Pig Villages

Add Pig Guardian Houses and Pig Guardian torches to the Pig village where Pig King is.

You can't befriend Pig Guardians and they will attack you if you have weapone equipedd, they would stay active during dusk time lighting their torches and will go sleep only at night time.

Make Pig King killable for some grat loot and allow him to respawn after one or 2 sesons.

I like the Idea.
But maybe he pig King should fight, too. Or at least there would be enough guardians to make it really hard.
And it should not be possible to let pig villagers fight against guardians/pig king...because that seems weird.

Nah, I love this idea.

I would prefer it to be more along the lines of Guardian pigs surrounding the King - And a bit like how bunnymen attack when you have meat on you, any weapons or armor on you will cause the guardian pigs to become hostile.

Killable pig king? Hmmm, perhaps, obviously the loot would include quite a lot of pig skin for sure given it's size. Perhaps an automation in the pig villages allowing the selection of a new pig king after the death of the old one as mentioned like a season or two after. I'd like it if for the first season or two after it spawns it will only accept meat (No gravedigger items) in order to simulate it growing in size and to penalise you with those annoying gravedigger items you'd just have to hold onto for ages.

Oooh, you could also consider the pig king another boss mob that way, he surely wouldn't be easy to kill, easy enough to kite however :3

Truth be told, I've never even come in contact with these "guardian pigs" and I've played over 150 hours according to steam >_<

But I think they could have more of a varied use in future :D

It'd be funny if the way you got a new pig king to respawn is take a regular pig to the old pig's "throne" and feed him like 20 pieces of meat.

@Xjurwi

They only appear in Adventure Mode as set pieces

That is a lie. I've seen a single Pig Guardian totem in the middle of a large patch of berry bushes. Gobblers for many days.

I've seen a single Pig Guardian totem in the middle of a large patch of berry bushes.

I used to see them in the vanilla game too, but not for a long, long time. Nowadays it's only ever in Adventure Mode (although, to be fair, I don't delete my vanilla saves and start fresh very often). I haven't looked at the  files for the Guardian Pigs, anyone else? Was their spawn reconfigured to only be in AM?

I like the Idea.

But maybe he pig King should fight, too. Or at least there would be enough guardians to make it really hard.

And it should not be possible to let pig villagers fight against guardians/pig king...because that seems weird.

Another idea, building on yours... what if the Pig King wakes up during the full moon and fights, and has infinite HP? So, he's a super OP monster that follows you and wants to destroy you, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it until daytime and/or the moon cycle changes. Or maybe the opposite... since regular pigs are werepigs during the full moon, perhaps he wakes up and tries to fight you all the other evenings?

How are you supposed to trade with the king safely? At night, when the pig guardians go to sleep, the Pig King is asleep too, and you can't trade with him. 

I do remember reading somewhere that guardian pigs posted to guard the king don't attack you as you approach the king... (as seen in some adventure worlds)

Any increase in the Pig community story would be great.  I don't like the direction of making the Pig King into a boss battle - it drags DS toward looking like every other game.  Charm and story are what make DS great.

Stop with all the making it harder by making it more complex; please keep DS interesting, quirky and original - like how about midnight mating dance battles between the Merms and Pigs ( where a young pig and merm fall in love...).

In the game there will allways be two pig villages. One without the pig king and one with him. I am thinking of making a huge DLC sized mod for this game so if devs don't do anything about this and neither anyone else then I'll do this. Pig villages will be different!!!

Archived