The Way(Aka Praecantor 2)Speculations

Can anybody else hear Wilson while looking at the pic? (I know how that sounds, shut up)

Imagine him with the creepiest insane giggling. Poor guy, his brain's snapped. He hasn't slept in ages...

How do you enchant with a Mortar and Pestle?

There may be many steps to an enchantment. Make the paste so you can put it in the cauldron, smear/rub it on what you want to enchant, etc. And the tally mark 1 up there may mean the first step.  

Not neccessarily. Content updates for Reign of Giants are over. I'm figuring it will be an update for the base game.

Update? There will be no update, this is just lore (or at least, the last puzzle was).

Update? There will be no update, this is just lore (or at least, the last puzzle was).

What if that's a quiet lie? How is this lore, I don't understand.....this is after he's ended up in Maxwell's world...this is a hint towards a future update. I'm sure of it. Also, i'm going to make sure we have these pictures archived, @simplex

The title of the update really says it all: Where There's a Wilson, There's a Way.   A way what?  A way out or off of this world.  True, this notion can't easily be squared with other characters since they're not scientists, but so what?  You think Wolfgang would have the innate ability to craft an alchemy engine?  Webber?  Wilson is still the base character, and the story seems to proceed for and from him. And they really do need to play up his scientist angle as right now he has nothing unique about him related to science.   The other characters are incidental to the Wilson story. 

SO I say all evidence points to mad science and MAYBE a lunar world.

That's been bothering me for the longest time.  The self proclaimed "scientist" character can't seem to craft any special science gadgets or just craft them at a faster pace.  Wickerbotom is the only one who has an edge.  

Perhaps he is just some kind failure who can't stop trying and has suppressed his madness for too long under disguise of a gentleman.  Not just the default character because they needed one.  

Hopefully this puzzle will shed some light on that.    

Just throwing an idea from the previous thread.

The first panel in the second image changes from the first panel on the first page. If that makes sense. If you switch them back and forth, it looks like Wilson is actually moving his hand and head, like an animation.

I still think the rocket idea is the best so far

But this reminds me of when Wilson was making Maxwells door.

I think he may be using his "forgotten knowledge" on how to make maxwells door to make his own door

He must have found a way to change to location the door transports you to

I think he may be using his "forgotten knowledge" on how to make maxwells door to make his own door

As in escape! I did mention that last night, but I think in all the excitement it was unread or forgotten! i.e. I agree with your theory! =)

That's been bothering me for the longest time.  The self proclaimed "scientist" character can't seem to craft any special science gadgets or just craft them at a faster pace.  Wickerbotom is the only one who has an edge.  

Perhaps he is just some kind failure who can't stop trying and has suppressed his madness for too long under disguise of a gentleman.  Not just the default character because they needed one.  

Hopefully this puzzle will shed some light on that.    

Wilson is not a real scientist. He's a GENTLEMAN scientist. It basically mean's he's pretty rich (I would presume from some sort of inheritance from a relative in his case, or at least that's what I always imagined, seeing how he lives in a shack in the woods) and uses his money to do his own science. Unfortunately, he's not very good. Kevin stated that he's not accepted by the general scientific community as he believes in some sort of pseudoscience and magic, such as the blood magic he used to make the machine. This is also why he thinks that (or at least, something a while back suggested he did) things like the meat effigy were scientific, not magic.

Yes, he is a failure. But that doesn't mean he won't stop trying.

This. I like this better than the whole TO THE MOON thing people have been speculating. It would make the similar titles make more sense. 

A door that looks like Wilson's head.

Wilson is not a real scientist. He's a GENTLEMAN scientist. It basically mean's he's pretty rich (I would presume from some sort of inheritance from a relative in his case, or at least that's what I always imagined, seeing how he lives in a shack in the woods) and uses his money to do his own science. Unfortunately, he's not very good. Kevin stated that he's not accepted by the general scientific community as he believes in some sort of pseudoscience and magic, such as the blood magic he used to make the machine. This is also why he thinks that (or at least, something a while back suggested he did) things like the meat effigy were scientific, not magic.

Yes, he is a failure. But that doesn't mean he won't stop trying.

I wouldn't say he's a failure. Meat effigies work, don't they? In fact, if he was a true failure, the blood magic he used to make the machine wouldn't have worked and he wouldn't be in this mess at all :D

I wouldn't say he's a failure. Meat effigies work, don't they? In fact, if he was a true failure, the blood magic he used to make the machine wouldn't have worked and he wouldn't be in this mess at all :D

Well, he did have Maxwell's instructions then.

I wouldn't say he's a failure. Meat effigies work, don't they? In fact, if he was a true failure, the blood magic he used to make the machine wouldn't have worked and he wouldn't be in this mess at all :grin:

Well. A failure at REAL science. But who needs that when you have Maxwellian knowledge?

Archived