinds of objects in the world will slowly regrow or replenish over time. For this initial pass, that includes carrots, flowers, trees, and rabbit holes. Note that this will partially work on existing save games, but the world must be regenerated from scratch for full effect.
  • Slightly increased overall brightness during dusk. It just doesn't need to be that dark

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug where certain actions can be performed while player is busy
  • Fixed bug where cursor disappears when text field is empty
  • Fixed bug where controllers are unable to plant items from the backpack
  • Fixed bug where controllers continue to scroll crafting tabs after the crafting menu is closed
  • Fixed bug where science and alchemy machine prototyping sounds sometimes do not stop
  • Fixed crash after Wes receives three resurrection penalties
  • Plant meat can be cooked once again
  • Rotten eggs no longer disappear in Ice Boxes
  • Added an extra layer to player characters to properly support larger back items like the One Man Band.
  • Fixed some window resizing issues: Clicking the top bar will not resize the window to a default size, aspect ratio is correctly maintained when resizing and going back and forth to fullscreen. 
  • Button hitboxes are no longer offset after coming back from fullscreen
  • Feather fan no longer warms you up if you're freezing.

[uPDATE] Hotfix - 142627 - 7/9/2015

Bug Fixes

• Fixed crash sometimes when haunting Pig Heads and Merm Heads
  • Fixed crash sometimes when chopping with Woodie
  • Fixed rare crash in desolationspawner
  • Fixed bug with impact sound effects in the rain

[uPDATE] Hotfix - 142718 - 07/10/2015

Changes

• Werebeaver now has 25% damage absorption
  • Werebeaver now has inherent moisture resistance

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed crash in Hound Mound spawning during winter

Keep your friends close, and your enemies the heck off your server!

With Steam groups you now have more tools available to you to build and maintain communities of trusted players to play with. 

As an administrator or officer of a Steam group, you can now set your Don't Starve Together Server to only allow members of your Steam group; or just associate your server with a group so other members can easily find worlds that they would like to play on. 

With associated community features such as events, chat, announcements, forums and member administration; Steam groups will allow group admins, server admins and group members to hang out and have fun.

We have set up a steam group subforum here and on steam on the official forums, please feel free to start up a Steam group, setup your community how you feel is best; Or, find groups that you think fit your playstyle and let us know about it!

More info here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/55994-server-admin-associate-your-server-with-a-steam-group/

If Lucy is lost or abandoned, she will take over a new axe the next time Woodie performs a chopping action

AWE!  does that mean we're not gonna have a bunch of unlimted axes all over the place. Gal dang it.  was totally looking forward to exploiting that.

this is awesome, thanks so much for the new dusk illumination.

there is a little glitch with the new lucy's mechanics, when lucy is in your inventory you can use a regular axe but if you left lucy and use the regular axe, the new regular axe (old lucy) will have 100% of durability, then every player will be able to give a low % axe to woodie, then woodie can regain the durability of the regular axe totally free. if there is a woodie in the game, everyone will have infinite axes.

Last thing: the rate of sanity drain in beaver mode is excessive, of curse is my opinion but there is no much time to do something useful in beaver mode, and the shadow creatures are too weak against woodie, maybe it could be an easy way to get nigthmare fuel, maybe if woodie not be able to see the criatures in beaver mode...

@Rily, to clarify, turning an axe into Lucy does not repair it.  It will revert to it's original percentage when transforming back.

Ok, maybe it was a little bug, I repair some axes with this glitch but now has gone, Thanks

Updated with hotfix notes:

[uPDATE] Hotfix - 142627 - 7/9/2015
Bug Fixes

• Fixed crash sometimes when haunting Pig Heads and Merm Heads
  • Fixed crash sometimes when chopping with Woodie
  • Fixed rare crash in desolationspawner
  • Fixed bug with impact sound effects in the rain

shadow beasts arent a threat to werebeaver.. u can just outrun them with ease since you dont have darkness, hunger, or other factors involved. maybe force woodie to revert back to human form and unable to transform to werebeaver at 0 sanity.

shadow beasts arent a threat to werebeaver.. u can just outrun them with ease since you dont have darkness, hunger, or other factors involved. maybe force woodie to revert back to human form and unable to transform to werebeaver at 0 sanity.

