What animals does the game need now?

Right now we have a menagerie of animals in this game and Reign of Giants have added a few new kooky ones in to the mix. I am wondering what animals do you think this game needs; keeping in touch with the games art style.

Personally I think the game needs peacocks; another land based bird like the Gobbler, that is quiet unique and very colourful. Perhaps, like the a Gobbler, this animal attacks food, more specifically your crops.

Snakes would be good for the desert, perhaps they can be trained to fight the hounds for you.

I also feel the game needs three other humanoid/animal group that attacks you for spring, summer and autumn. We have the MacTusks for Winter.

Perhaps for spring a group of otters?

You know me, I am a-buzz with ideas!

More Arthropods. Period.

Agreed.  Insects especially.  Mosquitos are probably the most pointless creature in the game.  There could be beetles and praying mantises and crabs (Acorn crabs that fall out of acorn trees and attack!) and scorpions.   I know what we DON'T need: more spiders.  Although I'll admit that my two RoG worlds I've generated seem to have much fewer spiders than I remembered from the base game. 

Why don't we just get the Screecher have a cameo during full moons in Autumn?

On a serious note, we should have more insects as well. But I was also thinking we could have perhaps different type of wildlife. How about the Platypus? Something so strange and weird and already a mishmash of such creatures it would look perfect in the Don't Starve world!

I would love see nest in tree. Or hive for the insect ?

Something for make some tree "special", add dynamic to the world and create surprise when you are in the forest.

If you let the nest/hive in place, some other will appear.

So you have choice : cut the tree for obtain item (eggs ? wax ? could be usefull for making rain-protect item ?), or waiting for having new inhabitants. Could add a little life to forest.

You can even imagine that this nest/hive are only full in some season (egg in spring, wax in winter).

(I'm french so sorry if i use the "wrong" words.)

I also feel the game needs three other humanoid/animal group that attacks you for spring, summer and autumn. We have the MacTusks for Winter.

Perhaps for spring a group of otters?

YES OTTERMEN'S! 

Very fast and playful. They eat frogs and fish on sight.  

They could actually be quite active during all seasons. 

Archived