Reign of Giants - April 24 Patch Notes

Bryce

• Developer

Lightning goats still don't reproduce (they have all the code for it except turning the periodicspawner on, which beefalo does with mood), which means you may not be able to get electric milk at all, and it's certainly not renewable.

And the eternal night bug is still not fixed, even though all it takes it commenting out one line of code and I already provided repro steps.

Glad to hear the thermal stone can no longer freeze you in summer, and looks like the iceover bug has been fixed.

The changes to hot foods are also pretty cool (heh heh).

Both of those bugs are fixed locally and will be public soon! Thanks for keeping us in check though.

It still seems like we are going to run out of Volt Goats pretty quick, it's a 25% drop chance from a charged goat, which are obviously more rare then the normal ones. Can't we just craft some kind of special container to hold the electric milk in (so it is still kind of hard) and then milk the goats WITHOUT murdering them? 

If not, thanks for the respawning goats anyway, it is a lot better then nothing.  :happypigs:

• Added the "animal" tag to some creatures to fix some targeting issues.
  • Moggles no longer allow time travel.

Does it mean we will no longer target Chester when trying to hit an enemy?

Time travel? Could someone explain to me how it was done, and what it was doing exactly?

Funny quirk I noticed: Standing under a tree completely negates the wetness you gain from the ice cube.

The character will also comment on how wet it is outside while wearing the hat, such as "Rain rain go away".

Edit: Seems I just happened to reach the tree at the same time that I hit the wetness cap for the hats. Trees aren't affecting it after all.

Cool, you added my Moggles Glow Berry idea; I both love and hate that!

I now accept people rage at this change to be directed at me...unless someone else suggested it to, in which case, direct it at them :grin:

Okay, RAGE MODE INITATED, HOW DARE YOU TELL THEM TO ADD THISSSS

Just kidding, this change was needed, it hurts so good AND bad.

Time travel? Could someone explain to me how it was done, and what it was doing exactly?

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/35088-moogle-are-time-machine/

Happen to me a couple of time : saving and quit wearing moggle, returning in game and time was different that at the moment of the save (clearly visible when it was previously dusk time and you return full day light.)

It was a return in the past as far as i can tell, but can't tell if it was that time wasn't save at the save, or if it was something like you lost always some hours.

Aw no, not the glowberries. Those depth worms do more damage than most bosses do in one hit, and they take forever to kill. Then they camp the entrance and exits. Not to mention their attack waves that most just end up in camp sites, making the first level cave as hard as ruins.

Not repairable either? But I don't want to spend time collecting more rocks and such for something that only has one perk above the miners light. 

The worst part is, now it is impossible to use the moggles in darkness. Good thing I already did that with Wilson and won. I would like to do it again though, because it was so cool.

"What exactly were the recipe changes? Something about a glow berry?"

+1 Please expand on or list how the recipies have changed. 

Endothermic fire requires (3x grass, 2x nitre)

Endothermic fire pit requires (2x nitre, 4x cut stone, 2x electrical doodad)

Moogles requires (2x mole, 2x electrical doodad, 1x glow berry)

Please... a mating season for volt goats? It would be really bad if we run out of them in our world. And a way to get milk from them without having to kill them?

aaaand... some more content for summer? 

Endothermic fire requires (3x grass, 2x nitre)

Endothermic fire pit requires (2x nitre, 4x cut stone, 2x electrical doodad)

Moogles requires (2x mole, 2x electrical doodad, 1x glow berry)

Many Thanks for the clarification.

it is Ridiculous, why heat stone can't cool down below zero Celsius?

Now you deny convective heat transfer now?

Because before you would actually start freezing to death if you held the Thermal Stone after putting it in the icebox.

I imagine it still gets cold enough to cool you down (although I haven't tested), I'm pretty sure it's just that it doesn't start killing you anymore.

Besides, if the icebox is only at about 0 celsius, then it makes sense it wouldn't get any lower.

Because before you would actually start freezing to death if you held the Thermal Stone after putting it in the icebox.

I imagine it still gets cold enough to cool you down (although I haven't tested), I'm pretty sure it's just that it doesn't start killing you anymore.

Besides, if the icebox is only at about 0 celsius, then it makes sense it wouldn't get any lower.

No, you can't freeze to death by just picking up a chilled thermal stone.

But, yes, maybe the icebox is only at 0 centigrade exactly. Not about, exactly, because ice can't melt in icebox.

It makes sense.

Archived