[Archived] Original Mod Collaboration Thread

Well you're more than welcome to share them.

Personally, I had a few ideas myself, about structures.

A chest that transmutes things during the static cycles.

A cloud wall structure. A beanstalk wall structure. (Built from beanstalk chunks.)

A new research tier machine....

Is really good ideias , I have ideia for the implementation of the wheat.

Wheat.png

They can be harvested to receive 1 Wheat.

The research machine , he can be called "Up Chemistry Model"

To create a custom animation, you cannot use an atlas.

As far as I've been able to tell, it works like this:

First, you create each part of the character as a separate image. You need not worry about any sort of atlas. Meaning we can potentially go completely wild.

You then assemble it in Spriter, and do all your animating.

From the Spriter and image files, it generates the atlas and anim for use in the game.

I can only imagine the possibilities if we are allowed full control over animations. There will definitely be a lot more unique characters and creatures that way, how exciting!

In any case, I've been playing around with the Lionant still, keep getting different ideas so it's hard to stay on track. (Should see me working on a real drawing, I imagine it's exhausting just watching my process) Either way, just wanting to show some progress.

screenshot-1.jpg

I've decided to use your PDFs as a base, Lifemare, thanks again for sending those! I tried to cram too many details into the fur on mine and the results weren't what I had hoped for (learning is fun and all that), but yours has a nice balance. I'm still trying different things with the face so I haven't added the side profile just yet, so forgive them not matching.

I agreed that they may look a bit too spidery, so I decided to copy and paste one of the other midsections to the front and scale it down a bit just to see if it might make for a more ant-like body. (Note: This part will be redrawn if added) Unfortunately with the way the pieces fit together, I'm not sure if I can add this to the front/back profile.

Well you're more than welcome to share them.

Personally, I had a few ideas myself, about structures.

A cloud wall structure. A beanstalk wall structure. (Built from beanstalk chunks.)

A new research tier machine.

A high tier item that changes the weather. (Perhaps randomly.)

Crystal lamps, that could refract light.

Some of those would be harder than others to implement, though.

Edit: Let me expand on the crystal lamp idea. Basically, you could light up one of them with an external light source, and it would send a ray of light to the nearest next crystal lamp, which would light up.

What's your idea on the research station?

Also :

Cloud Cap : Sanity regen when normal and drain when static and warmth (Beefalo hat warmth when normal, and higher when static)

Cloudy vest, : sanity regen and + movement speed (it's so light), sanity drain + light when static

Crystal Battle-Axe : 75 dmg + slows down

Cupid's Bow : makes mob follow you (either cheap and short time follower, or expensive and long time follower)

Everseer Staff : reveals a chunk of unexplored map

Bean Bomb : throwable bombs (bean + gunpowder)

Chilled Pack : backpack that keeps food cold

Discharger: Makes charged mobs go back to normal (they will get charged back after a while if the static is sitll high)

I have and idea for crystal tools that i can scrap from my character's idea. They're basically tools with added bonuses like, digging reeds, replanting marble trees etc. But i'm not sure on those.

Edited by TeoSS69

My ideia : The Shound

(Inspired in the history Wolf in sheep's clothing )

The predator of the sheeps , he have the sprite of the sheeps , but acts like a hound , when attacked he reveals his real form :

post-269877-0-83851100-1378490480_thumb.

Drops : 1 Monster Meat , 12, 5 % Hound's tooth (1) ,  87 ,5 % Cotton (1-2) 

"And he eats the sheeps!  :frown: " 

Edited by 1Nicolino
  • Like 2

My ideia : The Shound

(Inspirated in the history Wolf in sheep's clothing )

The predator of the sheeps , he have the sprite of the sheeps , but acts like a hound , wen attacked he revel his real form ( the image i gonna post letter... )

Drops : 1 Monster Meat , 12, 5 % Hound's tooth (1) ,  87 ,5 % Cotton (1-2) 

And he eats the sheeps!!

