Reign of Giants: Your Discoveries

At high amounts you start to freeze. I think it has an effect on sanity too, but it seems a little confusing at the moment.

Plus as previously stated in this thread as water level rises the chance for a tool to slip out of your hands increases. I'm not sure if that drains durability as well.

Hmm, about an hour and a half in I'd say. Same world, World 1. Found all 4 pieces easily enough after roaming none stop. Well not none stop, I took time to collect and use the abundant carpeted flooring and mine the many statues about. No base yet, just had fun. 

I enjoyed finding the many "things" in new areas where I hadn't found them before: Box and Gnome near the Pig King, who was out in the open field near the Autumn Leaf Biome - exciting! The farm was near the desert, the ring in a field, and crank in the swap - same ol'.  

I'm sure most of the things I'd comment on have been said before, however, I've only read the first page and not going too delve much into all of them. 

BUZZARDS: Gave them 3 good hits with a spear and Lucy (2 occasions) the birds flew off without fighting back. If a player is to aggro them with a ranged or melee weapon, it has to be strong enough to kill in that time. I'll try with a Dark Sword I found off a body - Also Awesome and new!

I do like the loot from the tumbleweeds - beard hair being my favorite, second to more gnomes, and thirdly, I found a live rabbit in one, lol. 

Other thing i wanted to comment on was the CACTI: eating one raw seemed to give a standard of 12.5 hunger - like raw carrots, or cooked berries; however, eating on cooked gave 12.5 hunger, 1 health, and 5 sanity. This I was very surprised about and happily. 

So far so good, I like the new changes. Fun and exciting, especially the abundance of carpet as I've come to like replacing flooring in my recent plays. Also, on the subject of FLOORING. The Autumn Leaf Biome (like the Ruins Biome) when using the pitchfork to remove the ground nothing comes up, but the ground is removed. I haven't tried the desert, but I don't think there's much of a difference between that flooring and the bottom layer (unremovable). 

Very interesting, so far!  I'm liking the world that got generated for my playthrough.  I have at least two islands that I've discovered and more set pieces than I'm used to seeing.  I like how the new trees turn in autumn, though it is kind of weird to see the dead evergreens but the new trees go right from full grown to small.  I'm guessing all sizes of the new trees will lose their leaves in winter?  Haven't run across the desert, sadly, so no tumbleweeds for me yet.  Haven't seen the goat or the buzzards, either.  About to settle in to prep for winter, so I don't die my first try through  XD

Is it just me, or do the trees grow faster? I keep seeing a ton of tall, thick trees that I must cut down before they wither away. Also, eating acorns is neat--fun how their the only type you can consume raw safely.

You do know if they wither they grow back...right?

I've learned that you can wear a Chilled Amulet in Summer time to avoid being killed due to over-heating. Not sure if you can freeze to death though, but it seems like wearing it eats through the durability.

Also, apparently pigs can catch on fire. I saw smoke on one and then suddenly he went up in flames. Pretty funny, to be honest.

Loving the new challenges this DLC offers and I love the surprise aspect of the tumbleweeds.

There seems to be a problem of excessive corner clipping with them, though.

347w7ck.jpg

There was a lot more that blew off screen or I picked before I thought of taking a pic.

Tumbleweeds clip in real however, so I doubt it's a problem.

EDIT: Lol, I just found a live bunny in one.

At about 70 wetness, you start to freeze.

Also, a small idea for Klei if reading... Possibly make it so that if you stand under a tree, you get wet a little slower. Just in case for dire circumstances.

I was thinking the same thing! Maybe the new trees since they are tall enough that a character can stand under the branches. 

Archived