General Development

debugman18

I honestly feel like I'm walking through a giant, shut off machine. Did you start to work on some other project, or did you just start working on this elsewhere?

It's just a bad time.

I can't work because of my heart problems, and most of the rest of the team have problems of their own to deal with...

While we're all enthusiastic about the project, we just have other priorities. We have lives outside of modding.

This is a ridiculously ambitious project, and would take a dedicated full-time team quite a while. We're able to work part-time, at best. Modding doesn't pay the bills!

Just be patient. Things will pick up.

I honestly feel like I'm walking through a giant, shut off machine. Did you start to work on some other project, or did you just start working on this elsewhere?

Yeah, don't worry.

Everyone has other things to do, too. I'm very sure we will finish this. It just slowed down a bit.

People are very busy right now, myself included. Hell, I still haven't even gotten city water yet. Thankfully, my neighbor and I are good friends, so I'm stealing his water through 200 feet of hose.

Anyways, it's only temporary, eventually people's schedules will clear up, and we can push forward with the mod. Some of our artists are MIA, but I'm sure that's due to them being busy, as well.

Edited by debugman18

I haven't disappeared.....I just find it kinda awkward if I hear chirpin crickets when I look around here......-_-

So, who is still active in the team? Can we make an assembling?

I meant lefthelix and lifemare. Although willette is still around when she needs to be. An assembly of people would be a good idea.

I am around. Sporadic, but around.

But out of commission, for the time being.

My health is still deteriorating, and there's a lot of things I need to take care of, like moving back in with my mum... I'm working to make things as easy for myself as possible, and to give myself the best chance for recovery.

It's terribly frustrating, but getting frustrated will get me nowhere...

As always, I'll keep you posted.

I am around. Sporadic, but around.

But out of commission, for the time being.

My health is still deteriorating, and there's a lot of things I need to take care of, like moving back in with my mum... I'm working to make things as easy for myself as possible, and to give myself the best chance for recovery.

It's terribly frustrating, but getting frustrated will get me nowhere...

As always, I'll keep you posted.

No worries,

health and family always come first. Nice to read from you now and then! ^^

I wouldn't really know where to start. I'm really only proficient in adobe (15 yrs), but thanks to Dana's vid I have been working with spriter a little bit lately. I would be more than comfortable taking some direction as I have no earthly idea where any of the progress lies.

Where can I find the beta code? To see what progress as been made and where to pick-up from

With this project involving a relatively tight-knit group, and to avoid stepping on toes, I'd advise at least speaking with @simplex and @debugman18 first. They're our coders btw. :-)

https://github.com/debugman18/UpAndAway

You can submit pull requests, I think. Of course, it's not particularly easy to just jump into, since it doesn't really follow the usual mod structuring. I'd only suggest trying to make improvements if you're really confident in your abilities. A note, it doesn't work with Reign of Giants, for some reason.

thanks for the response. and the source code. Idk how much help I can be here but I know it cant hurt to try. are we following any specific order like "finish this before starting that?" if not I cant wait to dive into this and try to help move her along

Right now it's stale, so there isn't really any direction at the moment. There was a thread in the members section, but it's been messed up or something; there are missing posts.

Basically, anything that has a prefab but doesn't have functionality. I had meant to do work on that, but I just haven't been able to keep my focus on it. Things are hairy here. Anyways, if I can find a more detailed plan I'll post it here.

Right, so on the subject of skyflies, @simplex mentioned he thought they'd be better if they only followed flowers. I do agree, but I also agree with his other point that they should stick around so that the player should be able to enjoy the their aesthetics. Perhaps on that subject, the spawn rate could be slightly increased?

Right, so on the subject of skyflies, @simplex mentioned he thought they'd be better if they only followed flowers. I do agree, but I also agree with his other point that they should stick around so that the player should be able to enjoy the their aesthetics. Perhaps on that subject, the spawn rate could be slightly increased?

Very well, I changed the skyfly brain to make them randomly hop between flowers, but staying overall close to the player on average (which took much more work than I had anticipated). See what you (all) think. It probably needs some tweaking, and it may be reverted of course if you don't like the new way.

Is U&A updated to 26 II 2014 DS: All's well, that Maxwell update? I can't run it on my PC. If it is only for few ppl from this group, sorry. My English isn't very well.

Could you share your log.txt? Perhaps a screenshot of your mods folder as well?

Is U&A updated to 26 II 2014 DS: All's well, that Maxwell update? I can't run it on my PC. If it is only for few ppl from this group, sorry. My English isn't very well.

And are you sure you have the latest version of U&A?

I think yes but not sure. If you can, will you post a link to newest version, please? It would be great.

https://github.com/debugman18/UpAndAway/archive/master.zip

Put the folder inside of that zip into your /mods folder.

Remember, it's pre-alpha. You may have crashes, it may kill your save.

Edit: It should be noted that until we reach alpha, the mod is going to be changing and improving frequently. Multiple times a day. You won't see those changes unless you redownload that folder every time. You could also just pull from git every time, but that's a little more difficult unless you're familiar with it.

Edited by debugman18