Random lurker suggestion:

The crystal lamp Debugman mentioned above should act like an inverse heat stone; you put it next to a fire and it stores up light instead of heat, which would slowly dissipate overnight. If you're anticipating nighttime adventures, just light a fire early, soak up the light, and head out. Of course, since it's always winter, you'd potentially be wasting a slot that could be providing a bit of heat, like using torches.

Edited by Delta/V

Random lurker suggestion:

The crystal lamp Debugman mentioned above should act like an inverse heat stone; you put it next to a fire and it stores up light instead of heat, which would slowly dissipate overnight. If you're anticipating nighttime adventures, just light a fire early, soak up the light, and head out. Of course, since it's always winter, you'd potentially be wasting a slot that could be providing a bit of heat, like using torches.

I like that idea! I'm not sure how feasible it is (in terms of difficulty), but I like it.

There will definitely be ways to alleviate the winter some. Maybe with different kinds of crystals, you could craft different kinds of crystal lamps?

Anyways, winter isn't the real threat in the cloud realm. ;D

So I was working on Winnie's strings. They came out abit....wonderlandy. And a bit innocent. Maybe cause I had just finished watching Baby Doll.

Examples

Slurper: Fuzzy ball!

Spear: Pointy stick!

Eats spoiled food: Eww! It was furry.

Monster meat: Painful yum Yums.

Durian: Spiky fruit.

Top hat: Callooh Callay!

Bunnyman: Musn't be late.

So I was working on Winnie's strings. They came out abit....wonderlandy. And a bit innocent. Maybe cause I had just finished watching Baby Doll.

Examples

Slurper: Fuzzy ball!

Spear: Pointy stick!

Eats spoiled food: Eww! It was furry.

Monster meat: Painful yum Yums.

Durian: Spiky fruit.

Top hat: Callooh Callay!

Bunnyman: Musn't be late.

Wonderlandy?

This should be the pig quote. :p

tumblr_m8x662aqLc1qfs9g4o1_500.gif

• Like 1

Oh, Longbill PNG:

I don't think I posted this...

The next commit will include (somewhat functional) marshmallow bees, marshmallow hives, skyflies, a Moose, candy fruit, cloud bushes, flying fish, a beanstalk top, and now the longbill! It's going to be a while before that's all done though. I have to rename the builds, drop the new atlases in, test each one, work some on the prefabs. There's about to be a lot more things going on up there! :D

Then for attack quotes, Winnie should reveal her true nature...

Standard battlecry: Give me some BLOOD!  BLOOOOOOD!

Pigman battle cry: Bleed for me, piggy!

Spider battle cry: I'm not afraid of spiders!  DIE!

Spider warrior battlecry: You'll make a nice trophy on my wall!

Namedropping:

48uy.png

The Cabinet of Cagliostro*? Flamel's Trunk? Paracelsus Chest? Faustbox? er... Witch Case?

EDIT: Ark of the Coven?

Let me expand on the crystal lamp idea. Basically, you could light up one of them with an external light source, and it would send a ray of light to the nearest next crystal lamp, which would light up.

Like a giant telelocator focus! I love that!

And you could have a Quartz Torch for turning it on and off and recharging it.

6egv.png

Just don't call them Pylons :^P

Edited by lifemare

Well, for the threat I have a idea that are connected with sky and space.

@lifemare and I were 'speculating' in asteroids and I've thought a bit more about them. They could be similar to the earth quakes, but both small and bigger asteroids would fall and the bigger ones could have a chance to sometime turn flammable stuff on fire. You'll get hurt of them, and to make it more challenging - being hit by a real big asteroid will knock you out until next day (or how the time is going to work up there) and will half your stats (hunger, sanity and health) by how much you were on before you got hit.

I also think that stars could rarely fall under this period of asteroids. It would be a hard item to get and could be used for something cool, funny, useful and different. I have no idea what though...

Another idea, if asteroids would be the threat, there could be a telescope craftable from the science tab (or a special sky tab?). I have no idea what materials would be used - except that I think Crystals should be in the recipe. The idea I have for this is similar to the 'Thulecite Medallion'. But. It's a structure instead of an inventory item. It shows how far away the asteroids are until they come next time. But not exact. Just some "secret" quotes from the different stages. I thought about adding examples, but heck I'm really bad at writing quotes. 

