An Update on Don’t Starve

Is it just me or is the first post jumbo up?

What happen to the neatly formatted post?
Why is it become a wall of text?

Strange...well thankfully someone has quoted the post before it

became a mess (the second post after the first).

It would be nice if someone would fix it! ^^

Is it just me or is the first post jumbo up?

What happen to the neatly formatted post?

Why is it become a wall of text?

Strange...well thankfully someone has quoted the post before it

became a mess (the second post after the first).

It would be nice if someone would fix it! ^^

@JoeW yeah, it's an important post. It should be edited to be legible again...

Great plans for Don't Starve, it really seems a good decision to make what you have better instead of just keep adding new elements to the world without connecting everything.

It's really rare the times I buy a video game, I just buy it if I think it's really good, and that's the reason I bought Don't Starve, it's selling at a reasonable price, same key for every platform, free updates, pretty neat! :-)

Nevertheless I just don't buy games more often because it's financialy impossible for me so I made an effort to make sure my contribuition is received between many by buying the game, and I expected to have eveything that comes and will come for it, so it's strange for me a payed DLC. In the other hand I understand they may need some financing to keep the project going so I guess I support it to, if that even matters.

Thanks Klei for presenting us great game.

Yes fully agree thanks for a great game that kept being improved (for no additional cost) for months on end!

Many AAA games ask you to pay up to half the game's cost for additional DLC which is at best another mission of the game and often short. Not only would I be willing to pay for DS DLC based on the content and the listening to user feedback to further improve this game, but I'm seriously considering buying Klei's Incognita very early so impressed I am with the company's user support and community interaction. 

And i'm often quite hesitant and skeptical; I'll conclude this post again with great work Klei! 

Edited by the truthseeker

Realy i thin k u should add charie how misterions she ois and all thes weirde letters in the trailers ya there needs to be a storey about what happed to maxwell how he ended up in the chair mabyey she loved him so much she locked him op to never leave ever

u just realy need to add the storey how it began maby charlie as a charecter

While normally I am against DLC (at least in the style used by nearly all companies), you guys have updated and constantly developed far beyond what almost any other companies do these days.  (Our house has bought 12 copies of the game to show support).  I'm hoping the DLC's bring new challenges and season and earn enough money to keep expansion/sequel/additions coming.

Keep up the great work guys (I am sad we won't get heat season yet though!)

Question: Will the downloaded content be addressed here or in a totally new thread? 

I would assume a completely new thread. All the updates have gotten stickied threads in the past, it makes sense that a DLC would as well.

Why would you be entitled to a free DLC?! What's the reasoning behind that though?

Yep. Unless you pre-ordered it and got some special deal (which was not done BTW readers,) why would anybody get something free just because they were around earlier as Teo wrote?

I'm definitely going to buy it, don't think that I'm not, it just seems surprising is all. Having been here since before Don't Starve released any updates to the game at all, it just seemed somewhat odd that they announced the game to be finished, and so soon after have DLC.

I'm definitely going to buy it, don't think that I'm not, it just seems surprising is all. Having been here since before Don't Starve released any updates to the game at all, it just seemed somewhat odd that they announced the game to be finished, and so soon after have DLC.

the game was finished on release, they just promised updates for a year after. then 6+ months later there's a DLC. time flies when you're having fun, huh?