Don't Starves PVP is going to be as intresting as two pigs fighting

The game isnt even out yet, changes will probably happen and even though Im not too pleased with dont starves combat system, a human player is going to be more interesting then a pig, which has high HP and timed attacks. People are going to act a lot different then AI right off the bat.

Fight like pigs!?!?!? I'm insulted man!

I shall put on the best armour in game, equip the best weapon in game and then proceed to run towards you. After I have finished running towards you, I shall stand right next to you and bash your head in repeatedly.

Feel free to exchange attacks. But I will win! I will be carrying many healing items, obviously the best healing items in the game.

I shall put on the best armour in game, equip the best weapon in game and then proceed to run towards you. After I have finished running towards you, I shall stand right next to you and bash your head in repeatedly.

Feel free to exchange attacks. But I will win! I will be carrying many healing items, obviously the best healing items in the game.

Alight, time to whip out the giants and the bell...

PvP at its worst will be exactly as you said. PvP at its best will be about creature management, something closer to Pikmin.

Expect to see late-game PvP server hosts saying something along the lines of "Good luck -- I'm behind 700 Rock Lobsters" when you join their servers.

PvP at its worst will be exactly as you said. PvP at its best will be about creature management, something closer to Pikmin.

Expect to see late-game PvP server hosts saying something along the lines of "Good luck -- I'm behind 700 Rock Lobsters" when you join their servers.

And then an otherwise unarmed Wickerbottom in just a Log Suit and Football Helmet uses On Tentacles 10 times on a patch of land until it's absolutely infested, and baits you into it. Then the hitstun is real. :p

well, I think players are smarter enough, so that they won't the exact same amount of time to try and hit the other player. There's many other ways that killing another player can be boring(the log suit thing or maxwell, for example). But what you seem to be missing is that when pigs fight, both sides are almost completely worthless and there's no difference in who wins. When the players are fighting, at the very least, the loser will become a ghost(which I have no knowledge of how it works to say anything about it, but I can assume there's some penaulty involved), and the winner will get all the loot, which can contain all kinds of valluables(As far as valluables go in this game)

Old Bell + Ice Staff. Rip everything freezable

FTFY

The title says it all. We are just going to be kiting each other

Well, no. First off, there is a ton of range weapons. Second, everyone´s huds are going to have to be looked after. For example, if one of the player´s sanity or hunger is down while fighting, it could change the fight completely. Third, the environment is a constant threat, such as temperatures, nightfall, mobs and giants will have always different and significant impacts on a fight.

So no, there are many other factors involved other than kiting, which will make fights extremely interesting and exciting .  

He of course will do this all within the first 3 days, which I would assume anyone silly enough to think Don't Starve was about PvP would commence in it.

There should NOT be servers that just go and go and go and go and go. It should be matchmaking style, so when you and your friends or strangers meet up in a lobby you all say I'm ready. Then you guys start a match, and once you guys are done playing, or everyone dies, it's over. Not some gay Rust style server, where someone who has honey poultice and tentacle spikes gallore can hunt down new comers. Of course what you mentioned is completely absurd, and I am beyond sure that Klei have already worked out the perfect way to have FUNCTIONING multiplayer that is balanced for all.

People seem to NOT like PVP.  If you don't like than just simply don't play it.  I don't think smart people who play don't starve are going to be like "TIME TO KILL EVERYONE RIGHT AWAY!".  The people are smart and work together.  UNLESS they are a troll.  Which is why I recommend playing with friends.  Killing each other is exciting BTW.  

Archived