World Settings

JoeW

Here's some data from the french community :

Poll

Q. Do you personnalize your world?

21% -> Yes, each time I create a new world.

28% -> Yes, sometimes.

40% -> Never.

9% -> How can I personnalize my world?

300 players have voted.

Here's some suggestions :

• Add a Hardcore Mode Preset.
  • Add a button that allow to set options randomly.
  • Add pourcentage for the frequence of mob spawn.
  • Add a value (number of day) for the duration of the season.
  • Add some options for the caverns contents.
  • Add an option for Koalefant.
  • Add an option for Krampus.
  • Add an option for Lureplant.

Being able to change the naughtiness threshhold for Krumpus would be interesting. 5 = Vegetarian mode, 100 = carnivore mode ;)

I'm hoping the console (PS4) version will see an update to these settings, since at the moment we can't change as many fields as the PC version and can only lower the settings (less, none) and can't go higher than 'default'.

One thing I just remembered is that it'd be nice to have a toggle for Meat Effigies in the world customization setting. When you're a new player, they're pretty hard to make, especially because of Beard Hair which no one but Wilson seems to be able to obtain- but after you get better and learn some things, you have infinite lives as anyone, that aren't very hard to obtain.

I tried turning off Rabbits once so I could have a magicless world at the same time, and it really changes the mood of things when you seriously do have a limited amount of revives via Touchstones; I actually have to worry about dying and permadeath. Stuff like exploring the ruins is actually scary, because a screwup could use my last touchstone- if I even have one left anymore. But... I have to forgo having magic entirely for this >>

I could just will myself to not use meat effigies, but it's hard to not use them if they're there and avaliable, understandably. Actually, having an entire seperate customization menu where you can disable specific recipes would be cool, but that's a bigger endeavor, and by far the most important item IMO is just the Meat Effigy.

Call me boring but I usually play on defaults. There was only a couple of times where I made the sliders to give me lots of food and only summer, to make the game easy for me. I just see the defaults as the way the developers wanted you to see the game...

I too enjoy default default, sometimes with Default+ or Lights out. 

Also, I think having a mores/less lots/none Wormholes would be a good idea. 

Having season and time cycles that could ALL of the above (or 2 of 3 as well regarding time cycles and soon to be seasons seasons now it's Fall Winter and Summer.) So we have a long or short day/dusk/night Summer/(Fall/)Winter but what if you want a Long or short Day AND  Dusk/Night? A Short summer AND Winter (and fall?)

And while we have the More/Less Skeletal basic perks option with MAYBE a big setpiece, I'd like both there to be one specifically for the more major Setpieces/Boons (go here for info, potential spoilers) instead of getting many more/less/lots of logs or grass, plus some way to spawn the major ones (if possible) from the Console. I realize the latter part of this may not easily be done, but the former part should be possible. 

A lot of hours logged in as well.

At first I turned hounds to less, then after a couple games I put them back to default.

I play on a huge world, would like there to be a larger difference between the sizes, not much of a diff between them currently. Would like to see the huge world actually HUGE.

I would also like to see a setting to make Pig Kings spawn in the world. Currently in my sandbox game there is no Pig King, this is the second time this has happened, making a lot of drops in the game useless.

Would also like to see a slider for the duration it takes for foods to spoil.

I've only tried everything max just to be stupid for 5 minutes, but I'd like to see myself try and ACTUALLY SURVIVE when there's tons of everything all around.

I've tried to do that, it's honestly not hard because there's always speople fighing around you and dropping food :D It just lags my computer to much xD

I crank the amount of Treeguards to "Lots".  Otherwise I have to chop down a heck ton of trees it feels.

What happens now is they spawn every play session but I get them distracted on someone else. Now I have roaming tree guard neighbors that eventually die to Tall-Fort.

After putting in a lot of hours into the game, i mainly play on default too, except I use Huge worlds. I would like to see a larger difference between the world sizes.

Since you regularly play Huge, can you confirm there are more biomes in the world as well as more resources compared to the smaller options? 

Since you regularly play Huge, can you confirm there are more biomes in the world as well as more resources compared to the smaller options? 

There does not appear to be more biomes created, just larger biomes and more things to harvest. An example; usually on default i would find one walrus camp, usually on huge i will find around 3 or so also on default i would always run out of rocks early and have to go into caves to get more, on huge it takes a little longer.

I have not looked into the world gen coding in this area yet...

There does not appear to be more biomes created, just larger biomes and more things to harvest. An example; usually on default i would find one walrus camp, usually on huge i will find around 3 or so also on default i would always run out of rocks early and have to go into caves to get more, on huge it takes a little longer.

I have not looked into the world gen coding in this area yet...

Got it. I will remember that next time. It's hard to remember what updates changed what and haven't played Huge in a few months.

Thanks! 

i always play on default. I have tried tweaking the settings but 

1 - it feels like cheating to me 

2 - i dont like the way setting for example beefalo on lots will mean they spawn all over the map, rather than just be more abundant in their normal biome.

However the main thing i would like to see is for Land Branch & Land Loop to make more sense/be easier to understand. and perhaps even more options for shaping the actual world itself.

I also think "number of biomes" and "biome size" options would be prefferable to just world size options, which appears to just create larger biomes.

I always play with most on default except:

Rabbit holes = more

Skeleton/boons? = lots

Grass = lots

Stone = lots

Twigs = lots

And funnily enough I generated a world earlier since I was checking the frequency of walrus camps (typically there's 1-3 on most of my maps with those settings) and on completely normal setting the world looks so bare o.o I'm genuinely shocked at how deserted it looks normally.

However that being said, I'd like to be able to change the caves - frequency of depth worms, nightmare cycle length etc. It'd probably allow me to become more comfortable down there as opposed to being damn scared as I am now xD

i always play on default. I have tried tweaking the settings but 

1 - it feels like cheating to me 

2 - i dont like the way setting for example beefalo on lots will mean they spawn all over the map, rather than just be more abundant in their normal biome.

However the main thing i would like to see is for Land Branch & Land Loop to make more sense/be easier to understand. and perhaps even more options for shaping the actual world itself.

I also think "number of biomes" and "biome size" options would be prefferable to just world size options, which appears to just create larger biomes.

I have a similar issue, I like messing with the presets but because things switch biomes I feel really conflicted about doing it.

Archived