The Way(Aka Praecantor 2)Speculations

So, from the latest puzzle thread, we discovered this website here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/science/craft/the_way.html

So, it seems that there is a second praecantor. Speculations welcome!

Here's mine, and it's no more crazy than Wilson is/is not.

Look at the URL. The Way?

The way....what? Where? It is The Way Out? An escape?

ds_t001a.png

It appears that Wilson has a Mortar And Pestle here. I imagine he's mixing together the Rocks, Silk and Berries to make the Thing mentioned in the first part of the recipe.

ds_t002.png

ds_t003.png

ds_t004.png

ds_t005.png

But doesn't this image imply that Adventure mode didn't happen and Maxwell isn't free? If Wilson is able to craft something then either;

A.) He hasn't gone and saved Maxwell so story mode isn't canon.

Or

B.) That the characters aren't separate from one another and somebody else saved Maxwell.

Or

C.) Somebody saved Wilson.

But doesn't this image imply that Adventure mode didn't happen and Maxwell isn't free? If Wilson is able to craft something then either;

Or

B.) That the characters aren't separate from one another and somebody else saved Maxwell.

Or

I'm willing to believe C.

Or

Or

Not Necessarily. Remember, Maxwell was able to "Move" relatively freely, even when "Trapped" in the Nightmare Throne.

I don't think anyone mentioned the white line on the middle-top of the image. Looks like a "1". I think that probably means that this is the first image of wilson enchanting something.

Praecantor means enchanter in Latin, apparently.

Or

Or

Or

C.1)Maxwell saved Wilson.

It's seems important to me.

What if a "freedom" is just freedom from throne?

And those graves and skeletons just our heroes in the past.

"Better him than... Wait a minute."

Noticed by Strangerdanger101, today.

And names on graves.

I don't think anyone mentioned the white line on the middle-top of the image. Looks like a "1". I think that probably means that this is the first image of wilson enchanting something.

Praecantor means enchanter in Latin, apparently.

How do you enchant with a Mortar and Pestle?

At start i will tell that I'm new to DS but i want to help with that, so if I'm wrong you can kill me, I have Meat Effigy :D
Someone tried checking code of CSS and HTML/PHP of the latest pic with Crazy Wilson using different browsers? :p And there is also some "funny" things in css code:
"/*Every time you use Internet Explorer, Wilson cries.*/"
"/*Firefox, Y U NO USE PADDING LIKE CHROME*/"

I'm not an IT but from the code i get that there are 2 input entry boxes:

input.entry-box {	font-family: ds_text;	text-transform: uppercase;	color: #ffffff;	font-size: 30px;	padding-left: 6px;	margin-right: 25px;	width: 122px;}

And this.. Text indent is at very high minus value.. So maybe there is something hidden but we can't see it because of this values? ;>

#prototype input.submit-btn{	background: url('images/prototype-sprite.png') !important;	background-position: -370px 0px !important;	text-indent: -9999px;	height: 135px;	width: 300px;	cursor: pointer;	display: block;	margin-left: auto;	margin-right: auto;}#prototype input.submit-btn:hover {	background-position: -15px 0px !important;}

I think that with @Stormrider1138 's pointing out of the chemical formula on the map being rocket fuel, in combination with the heavy focus on stars, and also Wilson's map note obsession with getting out, it's not a total stretch that there might be a lunar-ish world in the offing.  It would require a lot more new stuff than RoG did though, so I see it as iffy.  Definitely a more expensive DLC.

I also think that the fact that this whole thing was focused on Wilson, and he was clearly going mad, indicates pretty heavily that they're considering Mad Science as a focus of the next DLC.  Personally I think they could base an entire DLC off just made science, but they might decide that they need at least a couple more new biomes (normal world, or moon world) to help attract folks to it.  I mean, he's "So Alone".  What could be more mad than cloning one's self, or creating a frankenstein monster to keep company?

The title of the update really says it all: Where There's a Wilson, There's a Way.   A way what?  A way out or off of this world.  True, this notion can't easily be squared with other characters since they're not scientists, but so what?  You think Wolfgang would have the innate ability to craft an alchemy engine?  Webber?  Wilson is still the base character, and the story seems to proceed for and from him. And they really do need to play up his scientist angle as right now he has nothing unique about him related to science.   The other characters are incidental to the Wilson story. 

SO I say all evidence points to mad science and MAYBE a lunar world.

SO I say all evidence points to mad science and MAYBE a lunar world.

Thing is, stars is more deep space than going to the moon. Seems a bit contrived to make a logical step from gemini ( why not leo or orion, just, RNG ? ) to the moon. You say rockets I think fireworks. Ultimately they ARE small rockets. Or maybe it's just hinting at going with a "bang".

Edit: there is gunpowder, reeds, paper. You got your rocket right there :D

I cant help but wonder if it's connected to his quote "I will conquer it all with the power of my MIND!"

Did he find a way to do that? Is he trying to get mind powers?

Jeeze I just want to wrap him in a blanket at tell him its going to be ok

Thing is, stars is more deep space than going to the moon. Seems a bit contrived to make a logical step from gemini ( why not leo or orion, just, RNG ? ) to the moon. You say rockets I think fireworks. Ultimately they ARE small rockets. Or maybe it's just hinting at going with a "bang".

Edit: there is gunpowder, reeds, paper. You got your rocket right there :grin:

I say "lunar" because there's no word for a star landscape because irl you can't exist on the surface of a star.  Take lunar to mean 'somehow in space'.  Whether it's a moon, planet, star, whatever.  And ya, maybe the rocket is just 'an escape' and not 'trip to space'.  But that was a very detailed and methodical puzzle, so I think Klei probably had a purpose in picking Gemini vs other constellations.  As someone mentioned in the puzzle thread, the greek myth states that if one of the twins was alone, chaos would ensue.  DS is kind of chaotic.  Or maybe Wilson just wants company and Gemini implies that.    If all the constellation and stars references was just puzzle stuff, hey, fine, as I say I'm not as excited about space worlds as I am Mad Science.

Archived