I also thought that we maybe could add wind and a windsensor under the science tab (or special sky tab?). It would basically tell how fast and much it blows. I have no idea what it could be used for, but there you go. Someone could eventually come up with something doing with wind. (maybe it could be some sort of threat that has to do with the wind?)

I just want to point out that I have absolutely no idea how hard it is to implement this features. :grin: And I'm also interested of your opinions in this!

Edited by Wilbur

Well, for the threat I have a idea that are connected with sky and space.

@lifemare and I were 'speculating' in asteroids and I've thought a bit more about them. They could be similar to the earth quakes, but both small and bigger asteroids would fall and the bigger ones could have a chance to sometime turn flammable stuff on fire. You'll get hurt of them, and to make it more challenging - being hit by a real big asteroid will knock you out until next day (or how the time is going to work up there) and will half your stats (hunger, sanity and health) by how much you were on before you got hit.

I also think that stars could rarely fall under this period of asteroids. It would be a hard item to get and could be used for something cool, funny, useful and different. I have no idea what though...

Another idea, if asteroids would be the threat, there could be a telescope craftable from the science tab (or a special sky tab?). I have no idea what materials would be used - except that I think Crystals should be in the recipe. The idea I have for this is similar to the 'Thulecite Medallion'. But. It's a structure instead of an inventory item. It shows how far away the asteroids are until they come next time. But not exact. Just some "secret" quotes from the different stages. I thought about adding examples, but heck I'm really bad at writing quotes. 

I also thought that we maybe could add wind and a windsensor under the science tab (or special sky tab?). It would basically tell how fast and much it blows. I have no idea what it could be used for, but there you go. Someone could eventually come up with something doing with wind. (maybe it could be some sort of threat that has to do with the wind?)

I just want to point out that I have absolutely no idea how hard it is to implement this features. :grin:

It's funny that you mention wind... Because I actually had an idea for a kite item, but it would've been incredibly difficult to implement without custom animations. But now... :p

Added a few more things we've been discussing here to the doc. You might want to tweak them to your liking.

Specifically i took the liberty of naming Lord_Battal's trees as Thunder Trees and Willette's bees as Gummy Bees (to avoid the repetitive cloud prefix), and added Gummy Hives and Gummycombs to the pending ideas.

Also, the s'mores idea, would that be a recipe with Marshmallows, or an actual drop (sounds redundant as one)?

But aren't they marshmallow bees, hives, etc? And yes, I think s'mores they should be a recipe. Or, better yet, the cooked version of marshmallows. Just stick them in a campfire.

I like that idea! I'm not sure how feasible it is (in terms of difficulty), but I like it.

There will definitely be ways to alleviate the winter some. Maybe with different kinds of crystals, you could craft different kinds of crystal lamps?

Anyways, winter isn't the real threat in the cloud realm. ;D

It wouldn't be hard to do it. I'm just not sure about balance.

The next commit will include (somewhat functional) marshmallow bees, marshmallow hives, skyflies, a Moose, candy fruit, cloud bushes, flying fish, a beanstalk top, and now the longbill! It's going to be a while before that's all done though. I have to rename the builds, drop the new atlases in, test each one, work some on the prefabs. There's about to be a lot more things going on up there! :grin:

The actual build renaming, etc. (i.e., packaging of the new builds) can be automated. But yes, testing the result does take some time. ;P

@lifemare and I were 'speculating' in asteroids and I've thought a bit more about them.

I personally love the idea of asteroids. Glad i'm not alone on that.

A telescope would be cool and it would be nice if there was a way you could receive warnings from it, just by having it equipped. Though, it's probably too much trouble for a function that would already be covered by the event of asteroids itself (skyquake prior to appearance). And i'd really like it if they were very rare occurences. But maybe falling stars could be a more frequent alternative. They could drop stardust, that you could use to plant skyflowers (in case the cloud beehives can be crafted).

Edited by lifemare