World Settings

JoeW

Hey everybody,

So how many of you guys are changing the world settings when starting a new game? Do you generally play on default? Or do you like experimenting with different settings each time?

I think we have all tried turning everything up to "lots". But how do you usually like to play? 

The DLC will contain a whole new set of these for you guys to mess with but for now, we are just focused on what we may have missed in vanilla. So are there any current overworld settings that you would like to see added to the DLC world settings? (Sorry, no settings for caves)

We already added a few such as lureplants, flowers and a couple others, but we were talking about it earlier and decided we should check with you guys.

I play long summer, no deerclops, lots of boons, and less hounds. This is my current world, but of course I'm going to be changing them when I go through my Teleportato. If you can change settings in the Teleportato, that is. I hope you can...

I use to play with branching on none every game, and I was a little disappointed with the worlds I got. I had expected one large mass of land, but I still still got chain of islands. It seems to me like branching controls how linear the islands are. I'd love to just have one big oval with patchwork biomes all over the place.

It'd be pretty awesome to be able to mess with the spawn time of Spider Queens, too. Maybe being able to set them to Lots would make a Tier 3 Spider Den automatically spawn a Spider Queen?

I personally would like to tweak the clock to my liking a bit more. I've always wanted to play a game with only dusk and night.

Maybe a setting to edit the ratio of beehives to killer bee hives in the world.

I will say. Do not turn the Deerclops setting into a generic "Giants" setting. I'd like a bit more control than just "more giants less giants."

A merm hut setting.

I usually play with all resources (minus reeds) turned up to more and land branching set to least. And it'd be really cool if we could edit the proximity from spawn to Maxwell's door and/or the things. Editing your distance from the things would be a bit O.P, though.

EDIT: Adding an option for changing the amount of flint that spawns seems like a good idea as well.

The most key things I set every time are longer summers and lots of boons.  I like finding all the interesting set pieces (hope there are going to be more).  I would like it if there was an extra setting that separates the skeletons from the structure/creature set pieces. 

That's why I choose mine, but I'm going to learn how to handle deerclops and stop being a sissy! *Flexes terrible excuse for biceps*

That's why I choose mine, but I'm going to learn how to handle deerclops and stop being a sissy! *Flexes terrible excuse for biceps*

All i'm going to say is Telelocator Staff connected to a focus in the center of a field of tooth traps.

And not to completely derail.  If these new seasons have "drop everything" elements to them like winter, there should be a setting to insert/increase a down time between them.  Sometimes I just like being able to do stuff. 

I turn up Spiders, Grass and Rocks to more. Sometimes Rocks to lots. It creates a more fullish world without seeming over crowded and adds an extra layer of "I have to go kill things to make sure I don't get overrun with spider queens." I would probably turn up Lureplants too if it were an option.

Whenever I want a challenge to start out with, I set the season start to winter and set the season to winter only. This makes for a frantic start as I attempt to find enough resources quick enough to keep myself warm and full, all before the hounds and deerclops (also set on lots) start coming. Bad thing with winter only, is that I loose out on several resources such as seeds for farms and red feathers plus a few other things.

As suggested before, maybe there could be presets for the adventure worlds once people have played through it. Could be something like unlockable presets?

I would kill for a preset that let frogs rain from the sky in survival!

I usually set world to medium, reeds to more and boons to lots,on default plus.

I would love to be able to change the clock more drastically, i played once on long-dusk and it was an amazing experience.

You could add a switch to mandrakes too. I rarely see them on my worlds.

Hey everybody,

So how many of you guys are changing the world settings when starting a new game? Do you generally play on default? Or do you like experimenting with different settings each time?

I think we have all tried turning everything up to "lots". But how do you usually like to play? 

The DLC will contain a whole new set of these for you guys to mess with but for now, we are just focused on what we may have missed in vanilla. So are there any current overworld settings that you would like to see added to the DLC world settings? (Sorry, no settings for caves)

We already added a few such as lureplants, flowers and a couple others, but we were talking about it earlier and decided we should check with you guys.

There is a mod for that:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=190599740

Now what it lacks is:

-setting for caves

-more interesting presets

-resorce substitutes like in adventure mode

In general every component can be put in there for customization of the game world.

Usually I have my world size set to medium, no touchstones, more treeguards and more deerclops. Sometimes I'll set gobblers to low depending on the mood. That's usually it. I can't really think of any other options I want for the overworld but I'd definitely love some cave options so I can set worms to either low or none.

Archived