Sounds good, but the sanity drain will have to be decreased for that.

A few notes about the new Woodie that might not be working exactly as intended:

His new unshaveable beard gives him a little insulation in winter, but it also harms his insulation in summer. Unlike Wilson's beard, he can't shave it, so this is a moderate penalty in summer. (not sure if this was intended)

In werebeaver form he has no way to deal with wetness. In single-player he was simply immune to it, so considering that he's now "vulnerable" to temperature, but instead gets 240s of both summer and winter insulation, it seems like a similar treatment should probably be used for wetness (e.g. an umbrella's worth of wetness resistance, 70%). The wetness doesn't really cause problems for sanity (he's got 1.5 sanity draining per second anyway, and wetness tops out at 2 per minute), but it does seem dangerous for temperature.

Now that he keeps health/sanity while a werebeaver, and lost all of his intrinsic damage absorption (used to be 80%, and took from the log meter instead), the werebeaver is actually really frail, and has no way to heal up (can't eat normal foods for healing, can't access inventory). Except eating living logs... for a paltry 2 health. As for how to solve this... before the log meter was his health, but letting it drain was the way to return to being Woodie (and coming back with little health left). Leaving him frail after transforming back doesn't seem necessary anymore because he can die as the werebeaver, so perhaps eating things with woodiness should just heal him as well?

• To prevent accidents with button mashing, there is now a one second delay before controllers will target your own followers for combat

would it be possible to have this put to the settings? I feel that experienced players would prefer to not be penalised with an artificial penalty, where other people whom would appreciate it could adjust it accordingly?

Finally! AN Update! Though I will say, I was expecting a bit more... (and by "a bit" I mean a lot. Although, you probably DID do more and just don't want us to know about it yet) That said, I have a few questions and "things to say" regarding this update.

dstwoodie.jpg

Okay, first I was slightly skeptical about the idea of Woody eating wood in human form, but now that I look at that picture, I'm Up Top for it.

• Server browser: changed "friend-hosted" to "friends playing" so you can see more of your friends online from this screen. These games automatically sort to the top.

Does this enable you to see your friend-hosted servers, even when they're not in their own servers at the time or not?

• Several kinds of objects in the world will slowly regrow or replenish over time. For this initial pass, that includes carrots, flowers, trees, and rabbit holes. Note that this will partially work on existing save games, but the world must be regenerated from scratch for full effect.

Does that include Flint? Though, I would still suggest that dropped, unstacked seeds should grow into stuff if not picked by anyone (players) or anything (birds, pigs etc.) as that would make more sense and would get rid of that rot problem in the world. If not, well then you might as well have rot be generated at the beginning of the world, cause that will make more sense, but will make things OP, as rot is free fertilizer and free fuel.

• Fixed bug where science and alchemy machine prototyping sounds sometimes do not stop

Isn't that something that would happen to every machine, including Prestihatitator and Shadow Manipulator?

• Added an extra layer to player characters to properly support larger back items like the One Man Band.

Extra backpack/torso slot?

Now that he keeps health/sanity while a werebeaver, and lost all of his intrinsic damage absorption (used to be 80%, and took from the log meter instead), the werebeaver is actually really frail, and has no way to heal up (can't eat normal foods for healing, can't access inventory). Except eating living logs... for a paltry 2 health. As for how to solve this... before the log meter was his health, but letting it drain was the way to return to being Woodie (and coming back with little health left). Leaving him frail after transforming back doesn't seem necessary anymore because he can die as the werebeaver, so perhaps eating things with woodiness should just heal him as well?

I was really hyped to see Woodie officially released in DST (and I was waiting to see it released in DST to try him because of the ???changes they were going to do back then)

Personally: Im disapointed. I wanted to use Woodie mainly for werebeaver his damage absorption/damage and because I was thinking that he would use the log meter instead of health.

DST Woodie atm? I didnt play him much because of that but: Werebeaver for combat..? Crappy!

Sounds like his advantage in DST is more using werebeaver to chop trees/grass/sapling/mine and not for combat. Meh, i'll pass.... :frown:

(I'll trade anytime for not being able to chop down grass/sapling/mine and more... to have his health and combat advantages back!) :chargrined:

Archived