"Stuck in the Middle with Ewe" -- Don't Starve Together Closed Beta Update 2

Wait, so what's the difference between Endless mode and Survival mode?

Endless is what you were playing before, except now there's a portal at the spawn point, and you can resurrect by haunting it, which applies a health penalty like receiving a telltale heart.

Survival has the portal, but you cannot revive with it. For each player ghost, every living player loses 5 sanity per minute (capped at 15 sanity per minute). If everyone dies, the world resets.

Oh my god, Wendy and Vargs! I have so many questions about how Wendy and Abigail play in Together!

For one thing, does Abigail stay "alive" after Wendy dies? Can Wendy still command her even as a fellow ghost?

How do other players interact with Abigail? What about based on whether the server is PvP or not? Do they instantly de-summon her if they attack her once, or does she maintain her normal HP values and slowly decrease on player hits not from Wendy?

I cannot wait to try out Wendy in Together! Her playstyle is the most fun to me, and I'm sure Abigail is going to be a huge asset for any team.

It's going to make losing Abigial stupidly to lone Tentacles all that much more humiliating; with the added bonus of endangering your team in addition to the usual endangerment of yourself! :grin:

Hello again forum.  I may have accidentally deleted my Jury-rigged Portal... does anyone know the name of the prefab, or how I can find out prefab names for myself? The wiki was no help and it's a bit difficult for me to search for it on here. :frown:

Hello again forum.  I may have accidentally deleted my Jury-rigged Portal... does anyone know the name of the prefab, or how I can find out prefab names for myself? The wiki was no help and it's a bit difficult for me to search for it on here. :frown:

You could try to search the game files, and search up "Portal", that could help.

But make sure to get something that can read .tex files (I recommend to search for Matt's Tex tools, they're really easy to use).

multiplayer_portal

Oh my god, Wendy and Vargs! I have so many questions about how Wendy and Abigail play in Together!

For one thing, does Abigail stay "alive" after Wendy dies? Can Wendy still command her even as a fellow ghost?

How do other players interact with Abigail? What about based on whether the server is PvP or not? Do they instantly de-summon her if they attack her once, or does she maintain her normal HP values and slowly decrease on player hits not from Wendy?

I cannot wait to try out Wendy in Together! Her playstyle is the most fun to me, and I'm sure Abigail is going to be a huge asset for any team.

It's going to make losing Abigial stupidly to lone Tentacles all that much more humiliating; with the added bonus of endangering your team in addition to the usual endangerment of yourself! :grin:

Abigail still keeps alive, even if you die.

@PirateCaptainDark, How did you end up with 3 eyebones exactly? Did they still have the eyebone in their inventory when they rejoined (in addition to the one that they dropped), or had you guys been spawning in eyebones to replace ones that got nabbed?

Although your friend can't see the shadow beasts, they can still mouse over them and attack them with ctrl+F. You can when you're not at completely full sanity, anyway.

Actually a weird glitch where upon leaving or dying, more than 1 eyebone drops from the player carrying it. Maybe because it's in the backpack?

I did a test and came up empty handed.

It might only work if there are other players in the server.

I'll have to run a test server with someone to run down a list of possibilities.

EDIT: That is, unless they've fixed it, but I just played last night after the hotfix

EDIT: Not that I'm aware of

@PirateCaptainDark, How did you end up with 3 eyebones exactly? Did they still have the eyebone in their inventory when they rejoined (in addition to the one that they dropped), or had you guys been spawning in eyebones to replace ones that got nabbed?

Although your friend can't see the shadow beasts, they can still mouse over them and attack them with ctrl+F. You can when you're not at completely full sanity, anyway.

When a person leaves the server, the eyebone drops. I guess when they join again, the eyebone appears in their inventory again but also on the ground.

Actually a weird glitch where upon leaving or dying, more than 1 eyebone drops from the player carrying it. Maybe because it's in the backpack?

I did a test and came up empty handed.

It might only work if there are other players in the server.

I'll have to run a test server with someone to run down a list of possibilities.

EDIT: That is, unless they've fixed it, but I just played last night after the hotfix

EDIT: Not that I'm aware of

It's possible they have fixed it, I have yet to retry after yesterday's session but if I do, I'll be sure to report here. 

It's possible they have fixed it, I have yet to retry after yesterday's session but if I do, I'll be sure to report here. 

Not to my knowledge because I was playing with a friend after the hotfix last night and when my friend died two eyebones dropped, plus there was still one in the backpack they had.

I'm the host, the server is a survival one, I'm not sure what conditions need to be met just yet.

But I tested it on my endless testing one and nothing happened so I'll have to make a survival testing server and if still nothing I'll need a friend there to help double check.

It's surely a strange one but thank god I've memorized the delete code so I can get rid of the spares.

Why am I only seeing this exists now. Is there a way to follow JoeW so I can see whenever he makes a topic?

Also, the Ewe reminds me of the pig from Eets Munchies!

You should check out this subforum more often.

Archived