[Archived] Original Mod Collaboration Thread

Oh, @debugman18, just realised that some people have been added to the OP, so adding them to the Google Doc. Looks like KidneyBeanBoy is on the doc but not the OP. Considering that he's done some decent work, I thought I'd just point it out.

I'll update OP with similar categories as the doc, crediting people with their contribution types.

Perdon me.

I can't say for sure whether or not your submissions will be added to the mod (especially without some degree of discussion amongst the collaborators), but you're welcome to continue sharing whatever you're working on with us. If your contributions are added to the mod, you'll be listed in the OP.

I can't say for sure whether or not your submissions will be added to the mod (especially without some degree of discussion amongst the collaborators), but you're welcome to continue sharing whatever you're working on with us. If your contributions are added to the mod, you'll be listed in the OP.

Thank you for the explanation.

I need some calming. ( your new avatar is so sad. )

Edited by 1Nicolino

Thank you for the explanation.

I need some calming.

There's plenty of opportunity to get your content into the mod. But there are many things for us to dig through (even @ArcticFox789's contributions haven't been added yet, but I'll get around to it). And if we added everything that everyone threw at us, we would never finish. There are 61 pages of stuff that could potentially be added, and that's over 1000 individual posts.

If it helps, I really want to add a Cheshire Cat, like you suggested. :p

There's plenty of opportunity to get your content into the mod. But there are many things for us to dig through (even @ArcticFox789's contributions haven't been added yet, but I'll get around to it). And if we added everything that everyone threw at us, we would never finish. There are 61 pages of stuff that could potentially be added, and that's over 1000 individual posts.

If it helps, I really want to add a Cheshire Cat, like you suggested. :razz:

The Cheshire Cat, is really impossible to pick the anim archive correct (anyone is like a cat) , only the monkey is reasonable to use , and is not so good.  :indecisiveness:

I'm a huge Lewis Carroll fan, so I'm definitely up for that.

In fact, I've been meaning to put together some concept sketches for a Cheshire Cat, myself. =3

Ooh, concept sketches? Looking forward to seeing them. I'm really interested to see how the cat would look in the Don't Starve world.

Edit: Spriter confuses me when it exports these animations. While is everything so small in-game? Do we need giant parts for the animations, or something? Or am I doing something wrong here?

Anyways, @thelefthelix, have a creepy gif of an even stranger antlion. (I'm just playing around in Spriter. I'm no animator, but it's fun to do silly things. In this, I'm trying to imagine how the antlion's expressions would flow.)

OOU35ZA.gif

Edited by debugman18
  • Like 2

Ooh, concept sketches? Looking forward to seeing them. I'm really interested to see how the cat would look in the Don't Starve world.

Edit: Spriter confuses me when it exports these animations. While is everything so small in-game? Do we need giant parts for the animations, or something? Or am I doing something wrong here?

Anyways, @thelefthelix, have a creepy gif of an even stranger antlion. (I'm just playing around in Spriter. I'm no animator, but it's fun to do silly things. In this, I'm trying to imagine how the antlion's expressions would flow.)

OOU35ZA.gif

My keyboard is thankful I wasn't drinking anything when I saw this. Up and Away presents Wilson and the Lion Blob Choir, their new album coming to a PC near you!

• Like 4

OOU35ZA.gif

Here's a half-finished test animation I was doing that might work in-game to a degree...

I'm not sure if I've been working too small, or too large, so it'll be interesting to see how it imports:

Tailball_testanim.zip

It would be cool if there was something up there that could bring back Abigail (in non-ghost form) as an assist character, like the pigmen, but a bit more frail (can't punch down things with her bare hands) and with common sense. (Won't attack anything without armour)

Health: 70

Weapon: Spear

Possible quotes and happenings:

Wilson:(for object) and I didn't even have to take the stairs

Wilson: (for Abigail) She seems a bit depressed.

Willow:(for object) I feel a bit guilty when I see this.

Willow: (special event) Abigail screams and runs away

Willow: (for Abigail) Wait! Come back! It was am accident!

Wolfgang: someone else do these

WX-78: (obj) WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS?

WX-78: (Abigail) SUBJECT SEEMS DISTRESSED.

Wendy: (obj) Maybe it could bring back my sister.

Wendy: (special event) Abigail says: I know who killed me! It was Wil- (gets eaten by lionant)

Wendy: (Abigail) I feel whole again!

Wickerbottom: (obj) : I'll be in there soon, if maxwell gets me or not.

Wickerbottom: (Abigail) such a nice girl.

Woodie: someone else do him.

Maxwell: (obj) I've made many people go here before.

Maxwell: (special event) Abigail says, "why did you trap my sister in this miserable world?" And attacks him.

Maxwell: (Abigail) Why is she so angry?

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy